chapter 3

the unexpected life

 

 

 

Yixing went home in the evening being welcomed by his mother who patiently waited for him at the front door with worries all over his face.

“why are you late today, Xing? His mother asked.

“ I had dance practice with Jongin, ma… I ‘m sorry that I didn’t tell you earlier.” He answered his mother’s question with a smile. He know that his mother was worried about his safety and he felt guilty because he didn’t told him beforehand.  Although he is already 22 years old, but his mother always pampered him like a kid. Yixing didn’t feel ackward or uncomfortable, yet he like it so much because he feel that he’s being loved (other people don’t have to know his true behaviour). His mother just nodded then led him to the kitchen.

“let’s eat dinner. Baba already wait for us at the kitchen”.

After they reach the kitchen, he saw his father was stirring something in the pot. Baekhyun let go of Yixing’s hand then he hugged his husband from the back. Yixing heard his father let a sigh of relief when his mother rest his head on his husband’s shoulder.

“Yeol, yixing are here. Are you done cooking? His mother asked

“Almost finsih, yeobo. I just wait for this to cook. After this we can eat. Now, go sit there with Xingxing first”, his father reply while turning his head to him.

His mother is a fulltime housewife while his father is a bank officer at one of the famous bank. Eventhough his father have a very hectic work schedule, he always spoils his husband and help him do house chores (in other words, Yixing rarely sees his mother doing houseworks).

“Xing..”, his father called out his name. when he saw his father looking at him with his open arms to give him a hug, Yixing instantly went to his father’s embrace while his mother still hugging him from behind.

“how’s your day, xing?” Chanyeol asked.

“it was fun, ba. But…” his father break the hug and stared at him.

“but….??” Chanyeol knew the ‘but’ from his son was a bad sign for him.

“I was forced to spend the money to treat Kyungsoo and Jongin for lunch.” Yixing complained.

Chanyeol just smiled after he heard his only son complained.

“don’t worry xing. Baba will give you money later.” Chanyeol said while he wiggled his eyebrows. Yixing smiled widely after that.

“but……”, suddenly Yixing’s smile disappeared.

 “but..??”, now his turn to feel nervous after he heard ‘but’ came out from his father’s mouth.

“but, after you help your mother do the house chores”, his father laughed teasingly right after he replied him. Yixing pouted cutely.

“nope. those pout won’t work on me this time.” His father added. Baekhyun just smiled and clapped his hands with his husband like they were celebrating their success on teasing their son.

“kumawo yeol because you give me a helper for a week.”, Baekhyun said.

Right after he heard what his mother said, now he realized that he must help his mother for a week.

“a week? Not for today? Just a day, ma jaeballllllllll~~~”, Yixing try to persuaded his mother.

“nope. a week, darling~~~”, his mother reply without any pity.

‘oh nooo I will be a cinderella for a week’, Yixing thought (yes, he’s the drama queen just like his mother).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing walked alone headed to the music room in his faculty. Kyungsoo can’t accompany him to the campus because he already make a plan with Jongin to go out on a date. He was walking while thinking about his fate for a week ahead.

“haaaaa..just great xing! You will be cinderella for a week”, he monologued. “but come to think of it, it’s not that bad actually. Who knows I might be marrying the prince after that.”he chuckled, thinking about his dream to marry the prince. Suddenly he stopped his walking when he realized about something. He can’t marry the prince. If he marry the prince, he have to live in the castle and barely can meet with his mother, father and Kyungsoo. The smile on his face now changed into frown and it made him feel more stressful at the thought of losing Kyungsoo by his side.

When he arrived at the music room, he went straight to the piano opposed to the windows then opened the lid of the piano. He sat in front of the piano while thinking about the song he was about to play that suited his emotions right now. After a few minutes passed while thinking about all the songs he knew, he then decided to play Alone. After he finished played the song, his emotions became worse. He felt like crying (don’t blame him for being moody and overthinking, this is all due to his hormone that he inherited from his mother). Then, he heard the music room’s  door opened when he almost about to cry. He turned his head to the direction of the door and saw Kyungsoo’s head popped out from the outside.

“hyung? Are you okay?”, Kyungsoo asked with concern. Kyungsoo knew that Yixing only play the piano according to his emotions. So, if he played a sad song just now, then he might as well feel sad too.

“Kyungiee~~~”, Yixing whined.

“I will be Cinderella for a week!!! Then I have to marry the prince. And also, mama, baba and you won’t be able to visit me at the castle. After that, I’ll die from loneliness. Why my life is so miserable?”, he let out his sadness to Kyungsoo.

The atmosphere in the music room turned to silence for a few seconds. Yixing averted his gaze towards Kyungsoo with the hope that Kyungsoo will understand his sadness but he received a shocked face instead. He heard Kyungsoo said, “are you stupid, hyung?”.

After that he saw kyungsoo’s face changed and heard him start laughing.

“here we go again. You and your old problem. Always mix things up between fantasy and reality.”, Kyungsoo continued his nagging after he laughed at Yixing.

“shut up Kyungsoo!! This is all you and Jongin’s fault.” He let out his dissatisfaction. If it weren’t because of them, he wouldn’t be a Cinderella.

“why it is our fault? What role did we play in your fantasy, hyung?” Kyungsoo asked with his amusing face. He really feel amused at Yixing’s habit for fantasising and always throw a tantrum about them.

“if I didn’t spend my money on both of you yesterday. I won’t asked baba for money again then I didn’t need to help mama with house chores. So, I won’t be Cinderella. Then I won’t be marrying the prince and live in the castle and be apart from mama and baba, and my life won’t be that sorrowful.” He explained in detail while wiping his tears.

Right after he heard Yixing’s long explaination, Kyungsoo laugh out loud again and wiped his own tears from falling because of different reasons from Yixing.

‘“Hyung~~~ don’t worry, it would not happen. There is no prince who will marry someone that can’t even differentiate between fantasy and reality.”, Kyungsoo convinced him while preventing himself from laughing.

After he heard what Kyungsoo just said, his face finally lit up and he almost can’t hear his friend scoffed at him.

“is it true? I won’t be separate from mama and baba?”, he asked with face full of hope.

“yup!! Don’t worry hyung. You can live with uncle baek and uncle yeol untiil they’re old”. The smile on Yixing’s face became wider after he heard Kyungsoo’s persuasion. Without their knowing, their conversation was heard by someone else who also smiled with Yixing’s behaviour.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

note:

sorry for the slow update. me and my friend are buzy right now with our study. thanks for all of you for reading this fic and patiently wait for the update. we want all of you know that we feel bad to left you hangging with this story for so long. we also can't promise we will update regularly. it's all depand on our time. hope all of you understand.