Two Eclipses

The World They Create Together

Wang So

The moment you know that you are leaving this world, how you react depends on you. For the fourth king of Goryeo, Gwangjong, he greeted it with a sigh of relief. He had lived like a lifeless dead being for over 20 years, now he will finally get to rest. He became the king that his nation had needed and had improved the lives of his citizens. He had killed those who needed to killed for treason, and gave the nation the royal family that it wanted. His name was praised all over the nation as a wise and powerful emperor. But he will trade all these so-called achievements for just another moment, another chance to be with his heart and soul. Hae Soo. Hae Soo. The face that he never forgot, that appears in his mind every single time he closed his eyes or looked up to the sky and saw the stars. If there was a wish that could be specially granted to a king, all Wang So wished was to hold his Soo in his arms again. In the sky, an eclipse was happening, as the king closed his eyes for the last time, dying after uttering the name of his beloved lover.

Hae Soo

She was drowning once again. All she could see were flashes. Putting makeup on Unni, fighting with the Eunie-nim, drinking with Baek Ah-nim, rescuing Jungie-nim, the 2nd King's smile, the moment 8th prince turn his back on her in the rain, the invasion at Damiwon, Chae Ryung' betrayal, Oh sanggung in the cave. Then right in between these flashes, she saw the flashes of her Prince. Wang So, her wolf prince, his amused smirk when she talked back, his puzzled face by her behaviour, his confident smug face when facing opponents, his carefree smile during the boat ride, his face when arguing with her, his face begging for her permission for a kiss, and many many more. As she felt herself falling deeper and deeper into darkness, she realized how much she actually loved him and still love him and probably will go on loving him for eternity. And how much she wants to see him, be in the same room as him and actually see him smile and laugh, be held in his embrace again. As she felt herself fading, all she could see was the big smile on Prince Wang So's face, when he saw his hairpin in her hair for the first time.