chapter 4

the unexpected life

double update, if you not read chapter 3 please do so.

 

Yifan was preparing himself to go to the university when Junmyeon entered his room. He and Junmyeon shared the condominium since they were in high school. His condo was given by his father as a present for his 17th birthday. His father always encourage him to live alone and not depending too much on his status. The king wanted his son to learn to live independently. Yifan was only been provided with 2 maids and 2 bodyguards that would follow him around except to the university. He move in to the condo the next day after his father gave him the condo. He also asked Junmyeon to live together with him since he didn’t want to feel bored living alone. It was almost 7 years that they become roommate.

“Yifan, I’ll be late today. Just go without me”, Junmyeon informed.

Yifan looked at his friend through the reflection on the mirror in fornt of him. “why are you late? Are you sick?”, he asked while fixing his hair.

Nope.. I need to go meet my father. Got some issue to settle.”, Junmyeon explained.

Yifan only shrugged his shoulders. “alright then. I’ll go first”. Right before he stepped out from the front door, Junmyeon shouted from his room, “if you happen to see my honey, tell him not to miss me too much. I’ll meet him later this evening.”

“arghhhh.. just text or call him yourself. I’m not your so called private postman to deliver your message”, he heaved a sigh then went out. Not to miss Junmyeon’s stuck his tongue out on him.

He arrived at his class and went straight to their usual seat while waiting for their professor.  After 15 minutes of waiting, he then was informed that the class was cancelled from his classmates. He cursed. “damn Junmyeon!!! I think he already knew the class was cancel but he didn’t tell me”. Everyone who saw his face right now may think that he is ready to kill anyone. If a look can kill, he might already kill 10 of his classmates.

2 hours and a half before his next class start, he decided to just roamed around his campus. He walked in to a mini garden and sat on a bench while looking at the scenery and people who pass by. The campus was not too crowded in the morning and there’s only a few people around. Suddenly his eyes caught a sight of a certain someone. A certain someone that he often saw this week and he often accidently bumped into.

Dimple was walking alone with his head hanging low. His head was covered by hoodie and only a few strain of his black hair was seen. There is a long pout on his face “cute”, yifan thought. Before Yifan even realized that he unconciously called Dimple cute, Dimple smiled a little and showing his deep dimple on his right cheeck. Badump!! Yifan can hear his own hearbeat. He never saw a beautiful smile like that even though the smile was not for anyone. He just thought that the smile looks so sincere.

However, Dimple’s smile turned into pout again. Yifan can’t hid the smile on his face as he was thinking about what Dimple had on his mind. His facial expression changed so easily. Yifan’s gaze followed him untill he dissapear into his own faculty.Yifan was wondering why Dimple wasn’t with his two friends and why he looks so gloomy today? “is he having trouble? had a fight with his friends? his girlfriend dumped him?”

After a few minutes, he’s awake from his daydreaming. “why did I even think of him?”. he was feeling weird with himself because he doesn’t paid any attention to anyone he barely know and he was given a nickname as Mr. Cool City for that. That explained why he did not have any other friends except Junmyeon and Jongdae. After a while debating in his own thought, Yifan then decided to head back towards his faculty.

As he was in the faculty building and walk at the halllway of Music Department, he heard a very melodious sound of piano played in a sad tone. He wonder who was playing a sad song early in the morning? Unconciously his feet started to move towards the room where the sounds come from. He stop at the back door as he peek inside the room. His heart beat fast as he caught the colour of the sweater the man was wearing as he sat in front of the piano. He have seen the colour of the sweater and hoodie that covered the hair before he entered his faculty. Dimple!

“so, he is indeed feeling down right now?  Wonder why he feels sad?” Yifan almost went into the room to ask Dimple about his problem and maybe try to comfort him before the front door was opened abruptly as Dimple best friend’s head popped out from the door. Dimple quickly beamed at his firend. As he saw the smile on Dimple’s face made him feel envy all of a sudden because Dimple’s mood can change so easily with just the presence of his best friend.

“hyung, are you okay?”Yifan heard his friend asked.

“Kyungiee~~~”, Dimple started whining.  Once again, Yifan felt his heart beating fast as he heard the sound of Dimple’s whining.

He then continued to evasdropped the conversation between the two friends. Yifan felt surprised as he heard that Dimple said he have to marry the crown prince.

“I don’t remember proposing him before?” he almost cracked a laugh loudly as he understood the situation that Dimple’s concern was only his imagination.

 Later, his smile then turned into a frown on his forehead as he heard words from Kyungsoo, ‘“Hyung~~~ don’t worry, it would not happen ok. There is no prince who will marry someone who can’t differentiate between fantasy and reality”.

“Who said that? I don’t mind it at all”, Yifan thought.

 And his frown even more because it seems that Dimple feel happy after he heard what his friend has said.

 “he look so happy. Did he hate me so much? what’s wrong with marrying me?”

“Yifan hyung.. what are you doing here?”

His attention was diverted to Jongdae as he greet him.

“oh Dae..umm..it’s nothing” Yifan replied as he walk towards Jongdae. “let’s go to our class”.

“ok.. where Junmyeon?"

"he said don't miss him to much. he will be joining us for the afternoon class".

Yifan turned his head back to the music room one last time and smiled a little as he remembered that Dimple always dragged him into his conversation with his friend without him noticing it. Maybe he likes me or something. Yifan decided to talk to him if he had a chance and asked about his sadness (well, he just feel concerned about his people’s well being, he is this country’s crown prince after all right?)