chapter 1

the unexpected life

Yixing’s eyes fluttered open when he heard the alarm ring at 7 in the morning. “aarghh”, he grumbled. He turned off the alarm lazily and pulled away the blanket then dragged his feet to the bathroom. After he finished showering and dressed himself, he took his purple MCM bag and went to the kitchen for breakfast. His parents’s voice can be heard from the living room.

“Yeol…if I am a flower?”, his mother asked his father.

“I ‘ll be the beetle..”,his father answered.

Hearing his father reply, his mother smiled and asked more nonsense questions towards his father. “if  I‘m the moon?”

“I ‘ll be Neil Armstrong”

Suddenly his mother felt silent and pouted. “why would you be Neil Armstrong and not the sun?”, his mother continued to bickered childishly with his father.

“Neil Armstrong was the first man to land and stepped on the moon. Do you want to step on me?”

His father smiled and replied, “I don’t want to be the sun because the distance between the sun and the moon is 384 400km, I can’t bear to be away from you, baek..”. his mother smiled widely after hearing his father answer.

Yixing just smiled when he heard his parents’s conversation. Since his 22 years of living, he already used to see his parents’s cheesiness and weird behaviour. They rarely quarrelled (minus when his mother is sulking over something that he can’t have or not granted from his father) and he’s living his daily life full of his parents’s romantic conversation. He just bear with it because he already tired of telling his parents to restrained themselves in front of him.

When his mother noticed his presence at the doorway, he smiled even wider. “good morning dear”, Baekhyun greet his son. His father raised his head from the food and grinned showing his perfect white teeth towards Yixing. “good morning ma”, he greet back and sat opposite to his father.

“do you want baba to drop you to university, xing?”, Chanyeol asked his son.

Yixing thought for a moment while munching his bread. He was lost in his thought. His father waited patiently for him to answer because maybe he already used to his son daydreaming. Suddenly Yixing rememberd that he already make a promise with Kyungsoo to go to the class together.

“it’s ok baba. I already promised Kyungsoo to go to the class together”. His father only nodded his head.

“but….”, Yixing continued.     

“but?”, his father frowned his eyebrows.

“can I have some pocket money?”, he asked and wiggled his eyebrows.

“emm..pocket money huh? But what will baba get by giving you money?”

Yixing pouted and glanced at his mother to ask for some help. His mother looked at him back and put on a smile while leaning towards his husband.

Yixing smiled because he knew that if his mother is on his side, he definitely can persuade his father because his mother is his father’s weakness. And he is his mother’s weakness. “I’ll surely get my money.”, Yixing thought.

“honey…just give our yixing some pocket money.. I ‘ll make him do the chores later.”

The smile on his face faded and turn into shock face instead after he heard his mother suggestion. He is too lazy to help his mother do the household chores because his mother is too picky about cleaning and never accept his way of doing the chores. However, he put on his smile back when he saw his father give him some cash.

“you always spoil him too much”, yixing heard his father complained.

“he is our only son, honey. Who am i supposed to spoil then?” his mother said and grinned.

Just before his father about to answered back, the door bell ring.

“that must be Kyungsoo, xing. palliii..finish your breakfast and go to your campus.”

Yixing gulped his orange juice hurriedly then he went to his mother and kissed his cheeks. He did the same to his father and thanked his father for the money. His father nodded and caressed his head.

Baekhyun follow his son to the front door to greet his son’s childhood bestfriend. Yixing and Kyungsoo become friends since they were in the kindergarten and their friendships continue untill they further their study at the same university. Even though Kyungsoo took music course and he took dance course, but they always spend most of their time together. Furthermore, kyungsoo’s boyfriend also took the same course as him. So, they always spend time together.

“good morning, kyungie~~~”, his mother greet Kyungsoo a little bit too friendly to his taste. Yixing just rool his eyes at his mother.

“good morning, uncle Baekhyun”, Kyungsoo replied with his blank face.

“study well nae. And please take care of my cute son”, his mother said.

“mama..i ‘m already grown up. I can take care of myself. Besides, it’s not going to be long.  I‘ll come home in the evening.”

