Back home

너 때문에 [Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“…three!”

The doors didn’t open. “Three!” She repeated in exasperation. This time, the doors did open… behind them, on the wrong side of the tracks.

“Come on Ahjumma!” Hyejin griped.

“Oops, my bad.” Mikyung corrected her mistake, this time the doors opened on the right side. Hyejin and their client leapt out the correct set of doors onto the tracks below, while the goons were locked out by closing doors.

Changwook took a quick peek at their expressions, always a step behind, he chuckled to himself.

Meanwhile, Hyejin was jogging down the tunnel with their client.

“The package.”

“Excuse me?”

“Give me the package. I need to check if it’s real.” Sungchul firmed his grasp on the briefcase he was holding. “Ahjussi, haven’t you heard of my name before? The reputation of executing the contract exactly to the tee, that Healer is me. ‘Make the deposit after you check the package’ is my motto, so please give me the package. The package must be checked before a deposit is made.”

They client stopped running. “Please save me first. Then I’ll give you the package,” he fearfully begged Hyejin. This went against their policy and time was ticking.

Back on the train, the goons opened the doors by hitting the emergency button and leapt out of the carriage, continuing the chase. Changwook saw this and cursed to himself, can’t they just give up already? Damn it. After he made sure that all of the goons were in the tunnel, he leapt down as well.

“Even if those punks catch us, I’m sure they won’t kill… But… I think that just might happen in this case.” Hyejin also silently cursed to herself as she saw the gang coming at them mighty quickly while looking back at the train. “We need to run.”

“You have no idea what this is, do you?” Sungchul whimpered in fear.

“Ahjussi… I mean, dear client. Do not talk about the contents of the package.”

“They’re going to kill me! I’m going to die so please save me!”

“Ah , Ahjumma.” Hyejin breathed in deeply and looked back at the gang. Ok, just this one time… “Get rid of the train. It’s too bright.”

“Get rid of the train, huh? Then of course, I’ll get rid of it.” She began to work her magic, which sent the subway train along. The light source was gone.

“Ah geez, I was enjoying the spot light for a moment!” Changwook said in annoyance as he ran along the tracks. He tried to keep a distance between him and the goons, just in case they noticed him.

The goons took out their flashlights once the tunnel went completely dark.

“Where are they? Follow them!” They rushed along quickly, shining their torches everywhere in attempt to find them. But the goons were in the light and Healer was in the dark…

Soon enough, Hyejin was able to employ her super-fly hand-to-hand moves and picked them off one at the time. Changwook just hid in the dark, observing the whole scene fold out, wishing that he had some popcorn with him. Who needs to go to movies to watch action scenes when you have one right here? Do you see teacher? You trained a fine pupil, other than me of course… Who would’ve thought that tiny peanut could beat up a bunch of gangsters?

The goons finally noticed that some of their men were down and soon discovered where Hyejin was. She was dragging the bodies of their men to the side of the track. They charged at her, but that was no use, Hyejin threw a few punches (they were pretty light for her, but that was enough to send a few of them flying) and flew her leg up to kick the neck of the other goon. Within 3 minutes, she had most of them down on the tracks, beating her record. Changwook was timing and nodded his head in approval at the decreasing time she used to defeat their opponents.

“When is the next train coming?” Changwook cracked his neck, he looked at his watch again. She needed to get rid of all of them before making their escape because they might very well be dead by the time the train arrived and ran over them all.

“In two minutes and ten seconds from the opposite direction. How many are left? You think that will be enough?”

While the goons were wondering around then tunnel mindlessly, they didn’t notice Changwook slip by them and help Hyejin continue move the bodies. “No matter how much I think about it…. This is not worth six million won.”

Hyejin sighed while lifting her hoodie above her cap and counting the remaining number of goons she had to kick down. One, two… six… She charged at them with another set of effortless flying kicks and punches.

“Fifty seconds…”

Hyejin had finished off the last guy, she dusted her hands and laughed. Always a step behind, in time and skill.

-

Inside a palatial estate, a media mogul was taking a conference call with other media honchos. Park Sangwon, a candidate for the next presidential election, was discussing how to handle the story of the mass layoffs at Samhan Group. Or spinning it, more like, landing upon a business-friendly angle that takes the blame off the corporation. During their call, Sangwon’s secretary walked in silently with a solemn look on his face. Sangwon noticed his secretary’s presence, “Let’s end the call here, I’ll call again.” He pressed a button on his remote and the bookshelves slowly closed together, which hid the television monitors he just used for the call.

“He has the package.” His secretary walked over to him and bowed.

“Has he checked the package?”

“It’s been checked sir. It’s the right one.”

Sangwon smirked as he pulled out his glasses from his suit pocket and put them on, “You said another party tried to steal it in the middle? It was Jitae, wasn’t it?”

“Yes, sir.”

Sangwon chuckled to himself, pitying his rival and old

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter