Regret

너 때문에 [Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon-ah, use your eyes and watch me crush that damned jerk so then you’ll rest in peace.

-

Watching the CCTV feed, Mikyung noticed the arrival of a few cars at Double S headquarters. The sleek black car which Sangwon drove in swiftly into the underground carpark as the other, rather shabby looking cars followed up close behind and parked outside the headquarters. She chuckled upon recognising Detective Yoon Dongwon getting out of the car. She reached out for one of her many brick phones and made a call.

Meanwhile, Sangwon was ushered inside Double S to confront the Healer, who had insisted that he was a good old friend of Sangwon’s.

Bae Sangsoo quickly rushed up to Sangwon and bowed, “You’ve come? Coming to this shabby place…” He was quickly silenced by the questioning look Sangwon gave to Sangsoo’s many bruises beautifully spread across his face. “At first, we tried to keep him in the basement storage area, but he didn’t like that location so he created a ruckus. That’s why we brought him here...”

Sangwon looked at him with uncertainty and continued on to meet his ‘good old friend’ sitting comfortably on Sangsoo’s couch. He smirked as he made his way to Gwangrok, “Did you say this guy is Healer?”

“There’s no doubt. But, he kept insisting that you were his close friend. That’s why I sent you his picture just in case.”

“Can everyone leave the room?”

Sangsoo was surprised at the sudden order, “Oh, that’s dangerous.” What if the douche hurts my money master?

“It’s true that he’s a close friend so it’s ok.”

Gwangrok smiled smugly at the comment. “Close” huh… how close were we exactly…? Love rivals? Nice try fella.

“I understand.” Sangsoo bowed and left while rubbing his face madly in pain. He motioned for the team to move out.

Sangwon smiled to Gwangrok and extended his hand, only to receive a cheerful rejection. “What should I do? I don’t want to shake hands with you.”

Sangwon shrugged and sat on the couch opposite to Gwangrok, “Did you tell those people that you’re Healer?”

“Ah, it was so sweet taking your money from you. Why don’t’ you consider to keep hiring me? For a friend, I can give you a 10% discount.” Gwangrok laughed.

Sangwon chuckled, “It’s not you.”

“Sangwon-ah, may I ask you something?”

“Tell me.”

“Was Jiwon the end? There are more people that have been abused and hidden, right?”

-

Police cars also made their way in front of the building. Detective Yoon and his partners were surprised to see their sudden arrival.

A policeman walked up to Dongwon, “What are you doing here?”

“Oh yes,” Detective Yoon hurriedly pulled out his I.D from his jacket pocket, “We’re undercover right now.”

“Oh, work hard.” The policeman saluted to them, “We came here after getting a report.”

“What report?”

“We got a call that someone was kidnapped in this building.”

“Okay!” Detective Yoon was thrilled at the excuse to charge in.

[Back at Double S]

Sangsoo’s thugs, including himself, walked in urgently to Sangwon. “The detectives are here right now. If your identity gets found out it’ll be a headache, so please go out to the back. Hurry.”

“See you again, Gwangrok.” Sangwon was then ushered ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter