Eleven

Guilty Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let it all out.” Baekhyun reached out his hand to get the car key from the driver’s seat and then turned his back on Jangmi, still crouching down. He waited until her sobbing died down before saying, “Hop on. You’ve injured your ankle, right?”

Jangmi was too tired to argue or decline his offer or ask how he knew about her injury, so she weakly threw herself on his back, looping her arms around his neck. Heat rose to her cheeks the moment she could smell his sweet cologne and faintly the vanilla scent of his shampoo. She realized that this was the closest they’d ever been to each other.

“Hold on tight,” Baekhyun said. Standing, he lifted her up, hooking his arms under her legs.

The comfort from Baekhyun’s presence was so great that Jangmi barely remembered the nightmare she had. It’s as if the weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Everything that she’d been through today felt like it’d happened days ago. All she could feel right now was relief.

Baekhyun didn’t say anything as he walked into the hotel and Jangmi didn’t make any attempt to start a conversation either. The walk back to the penthouse was a comfortable silence, so she didn’t feel the need to begin a talk.

Since Baekhyun’s hands were preoccupied with Jangmi’s legs, she helped him open the door to their penthouse with her key card. Inside, everyone was already waiting for them on the living area. As they stepped in, Junmyeon, Jongin, and Chanyeol got up from their seats on the couch and approached them. Their faces looked ragged and incredibly exhausted. Jongin was the worst between the three of them. His clothes were severely tattered and tinted with his blood. He had some serious wounds and bruises all around his body. What made her even more worried was that he’s limping.

“Jongin!” Jangmi shrieked in horror. She was used to seeing Jongin bruised all over because his job required him to fight a lot, but she had never seen him this battered.

“Thank God, you’re okay, Jangmi.” Jongin limped as he made his way to her, holding a first aid kit in his hands. She noticed his right leg was injured and bleeding. “Baekhyun,” Jongin gave the first aid kit to Jangmi, “you should treat her ankle first before the swelling gets worse. I looked around and it seems there’s only one first aid kit in this penthouse.”

Jangmi almost scoffed at Jongin’s words because she found him being ridiculous. Anyone could see that he’s the one who needed treatment more than her. She strongly opposed, stretching out her hand to give the first aid kit back to him, “No, Jongin. You need to treat your injuries first.”

Grinning brightly, though Jangmi saw he slightly wince as the smile widened, Jongin waved his hand. “It’s nothing. I’m totally fine. It’s not as painful as it looks like.” Of course, she knew he was lying. There’s no way those serious wounds wouldn’t hurt.

Baekhyun sighed in defeat. “Well, if you insist. I’ll give it back to you as soon as possible.”

“I volunteer to treat Jongin’s wounds!” Chanyeol excitedly added while raising his hand. “And I’ll sleep with Jongin for tonight!”

“Finally, I’ll sleep in peace,” Junmyeon said.

Jongin didn’t seem to like the idea. “Junmyeon, can you treat my wounds instead? He’ll kill me!”

“No, I’m going to sleep. We’ll discuss today’s disaster tomorrow morning. Let’s call it a day. Good night.” Junmyeon stretched his arms high overhead and yawned, heading to his room.

“Stingy Junmyeon!” Jongin shouted.

“You’re horrible, Jongin! I’m not going to kill you!” Chanyeol retorted while pouting.

Baekhyun shook his head, walking to Jangmi’s room. “What are they? Elementary school kids?”

Jangmi giggled. “At least they’re acting like how they usually are. It’s nice to see they’re still lively despite all the tensions.”

Jangmi helped him opening and closing the door. Baekhyun gently dropped her on her bed and kneeled down next to her, taking the first aid kit from her hand. He grabbed a bandage and started wrapping it around her ankle. Maybe because she was too worn out, her ankle didn’t feel as hurt. She thanked him when he’s done.

“That should do it. Try not walking around too much.” Baekhyun picked up the first aid kit and exited the room, assumedly giving it back to Jongin. Meanwhile, Jangmi tucked herself under the blanket, ready to sleep.

Seconds later, Baekhyun was back in her room, looking irritated as he climbed the bed to join her. “Ugh. That room is so noisy.”

As usual, Jangmi reached out her hand under the blanket to hold his. “I can imagine. I doubt they would be able to sleep.”

Instead taking her hand in his, Baekhyun rolled around to face her and stretched out his hands. “Come here.”

Blushing uncontrollably, Jangmi turned her back on him in attempt to hide her red cheeks and moved closer towards him. He then wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on her shoulder. His breath tickled her neck and the warmth of his body enveloped her, making her face even hotter. She hadn’t expected him to hug her while sleeping.

“This is better, right?” Baekhyun asked in a gentle voice.

Jangmi’s heart was pounding so loud she was worried Baekhyun would hear it. “Yeah,” she answered sheepishly.

“Let’s sleep.”

How could you expect me to sleep if you hug me like this? Jangmi thought. Despite that, she ended up falling asleep, anyway, because nothing could make her comfortable more than this.

 

Nightmare didn’t haunt Jangmi that night and she woke up feeling better than ever. She almost screamed as Baekhyun’s sleeping face greeted her the moment she opened her eyes. And then she remembered what had happened last night. She must have rolled around while sleeping, because she’d fallen asleep with her back on him. Even so, his arms were still tightly wrapped around her waist.

Have I been cuddling with him the whole time while sleeping? Realizing the fact, she became deeply embarrassed.

Although this was not the first time they slept on the same bed, it’s the first time for Jangmi to wake up with Baekhyun still sleeping next to her. She found herself staring at his face – his eyelashes that were longer than she thought, the pretty shape of his nose, and his thin beautiful lips. His lips. A rosy blush flushed her cheeks as her gaze fell on his lips.

“Morning.” Baekhyun opened his eyes, meeting her gaze.

Jangmi shyly looked away, but ended up looking at him again. “Good morning.”

“No nightmares?”

“No nightmares.”

“Good.” His lips curled into the faintest smile. And a thought crossed her mind that it would be nice to wake up to his smile every single day.

Indistinctly, Jangmi could hear voices from outside of her room. The others must have woken up moments ago. She was always impressed by how early these agents woke up in the morning. As a morning person, she automatically woke up before seven every morning, but never once did she wake up earlier than them, except for today. It’s indeed peculiar and good at the same time that Baekhyun actually had enough sleep, because usually he didn’t sleep much and it made her worried.

“We should probably join them for breakfast.” Baekhyun pulled Jangmi back to reality. “And I can’t get up unless you get up first.” He glanced at his hand which was tucked beneath her waist.

Abashed, Jangmi immediately sat up on the bed. “I’m sorry!”

Smirking slightly, Baekhyun got off her bed and headed to the door, stopping just before turning the handle to face her. “No need to get all flustered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter