Breakup

Bye, Ex-Boyfriend!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you read, I'll make it clear first. Jaejoong is supposed to be an arrogant and selfish person so pleaseeee understand if I make his character a bit annoying bcs that's just his character development. And I suppose, I'll make it clear that this story focuses on Yunjae's developing relationship more than Jaejoong moving on from his ex

That's all for the greeting. Happy reading!

 

 

“Jaejoong sunbae, can we eat together?”

 

Jaejoong looked at the person who asked him to eat lunch together. It was Jung Yong Hwa, the popular student who made the school go wild, even though he’s still in his first year. But his popularity is nothing compared to Jaejoong, the all-time favorite of the school.

 

They were in the canteen during lunchbreak and obviously it was crowded. Though Jaejoong wanted to reject it, he can’t just do that or else people might think he’s arrogant. After all he had an image he must maintain.

 

Coming to his rescue was his best friend, Jung Yunho, “Sorry Yong Hwa ssi, I need to talk to Jaejoong for a while.”

 

After saying that, he dragged Jaejoong to another table.

 

“I owe you one, Jung!”

 

“Of course. You’re always a trouble.”

 

“And I’m afraid that I’ll trouble you about one more thing after school, Jung.”

 

Yunho who was busy eating his soup now looked up to Jaejoong who was unfortunately giving him his puppy eyes.

 

!

 

 

Jaejoong was happily picking a tie in a department shop. Smile was all over his face, dragging his best friend here and there, picking this and that and looking in the mirror if it looks good on the taller male who accompanied him all day long. There were two things that made him happy today. First, today is his first anniversary with his boyfriend. Second, that day was the last day before the long summer holiday. Jaejoong never liked school so holiday was like a Heaven to him.

 

“What do you think, Jung?” Jaejoong kept changing the ties to match it with his friend’s appearance, “Do you think the stripe or the blue one is better?”

 

“Why did you have to drag me along, Kim?”

 

“Because you’re at a similar posture to Siwonnie!”

 

The taller male just sighed at the sight. He was getting tired. After the school, his best friend Jaejoong asked him to accompany him shopping. Well, Jaejoong always forces him to do this and that, go here and there with him, and not even once he felt tired of it. But this time is different. They were choosing a tie not for him.

 

“Will Siwonnie like this or that? Which will suit him better?”

 

Seeing there was no response from his best friend, Jaejoong pouted, “Jung Yunho!”

 

Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong have been best friends since little. They have never been neighbors but they are extremely close because of their parents are good friends. They are so close that they often come by each other’s house and greet each other’s family like their own.

 

It’s Jaejoong and Siwon’s first anniversary today and Jaejoong wanted to give him a tie. Though Jaejoong and Yunho are still in their last year of high school, Siwon, Jaejoong’s boyfriend is currently on his last year of university, and now is doing an internship for his final project. Therefore Jaejoong thinks that a tie will suit his boyfriend.

 

Yunho let out another sigh. Jaejoong may be his best friend, but this male best friend is much more tiring than his girlfriend, Jessica.

 

Thinking about it, Yunho never liked Siwon at all. Siwon is Jaejoong’s first boyfriend and he never liked that. Well, the university student looks really good, nice and smiley all the time. But that’s what makes Yunho doesn’t like him. To Yunho, Siwon’s smile looks creepy. When he smiles to Jaejoong, it feels like a erted ahjussi is eyeing his prey. That’s not how it looks like to anyone, but to Yunho, it does.

 

He still remembered how Jaejoong came to him happily last year.

 

“Jung Yunhoooo!” Jaejoong shouted as he entered Yunho’s house without knocking the front door or anything. He sprinted to the figure of Yunho who was eating his brunch peacefully.

 

“What?” Yunho gulped his milk without sparing a glance at Jaejoong.

 

“Yah! Do you still remember Siwon?”

 

“Oh that university ahjussi you met during your Japan holiday?”

 

“Yah!” The beautiful male slapped Yunho’s head’s back playfully and hissed, “He’s not ahjussi, babo!”

 

“He looks like it. So what’s with him?”

 

Jaejoong’s face curved a happy smile so wide, and he almost shouted, “He confessed to me!!”

 

Yunho froze for a moment, but too bad that his dense best friend failed to notice it and just hugged Yunho from behind, screaming that ahjussi’s name happily.

 

They spent nearly two hours picking a tie for Siwon. Jaejoong’s just too picky for a male. He’s much different form Yunho who will take whatever he first sees if it looks good. But Jaejoong will go to different shops to compare them to see which one looks better. He’s even more annoying than a female can be.

 

They stepped out of the shop with a frown on Yunho’s face while a smile on Jaejoong’s face. Whenever Jaejoong looks for him to ask a favor, Yunho will gladly help but not when it involves Siwon. He never got along even once with his best friend’s boyfriend even though it has been a year that Jaejoong and Siwon date. Instead, there was a slight cold war between them.

 

“Now I’ll go to Siwon’s office. Thank you Jung! You’re my best friend indeed!”

 

Best friend… The one called ‘best friend’ could only sigh though it was barely noticeable.

 

And Jaejoong hugged him, “Anyway where are you going now, Jung?”

 

“Err… Meeting Jessica? I have a plan with her.”

 

It was clear that Kim Jaejoong disliked the mention of that name. His face turned into a frown and Yunho knew clearly why his best friend did it.

