A start to a long journey

너 때문에 [Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you two really going to go ahead with this? You two are going to be working with civilian people with your bare faces. Don’t you guys know that as one more person remembers your face, it endangers you 12 times even more? I am so going to throw you two away so quick if you two become exposed.”

Hyejin and Changwook both stared at themselves in the mirror, checking their new disguises out. Changwook looked at Hyejin and noticed a strand of hair dangling from her face, he tucked it behind her ear. He then placed his hands on the sides of her head, “Now let’s see, you look pretty damn messy for a university student. Don’t you know the current trend for young people these days is to doll themselves up wherever they go?”

“Now let’s see," Hyejin also put her hands on the sides of his head, "you look pretty damn exaggerated for an interviewee, how much hair gel did you use? A whole tub?” Hyejin retorted, she poked him.

“Are you two even listening to me?”

“It’s going to be a long journey, but it’s time to bring back some justice you know, at least for Teacher.” Changwook stared back into the mirror and waved. The reflection of both Changwook and Hyejin was displayed on Mikyung’s monitor, she let out a weak smile, at least they look like normal kids their age. But hey you loving soul, I’m not sure if what they’re doing is right, but she’s going to know one day… and that one day might come really soon. Mikyung sighed as she poured a cup of soju in front of Gwangrok’s picture.

-

Hyejin walked into the large lecture hall and peaked inside, ah I’m early. There was still some time left before class started but she wasn’t sure on whether to grab a bite before because of her awful and weird eating schedule. Somewhat confused in her dilemma, she begun to turn around when she bumped into someone. Immediately, a flock of papers flew from his hands.

“Omo!” she exclaimed.

Hyejin bent down to the floor and started to pick up all the papers from feeling slightly guilty for being careless, have my joints been rusty lately? She flipped them over and noticed that they were music sheets for the cello and piano. She looked up to the boy before her. His chocolate brown bangs were swept slightly to the side of his forehead with his soft, hazel eyes flowing with innocence. Surprisingly, she seed to have thought he resembled a god for a moment. He shifted his gaze towards her and she almost choked on her breath. WHAT THE HECK HE LOOKS SO CUTE. WAIT. WHAT AM I EVEN DOING I’M HERE FOR BUSINESS NOT TO LOOK AT BOYS. KIM HYEJIN CALM YOURSELF DOWN MAN, CALM YOURSELF DOWN. After collecting the papers, he stood up and placed his hand out in front of her. Oh wait I think I should give him his music sheets. Hyejin held the sheets out so he could take it, instead, he grasped onto her wrists and pulled her up so that she was standing on her feet and let out a soft smile. Her cheeks started burning like fire, she internally slapped herself.

WOAH KIM HYEJIN, THAT WAS A FAKE SMILE OK DID YOU SEE THAT. HE’S JUST TRYING TO LURE YOU INTO HIS CUTENESS. DON’T. FALL. FOR. IT. OK? NOW CALM THOSE RAGING HORMONES OF YOURS, YOU SEE MEN EVERYDAY (mostly goons) AND HE IS NOT AN EXCPETION.

The boy chuckled at her reaction, “Thanks for helping me, you’re in this class?”

She nodded.

“그럼가자!” (Then let’s go!)

The duo entered the room and sat in the same row, next to each other and waited impatiently for class to start. After for what seemed like forever, the lecturer finally walked in and gave the usual orientation to the course syllabus and grading system. Of course, Hyejin didn’t pay attention to what he was saying because she was trying so hard not to fall face flat on her desk and doze off. Gosh, I really need some more sleep… UGH 3 HOURS IS NOT ENOUGH! From the corner of her eye, she could see the boy beside her chuckling to himself. He was obviously amused by her current state.

Class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter