Chapter 15

Beyond The Camera's Lens

"Ah!"

FLASH!

"Sunny!"

A loud groan was heard from the man. He tumbled backwards while covering his face. Sunny's eyes opened wide. 'Huh?'

The old man took his hands off his face and stood up straight. He went back to blankly stare at the two girls. 

"Sun-"

"Ahhhhh!"

In a blink of an eye the man was in front of Sunny with his arms stretched foreward.

FLASH! FLASH!

Everything went silent. 

When Sunny opened her eyes, the man was gone. What was left of him was  a small blue ball of fire. It was floating in front of them then It quickly moved towards the camera in Sunny's hands and vanished. She felt the camera shake a bit then stop. She looked to Taeyeon with fear on her face. "T-Taeyeon-ah."

"I-I know." She paused. "What just happened?"

"I don't know." She took a deep breath to calm herself. "What did the book say about the camera again?"

Taeyeon bent down to pick up the book. She dusted it off with her hand and opened it. "It says it can capture ghosts."

"..."

"What should we do with it?"

"Lets go back to the room and observe it closely with more light. And maybe find out a bit more about it too." 

"Okay."

Sunny opened the small door to the hallway with Taeyeon in tow. They quickly made their way to the library without running into Pong.

"That's odd. I didn't feel anything bad when coming here." Sunny said closing the door.

"Me neither. It's like she disappeared out of thin air." 

They walked to the bookshelf in the back and jumped into the room. The two danshins were surprised when they saw six pairs of eyes starring at them.

Yoona pointed a finger towards the girls. "Yah! It's Sunny and Taeyeon!"

"And they're alive!" Sooyoung continued. She recieved a hit to the head by Hyoyeon. "Ow. Geez."

"Where were yoy guys." Jessica said standing up.

"Where were we?" Taeyeon said. "Where were YOU!"

"Yeah. Why did you guys leave us? We waited hours for you guys." Sunny said moving to the table to sit down.

"We ran into a bit of trouble when you were sleeping."

Sunny turned her body to face Jessica. Tiffany was standing right beside her. "What kind of trouble?"

"Pong trouble."

"What... Happened?"

"She captured all of us and put us underground in a shed. It's in the garden. Nothing bad happened to us. Except-"

"Did any of you happen to see a girl? She's tall. Has long brown hair. And she's young. We're worried about her."

Tiffany looked at Sunny with a sad look. "We've seen her. Seohyun right?" She received a nod. "Pong has her. We're sorry."

Sunny's head fell. Taeyeon did the same thing. Then she spoke. "How'd you guys get out from underground?"

"Seohyun saved us." Jessica said. "I need to tell you guys something."

The danshins lifted their heads.

Jessica's eyes turned serious. "Pong is planning something big. Really big. But before she starts, she wants you two dead."

"Dead?" Sunny and Taeyeon said in unison. "Why?"

"I'm not sure. I think she thinks you guys are a threat to her. I don't why. I thinks she's blind and can't see you guys can't really do anything."

"Hey!" Sunny said hurt.

"Blind." Taeyeon said to herself. "Sooyoung."

The tall brunette looked up at Taeyeon.

"Why were you wearing sunglasses in the dark?"

"Huh? I wasn't wearing sunglasses. My clone was."

"Clone?"

"Oh right. I forgot to tell you. Pong created clones of all six of us. I think you can tell who's the real and fake. Hopefully."

'So that was the strange feeling i had when they were walking behind Pong.' Sunny thought to herself. She then remembered the camera in her hands. "Jessica."

"What?"

"Can you read Japanese?"

Sooyoung straightened her back.

"I can't read it. Why?"

"I can! I can read Japanese!" Sooyoung floated to Sunny. 

The shorter of the two looked at her weirdly. "Um. Are you sure you can read Japanese?" Sunny wasn't too convinced by Sooyoung. Especially because of the way she acts.

"Of course! I speak it fluently too! Is there writing on that camera? Let me see." Sooyoung reached for the camera but Sunny pulled it away.

"I don't think you should touch it. It captures ghosts."

"Where'd you hear that from?" Jessica said with her arms crossed. Sunny nodded to Taeyeon. She brought the book to the table and laid it down with the book open. The six girls crowded the table. 

"Are you sure it captures ghosts? It looks like a regular camera." Yuri said floating above the table. Everyone read the writing and backed away.

"Does it actually work?" Hyoyeon asked.

"It does." Sunny responded. "We got an old guy in the basement before coming here. But i want to know what it says on this camera."

"And i said i can read it!" Sooyoung yelled. Sunny turned to Jessica looking for an answer.