Simply, Kim Jaejoong never liked Jessica at all. It has been countless of how many times Jaejoong will say that Jessica isn’t a good girl.

 

“Jung! You’re dating Jessica, seriously?!”

 

Jaejoong was now standing in front of him, but the latter just took his time and ate his lunch at the canteen leisurely. Jessica didn’t attend the same high school as them but she was damn popular in their school.

 

“Yep.” Was only his answer.

 

Jaejoong seemed annoyed by the way Yunho answered him. But that’s not all. He didn’t like to see Yunho dating Jessica. Everyone knows how much Jessica hates Jaejoong. Jessica thought that Jaejoong is her rival in terms of beauty. Thus, he assumed that getting close to Yunho might be one way to annoy him, not because she liked Yunho.

 

“Why did you date her?” Jaejoong hissed, “You clearly know how she hates me and this could be her way in getting into our friendship, destroying everything. I know she will do everything to take away everything from me!”

 

“Kim, I know and thank you for your concern. But Jessica is a good girl once you get to know her. After all, I need a date anyway.”

 

“Do you forget that whoever you date should be by my consent?!”

 

“And what about Siwon then?!” Yunho finally exploded, “You accepted him even when you haven’t asked me about my opinion! You broke our promise first!”

 

“Because Siwon is a good guy! I’m sure he’ll pass your standard!”

 

“Jessica is a good girl as well!” Yunho snapped, but then as he realized Jaejoong was getting too emotional, he knew he shouldn’t say anything else or else his best friend may explode even more.

 

“At least, find someone better than me!”

 

‘If I can get you… I… I wouldn’t need to look for another date. But we can’t right? Because you only see me as a friend?’ Yunho said to himself, He sighed hopelessly, “Forget it. I’m going to class first.” He said before walking away from Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong almost shed his tears as he stared at Yunho’s back sadly, “Only if you weren’t straight… Perhaps I’ll make some effort to make you look at me. But there’s nothing that I can do if you’re not like me… Pabo Jung.”

 

It’s been three months since Yunho dated Jessica and Jaejoong never liked her least bit. Well, not only Jessica. Even Yuri and Yoona, Yunho’s past girlfriends, they never got along with Jaejoong. Jaejoong would always say, she’s not good enough or you deserve someone better or can’t you find someone better?

 

Yunho patted Jaejoong’s head, “I’ll get going, Kim. I don’t want to make her wait for me.”

 

Jaejoong just stared at Yunho who started walking away. He pouted and sighed. Indeed, he’s Yunho’s best friend. But he knew he can’t really meddle into Yunho’s relationship. Shaking his head, he walked as fast as he could to Siwon’s office which is located just nearby.

 

 

Jaejoong carefully tiptoed to Siwon’s room; he was so excited to see Siwon’s reaction. His boyfriend will be so happy to see him here with a gift. He opened the door slightly to see him, but…

 

“What about your boyfriend, Siwon ssi?”

 

Jaejoong’s face hardened at what he saw. His boyfriend Siwon was having a girl on his lap and his hands held her waist possessively. As much as he wanted to deny it, it was too obvious. Way too obvious to be denied.

 

“I… I’m breaking up with him.”

 

The tie which was beautifully wrapped in a box fell in an instant and the noise that came from it made Siwon and the girl turned to Jaejoong.

 

“Jaejoong?”

 

“I… Is it true?”

 

Siwon’s face looked uneasy. He did intend to break up but he didn’t really want to hurt Jaejoong so deep. But no matter if it’s later or sooner, he will have to say it anyway.

 

“Jaejoong, sorry…”

 

Jaejoong’s face hardened and he just couldn’t accept it. His boyfriend for a year is breaking up with him, and on top of that, he was with another girl.

 

Jaejoong ran away without saying anything.

 

As he exited the building, he inhaled the cold air and let himself shouting. There were people looking at him weirdly, but he only glared at them and shouted back, “Why?! You’ve never seen a man boiling with rage because of a breakup?!”

 

Just as he walked down the road, a tall male looked at him continuously as if he was checking him out. After some time, he seemed to have decided and came up to Jaejoong.

 

“Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong right?”

 

Jaejoong looked confused. He was so sure he had met this man somewhere, but where, he can’t remember.

 

“And you are?”

 

“Changmin! Shim Changmin!”

 

Jaejoong opened his mouth when he could finally remember, so this man was Shim Changmin, his friend during primary school.

 

“Oh Shim Changmin!”

 

The two old friends finally sat together on a seat they spotted. Though it was a gloomy for Jaejoong, meeting an old friend doesn’t sound so bad.

 

“So why did you look awful, Jaejoong?”

 

“Was it so obvious?” He sighed, “Actually, I got dumped by my boyfriend just now!”

 

“Ah really?”

 

“Actually I didn’t really love him at first…” I just used him to distract myself from the one I really love. “But as time passes, I got so used to his existence. I like him and now breaking up I feel… It’s going to be different. Though he doesn’t take a special place in my heart, it’s pretty hard to get yourself used to a situation back to when you didn’t know him before.”

 

Changmin smiled as he reached out to his pocket, taking out his business card and handed it over to Jaejoong.

 

“Shim Changmin… Your love consultant?”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes widened when he read that.

 

“I’m a pretty good consultant you know. I can teach you how to move on!”

 

“Really?”

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter