chapter 2

the unexpected life

Yifan stood at the hallway in confusion while he stared at the figure that getting far away from him. Then he smiled. ‘It is really something isn’t it? He bumped into the same person twice today’, he thought. Yes. He remembered that guy and his friend. The thing that he noticed was that the guy who didn’t even spare him a glance at all. That guy only apologized to him and went away like nothing happened. As if he didn’t know that he had bumped into a Crown Prince. That guy also treated him like he was an illusion or like the wind blow. it’s not like Yifan want to be treated as a prince but usually other people who bumped into him (or even having an eye contact with him), they will definitely show different reaction indicating that they have a heart punding moment. He can’t deny the fact that his appearance, tall body and a handsome face with thick eyebrows, can definitely make everyone at awed when they look at him. There are some of them even feel scared just by looking at his face. Yifan never concerned about other’s opinion before but he felt a little bit confused now because for the first time ever,he meet someone who didn’t pay any attention to him.

‘doesn’t he know who I am?”, yifan thought. “it ‘s impossible for students in this university who doen’t know Wu Yifan. Maybe he purposely bumped into me so that I am aware of his presence”, he continued while smiling.

 

“whose presence?”, the question that Junmyeon asked suddenly stop Yifan’s monologue. He then realized that he just speak his mind out unconciously.

“it ‘s nothing”, he avoided Junmyeon’s question. “where shall we eat? aren’t jongdae going to eat with us?”, he tried to change the topic and asked about his friend’s boyfriend instead.

“he went home early today because his evening class is cancel.”, Junmyeon replied.

“oh..ok”

 

They decided to have their lunch in the cafeteria because they were too lazy to drive out of the university.

Yifan and Junmyeon are friends since they were in the elementary school. With the status of a crown prince, Yifan did not have many friends around him but luckily he met Junmyeon and they become best friend. Junmyeon is the prime minister’s son thus they always meet in the formal occasion and they spend a lot of time together since they were little. When Yifan ‘s father told him to further his study at local university, Junmyeon didn’t hesitate to make same decision to accompany him. His father suggested him to study at local university after he told his father that he wanted to take acting course as his major. His father permitted him to do so but as a conditions, he need to take business course as his minor and study at the local university. ‘this will allow you to socialize with commoner’ his father said.

Yifan was very thankful that he have Junmyeon by his side. The days he spend in the university with the presence of Junmyeon and his boyfriend’s Jongdae become more bearable. Besides, Jongdae always teased his boyfriend and Yifan enjoy watching his friend’s blushing face. Junmyeon and Jongdae started dating since they’re in high school and untill now,  their love are still strong like a married couple. Sometimes Yifan feels envious of his friend’s love life because he haven’t found someone that will look at him the way Jongdae does to Junmyeon.

As they reached the café, it was too noisy and crowded. Yifan felt that his mood suddenly drop (the usual reaction of a crown prince who never been to a crowded place). Junmyeon noticed Yifan’s mood change and told him to find a table far away from the crowd, meanwhile he would go buy food for both of them. Yifan found a perfect place and while he waited for Junmyeon, he heard a conversation from table next to him.

“please…..yixing~~~, buy us food. I’ll treat you too later when I have money nae?”. Yifan saw the two of three guys from the table begging with puppy eyes.

“nooooo!!!!! My dad gave this money to buy whatever I like, not to treat both of you.”

When Yifan took a glance at the guy, now he realized that the guy are the one who bumped into him this morning and just a moment ago before he went to the café. “ohh..so his name is Yixing?”, he thought. He then heard Yixing continued.

“even if the crown prince of this country ask me to treat him, I won’t treat him. Neither do for both of you’, after Yifan heard what Yixing had said that relate him into the topic, it makes him want to hear more of the conversation (he knows well that eavesdropping others conversation is rude but he can not help it). He even noticed the dimple on Yixing’s right cheek. at that moment he decided to call Yixing as ‘dimple’. 'what a cute nickname', he thought.

“owww hyung~~~~~”

“please~~~~~, I will teach hyung the new dance later”, the tanned guy tried to convinced.

Suddenly Dimple’s reaction turned to excited.

“OK!!! DEAL!!!! Now go buy whatever you like”, Dimple said while grinning showing his deep dimple.

“yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!”, his friends shouted happily.

“so hyung, dancing is more important than our country’s crown prince huh?”, the owl-like-eyes guy asked.

“of course!!! The crown prince got nothing to do with me”, Dimple answered while grinning.

Yifan feel amused after he heard the conversation which unconciously dragged him into the topic of their conversation. He can’t hold himself from smiling.  Junmyeon came to their table after that and give him a weird look when he saw his friend smiled like a fool.

“jeezz...what’s gotten into you? Why are you smiling like that? You look so moody just now. “, Junmyeon asked. The question stopped him from smiling and now he realized that his mood change so easily after he heard Dimple and his friend’s conversation.

“nahhhh..nothing..”, Yifan avoided.

“all right..let’s eat..we have class later.”

They went to their class after they finished their meal. While they were walking at the halllway in the faculty to go to the acting class, Yifan stopped immediately to prevent himself from bumping into someone that running from opposite direction. “I’m so sorry. I already late for my class.”, the guy shouted without even stopped his running. Yifan just stood there dumbfounded before he turned his head to looked at the figure disappearing from his sight. After some time, he then realized that the guy was the same guy that he accidently bumped twice today (more precisely, the guy bumped into him). Yifan can’t control himself from smiling when he thought all the incidents that happened today. And again Junmyeon only throw a weird look at him.

“I won’t ask why are you smiling like an idiot”, Junmyeon said.

Yifan only grinned and showed his gummy smile when he heard his bestfriend’s comment.