Begin

너 때문에 [Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changwook came out from his bedroom and headed towards the living room. But the moment he stepped out, a nice aroma of food wafted into his nose. Someone’s cooking in the kitchen. He tilted his head in confusion as he slowly made his way to check. His brows rose in surprise when he saw Hyejin standing in front of the stove with an apron covering her pajamas, cooking.

“Yah Kim Hyejin.”

Hyejin sensed that someone was staring at her from behind, she turned around and saw Changwook. “Good morning,” she said as she stirred the contents in the pot before looking back at him.

“Wow, since when did you know how to cook?”

“Well… I don’t really… but I learnt from watching videos online… Since teacher has been overseas for a long time, I thought it would be nice to make him some breakfast.” She scooped out a bit of the soup and tasted it, before adding a few more slices of tofu into the stew. Heol, and she never makes this for me?

“Wow… you two…” Gwangrok walked into the kitchen with a few envelopes and letters in his hands, “Grocery credit card log. Nothing. Phone log. Nothing. Nothing at all this month. I bet you two after three days you’re going to both get food poisoning, salmonella, E.coli O157:H7, botulism, Campylobacter, take your pick.”

Both Hyejin and Changwook shrugged sheepishly.

“It’s amazing how you two have grown to be so strong when you’ve solely relied on fried foods. If you at least eat like Mikyung, you two would have all the necessary nutrients.”

The pair widened their eyes in horror, they were both thinking the same thing. No more kimbap talks. Definitely no more kimbap talks. Changwook shot Hyejin a look to say something, she nodded at his signal. She came out of the kitchen holding a tray in her hands and placed three bowls of 된장찌개 (Beanpaste stew) with side dishes onto the dining table, put the empty tray away and took a seat. Changwook and Gwangrok followed and sat down at the table as well.

“It’s been a long time since I made beanpaste stew, try it.”

Changwook eyed his stew, skeptical about whether it was going to taste good or not. Last time he remembered, most of the food in the house probably went way over its best before date, “Is this really edible?”

Gwangrok slapped his student on the head with his spoon, “Just eat, she was up for half an hour making this.”

Changwook scowled and took a bite hesitantly, Hyejin was looking at him with an expectant gaze, “How is it?” Gwangrok started eating as well.

“Wah, this is awesome, eating home-made food with my two pupils.” He stuffed his face with food like a child. Hyejin chuckled and started eating as well.

“Not bad.”  Changwook muffled with rice and stew in his mouth. Hyejin shot him a look.

While eating, they talked about what Hyejin and Changwook had been doing while Gwangrok had been away.

“Teacher, wow, you don’t know how much this peanut-head has grown. I don’t even need to help her fight anymore, she does it all by herself—”

“Yah, how could you let a girl fight a bunch of men by herself, you need to start being like a gentleman…” Gwangrok slapped him again on his head, this time, with his chopsticks. Hyejin chuckled at the two men, she missed the sight of them bickering.

“Let me finish! Anyways, on our latest mission, Hyejin beat up Sangsoo’s minions in under five minutes! You should’ve been there to see her, she looked so cool- but she’ll never look cooler than me heh.”

Hyejin flicked him on the forehead, “You’re older than me yet you’re more immature than I am. Oh yeah, has that Sangwon guy replied to our email?”

Sangwon...? That name caught Gwangrok’s attention. He put down his spoon, “Park Sangwon?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter