First Letter

The World They Create Together

Hae Soo

Stares followed them. But it was something that Soo/Ha Jin totally understood. If she was one of the bystanders, she would have been stare as well. Even the diverse community of Soeul did not witness man with long hairs often, even if that long hair was pulled into a bun at the back held together by long silver chopsticks. Especially a man that was so handsome.

Perhaps the clothes that she had picked out for him added to it. On top of comfortably fitted black slacks, Wang So was wearing a plain black t-shirt under a black and silver jacket. Paired that with combat black boots, the king was dressed in a fashion cross between casual and bad-boy gangster. Then those people who could see his face will notice the eyeliner and the scar that was partially hidden by his bangs. Now those people were sure that this man was a gangster. It did not help that his aura of command did not completely diminish no matter how much he tried.

Maybe her outfit of black and red was not helping the perception of gangster-couple. Lace dress with long socks. Long socks may be weird, but she did not want another argument because she was showing off her legs. The lace sleeves was already something that the king was unhappy about. Seriously, ladies should not be showing skin, not to mention his overprotectiveness. Pairing her outfit with black pumps, maybe they did look like gangsters. But she did not care about people's perception as much. Nor did she want to spend time thinking about that, when both of them had a bigger problem on their minds.

It was just as she had finally convinced the king that what she was wearing was normal in her time, that no one really care about scars as much. That rather if there was stares, it will be because of his attractiveness that will result in the looks. The fact that the prince can never think of himself as beautiful was an ongoing battle that she did not know when she will be convince him that he was not ugly. She already had to calm him down when he saw the modern bathroom and shower, not to mention persuade him into modern clothes, so she was hoping that finally they could go out together.

Hand in hand, they were walking around the room, trying to find a way to get out, that a sudden clang made them stop in their path. Turning slowly towards where the sound had came from, which was the wall that had a mattress in front of it. So had moved in front of her, with her body behind him, and he was in a defensive position, his entire body on high alert. But when the king saw that there was no attacker, he had grabbed her hand and both of them had slowly approached the wall that had the mattress close to it, where the sound came from. There on the supposed empty wall was now a door and on top of the door, a holded letter was pinned to it. The king had made Soo stay right where she was before going to get the letter off the wooden door.

When he came back to her side, the king, who never seemed to learn about not treating her like a luggage, had now pulled her along to the bed, made her sit down before sitting down besides her. She couldn't help the quick lookover she gave with him dress in all black but this time in modern style. She will never understand the rumours of being ugly that she heard in Songak, if only the people actually look at him properly in the face. She felt her hand being taken into his hands, so she moved her eyes to look directly at him.

"Soo-ya. Gwaenchanh-a? Your body is it well, what about your legs, is your knees hurting you?"

"Yes, I am fine. It seems like I am back in my body from when we met, isn't it the same for you, Your Majesty?"

"Ohho, I told you not to call me that. Kure, it looks like my body is also back in my younger self. Soo-ya, promise me that you won't leave me again, that you will stay by side. I already lost you because of my greed, the nation and so many more. I hurt you, I did not trust you. I regret those words every single day from then till I died. I do not want to lose you again. Whatever chance this is I want to only spend it with you. Only with you, Soo-ya."

"Omo, is that a proposal? You gotten better at persuasion while I was gone."

"You don't want to be with me?" His pouting face made him look like he was a five-year old.

"Of course, I want to be with you. But before I say yes, bring me a present. No, a ring. Not a hairpin but a wedding ring."

"A wedding ring? As always, dealing with you need more work than the government."

"Your High….I meant So-nim is the one that chased after my heart, you have to be ready to deal with the consequences, or are you running away?"

"Why would I run? I can't live without you so why would I try. But, first let's read this letter before deciding on what we will do next. I promised to take you out and I will, but first I need to know that we are safe, and how we got here." With that the king slowly opened the letter, which was written in hanja, and Soo put her head on his shoulder so she could read the letter together.

The letter simply stated the following:

Emperor Gwangjong/Wang So and Go Ha Jin/Hae Soo,

For reasons too long to explain, you have been granted a chance to start over. Before diverging into the main mission, you both have to accomplish as a payment for this chance, you are given today to rest and enjoy your time together. Do not worry you will not be separated from each other by fate again, rather fate have brought the two of you together.

Beyond the door, you will enter Soeul of 2016. Enjoy your time together, and you have been given one unlimited card to shop for things. Remember to get the groceries, as you will have to cook for yourself for the next two days, or go out to eat. If you need to deliver, this place has the same address as Ha Jin's apartment. Also as another gift, you both can choose an item together which you can carry on with you through your mission, as long as it is not something that have an impact on historical events.

That was the letter. No hint of sender in sight. But Soo was at least glad that they were somehow connected to a place that she knew and always had wanted to show the king. Sure, the king was worried but she knew how to reassure him. Now they were walking the streets of Soeul hand in hand, but both of them still thinking hard not enjoying their time at all. Now it was time for her to do something.

"Oppa"

"Huh? Oppa? Who's that?"

"Seriously you don't know this."

"Wei? Should I?"

"Never mind. I will just call you So-nim or So-ssi. Then, So-nim, please stop making that face."

"What face?"

"Your frown face. Stop thinking so much for now, and let's enjoy this time together. There are lots of things that I want to do with you."

"Lots of things? What's that?"

"You don't have to know. You just have to follow me, and don't lose that wallet no matter what."

"Lose a wallet? Just whom are you talking to?"

"To Wang So-nim, the person I love."

"Kure, that's me. You are all mine and only mine."

"Well, if that is so, then you are all mine too. Now come, let's eat first. There is a really good restaurant nearby, I know that they have the best traditional Korean food, it is better than the food at the palace."

"Better than the palace, really? Show me."

Sure she had lots of worries, but in that moment, dragging her lover by his hand, for a change of pace, Go Ha Jin/Hae Soo realized how lucky she was. No matter what the price will be her dying wish had been granted and she now had the chance to be with him again.