The Night Before

The World They Create Together

Byul

In another time, this scene may be comedic. All the occupants in the room except for Wang Mu, Wang So and Hae Soo were frozen. Frozen in shock, some with their mouth hanging open, those who had been standing had slump back against the wall in shock. All of them just processing the information that they were given. Silently observing the people around them while drinking cups of some strength-gaining tea were the couple, whose secret was the cause of this entire scenario.

"Soo-ya, Hyungnim, daughter?"

"Noonim have a daughter?"

"Agasshi gave birth when she was almost 14 in secret?"

"Myung Hee Noona never knew?"

"There is a princess in Songak right now."

"Jin has gone to guard her. You want me, this Heok, to be in charge of her education till she can be officially recognized?"

"Your daughter has the same name as Seol-halmoni that's why Uncle Hui initially helped you?"

"Soo, this is your second pregnancy, you are having twins."

"The reason Hae Soo's health declined in the past was because of her pregnancy."

"Is what the Crown Prince saying true? Soo-ya, you were out in the rain. Your body…"

"Don't worry 10th prince. I covered Agasshi well. But Princess Seol, she was that child held hostage at the bandits?"

"That's why Hyung lost his temper. Those scoundrels how dare they touch our niece. If I knew, I would have beaten them black and blue."

"What about her injuries? Is our Seol alright? Those bandits, they did not harm her?"

"Hwangjanim, why did you not inform us that night? We would have never left that place without personally making sure that the Princess was alright and in hiding."

"Yong, if we were absent, the others in the palace will suspect something. But if the princess will be entering the palace soon, then what about her security?"

"It does not matter the exact details. Hwangjanim, Lady Soo, do not worry, all five of us including Jin will make sure that your children are safe. Lady Soo, I am sorry but we will be increasing the security around you."

"That's when she gets here. Noonim, when can we meet her? Where is her room?"

"So-hyungnim, if you need a disguise just ask me, and I can go with you as we pick up the princess."

"Orabeoni, Soo Agasshi, have you gotten a room ready for our niece?"

"Toys, Soo-ya, does she have any toys yet? If not I can get a lot of them for you. Don't worry about that."

"Everyone, thank you for your kindness." Lady Soo starts to speak and the room's volume decreases a little. "We are going to bring her home tomorrow afternoon. Her room is one right next to mine, across from the prince's. You are welcome to decorate it if you wish to."

That was all the invitation needed as the princess's uncles and aunts exit the room to get her room ready for her. The royal guards in the room quickly left to return to their post before they were missed. The Crown Prince also left as he had a matter to attend in court, the first day after his return. In a short while, the royal couple was left alone.

Rather than stay in that room, they went towards their personal calligraphy room, the room closest to the palace wall and where they both could simply cuddle as they stare out of the window. It will not be long. Just another night of restless sleep than they will be able to meet their daughter. For the first time as her parents. Soo longs to hold her in her arms, to apologize to her for leaving her alone when she was so young. So just wants to be able to call Seol, his daughter and hug her as he wished to do for so long. They will find out how Seol, their daughter from their past life, is here tomorrow, but the details did not matter. All that mattered was this chance for them to be a family.

Jin

It was just two days but he had gained a new respect for those parents or caretakers of young children. According to the voice of experience from the other mothers at this residence, Seol was a lovely girl but that was what they wish to see. They were blind completely by her cute appearance, they did not know just how much trouble she could get in. A single trip to the market ends up with them fleeing from a shop while being chased.

Then when they had arrived back, they received the news that the princess's parents will be picking her up tomorrow. The excitement and joy was evident for the young royal. Then he had been dragged into the room and had been made to offer opinions of various hanboks. Cuts and materials, those kind of things went over his head, but he still replied as truthful as he could be as the princess held multiple items of clothing up and shows it to him.

When he had asked why such a huge fuss over meeting her own parents, the princess simply told him that she had not seen her parents in what seemed like a lifetime before holding up another pink hanbok up for inspection. In his opinion, the princess had too many pink hanboks that it was hard for him to tell apart. But at least the princess was in one place and not moving around too much so he had no problem with it. Even when the princess kept on changing her mind about her selections till it was time to eat.

He had thought that the meal will be once again filled with chatter of the little lady like it was the night before but it was silent. The princess just simply eating her meal and afterwards she silently have him brush her hair.

"Jin, will Eomoni like me?" That small whisper was just a surprise. How can the princess think that her mother will not like her?

"Why are you asking that, Agasshi? Lady Soo already loves you."

"Even if I am clumsy? Not lady-like?" His hand stops brushing the princess's hair for a moment before continuing. The princess must be nervous, that was all. She was kidnapped from her previous home after all and had just recently seen her father, that too in a state of panic. Resuming his task of brushing the ends of the princess's hair, he hopes he can comfort the princess.

"I already know that both your mother and father loves you dearly. Even if I did not understand why at that time, your father held you in his arms, wrapped you up in blankets and did not let go of you till he had to. Lady Soo was silently crying on our way back to the palace that day and she constantly look back in the direction of this house. Besides I have personally witness your mother tripping over roots and your father rescuing her from a fall. I do not think there is anything that your mother or father will not like about you."

He said this in what he hopes is a very convincing tone. It must have worked for the princess's back relaxed and her regular chatter starts once again. When she meets her parents tomorrow, he is sure that all of the princess's worries will be laid to rest.