“my baby already grown up, he didn’t want me to worry about him anymore..sob sob…”, his mother make a sad face and wiped his fake tears. Yixing already used to his mother over dramatic reaction. Yet, he is not willing to hurt his mother feeling.

He just sighed and hugged his mother after that. “don’t worry mama.. I’ll be back soon. Before you even realise it, i will be by your side”, he said to comfort his mother.

After he released the hug, his mother smile again. Sometimes Yixing wonder if his mother have a split personality because just a moment ago, he was sad and now he is smiling widely like nothing happen. How can his emotion change so easily? Well..maybe only his father know the answer for that question.

“ok baby”

“bye mama”

“bye xing”

 

 

“sorry kyungsoo..my mom always worried about something unnecessary”, he start their conversation while they’re on their way to the university.

“it’s ok.. I understand. Of course he’s worried about you.. who knows maybe someone will kidnap his cute, one and only son here.” , Kyungsoo laughed after he said that.

He smacked the back of Kyungsoo’s head with book that he’s been holding. He wonder how can he be friend with Kyungsoo because their personality are totally different. Way too different. Kyungsoo is all serious and he himself is someone that always daydreaming and can’t even pay attention on something. However he always feel comfortable around Kyungsoo. They share something in common that is, they always ignore about people around them. That’s what make them closer. And Yixing thought that they doesn’t need anyone else in their friendship. He only need Kyungsoo as his friend.

“YAHHH!!!! That’s hurt…” kyungsoo whimpered.

“serve you right!!! Stop talking nonsense” Yixing replied

“what nonsense? It’s true. Your mom thinks you are the cutest one ever in this whole world.” Kyungsoo said and smirked.

Yixing and Kyungsoo continue to argued and care less about their surrounding.

THUDDD

“owwww..” kyungsoo groaned.

Yixing and Kyungsoo bumped into someone in front of them. Kyungsoo and the man fall on their , while Yixing didn’t fall even though he also bumped into that man’s body that is as hard as rock but he only showing his shock face instead. After awile, he snap out of his shock and help Kyungsoo to get up and apologized to the man but not bother to look at the man because he is too worried about Kyungsoo. Both of them just leave that place after that.

 

“are you okay? You should have watch where you’re going.”, he start nagging about their clumsiness just now.

“I’m okay..it’s your fault too.. it’s not like I’m the only one who bumped into that guy.”, Kyungsoo snapped back.

Yixing just smiled. It ‘s true indeed. They finally arrive at their campus and go to their class as usual.

 

“I’m sooo hungry….”, Yixing whined.

“today I’m going to fill my stomach with lots of  food. Luckily my dad had give me my pocket money this morning.”, he continued.

“your dad gave you pocket money?” , suddently he saw Kyungsoo’s eyes sparkling.

“buy me some food, hyung~~~”, Kyungsoo said while they’re on their way to the café.

“why should I ? Go ask your boyfriend instead”, Yixing tried to avoid.

As if he knew he is the one they taked about, Jongin suddenly appeared from behind and put his hand around Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“hyung~~~~ what should we eat today?”, Jongin asked Kyungsoo.

“shut up Jongin!! I’m trying to ask Yixing to buy us food today.”, Yixing heard Kyungsoo scold jongin and used this chance to escape.

“I won’t spend my money on both of you..see you guys at cafe”, he said and sticked his tongue out to the couple then dashed to the café. But before he reach the café, his head bumped into something hard that feels so familiar.

“ouchhhhhh.. I ‘m so sorry..”, he apologized and continue to run without even care about the gaze from the guy whom he bumped into. He have the habit of ignoring people that got nothing to do with his life. But he never forget good manner and ethics that his mother had taught him.

 

 

 

 

 

author note

i'm not an english speaker, pardon me with all grammer or spelling mistake. first chapter is out, feel free to comment but please go easy on me. this is my first story ever in my life. i stiil need a lot more guidance to be a better writer. i also want to thanks my bestfriend acexiaolu for translated this fic for me (originally in bm), i love u to the moon and back. once again, sorry with all the mistake. spelling is the worse nightmare for me. + grammer too. ^-^