"She can read Japanese. And she's fluent in speaking it too. Yeah, i know it's hard to believe right?" Sunny nodded. "I was shocked too."

"NOW can i see it?"

"Yeah. I'll hold it up for you."

While Sunny held up the camera for Sooyoung, Taeyeon went over to the YoonYul couple, Hyoyeon and Jessica. Tiffany stood next to Sunny so she wouldn't be alone with Sooyoung.

Jessica saw Taeyeon coming.

"Can i talk to you for a moment?" Taeyeon asked.

Jessica nodded. The two went into a corner of the room where no one would hear them.

"There's something i wanted to ask." Taeyeon said.

"Go ahead."

"Why is Seohyun with Pong and you guys are here? I thought she helped you guys escape."

"She WAS with us. But Pong tried to pick a fight with us. Our clones tackled us and she grabbed Seohyun. We tried saving her. We really did. Then she used her voodoo stuff and disappeared."

"I believe you. Thanks for trying." Taeyeon gave a small smile then frowned. *Sigh* 

Jessica closed her eyes. Then she remembered something. 'We're gonna be their cupids?' 'Exactly!' She sighed. 'I forgot about that.' She glanced at Taeyeon and saw her looking at Sunny with longing in her eyes. But she also saw worry. She guessed the worried part was for Seohyun. Jessica nudged her arm.

"Hm?"

"You like her don't you?"

Taeyeon started turning red. "W-What do you mean?"

"I see the look in your eyes when you look at her. Want. Love. Protection. Happiness... Even sadness." The shorter of the two kept quiet. Jessica continued. "To tell you the truth i was in a situation like yours too. With Tiffany. First it was happiness. Next it was want. After that was protection. The very last is actually two at the same time. Love and sadness. Do you understand the last one?"

"I do."

"And that's what you're feeling right now isn't it." Taeyeon nodded. Jessica smiled. 

"You know what i think danshin?" Taeyeon shook her head. "I think she's going through the same thing you're going through."

"Who? Sunny? For who?"

"Y.O.U."

"Me? That's impossible."

"Blindness."

"What?"

"Blindness. It's another thing you go through when your in love. Your blind right now. So let me try to clear your vision." Taeyeon looked up at Jessica. "Don't let Sunny get away. Don't think the negative. Just go for it. You won't find someone like her anywhere else in this world. Not even the dead world."

Taeyeon stayed quiet and thought to herself. 'Just go for it. There's only one sun out there for me. And that's Sunny.' Taeyeon smiles dorkily to herslef.

'Hm. My work here is done.' Jessica closed her eyes and smiled. She was getting sleepy. She reopened her eyes and saw Tiffany smiling at her, giving her the -Did you talk to her about you know who?- look. Jessica winked at her and nodded. The girl closed her eyes again.

"Thank you. Again." She heard the girl next to her say.

"No problem. But here's some advice. Take things slowly. Not too slow but slow enough for the both of you. You don't just wanna come out and make things awkward. Trust me. I've been there."

Taeyeon laughed. "Thanks."

"No problem."

"I got it!" Sooyoung yelled. Everyone went back to the table. "It says... Made in Japan."

No one spoke.

Sooyoung started laughing. "I'm just kidding." 

"Yah!" Everyone else in the room yelled. Hyoyeon punched Sooyoung's head.

"Aish. Okay, okay. Sorry. I'll tell you what it actually says. Ahem. Ahem hem hem. Ahem. Ahhhh-"

"Hurry up!" Jessica yelled. She gace Sooyoung her death glare.

"Wakata. Baka Sica." Sooyoung muttered.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Okay. The camera says, 'The dead. Touch me but don't get caught by me. Find the truth.' There. That's what it says."

"I don't understand." Sunny said.

The group silently thought to themselves. A lightbulb then in Hyoyeon's head. "Why don't we touch it. All of us ghosts and you two too."

"Is that a good idea? Sounds dangerous. Not for Taeyeon and i but for you guys."

"Lets do it." Jessica said.

"Jessi are you sure?" Tiffany asked.

"I'm sure. Are you guys in or not?"

The girls looked to one another and nodded. "Yeah." They said in unison.

Jessica turned to Sunny and Taeyeon. "How 'bout you two?" 

"We'll do it."

"On three we all touch the camera."

One

Two

Three

A bright flash engulfed the girls when they grabbed onto the the camera. Then everything became dark. 

Sunny and Taeyeon opened their eyes. They were still in the small room but it felt different somehow. None of the other girls were there either. And everything was in black and white.

"Sunny-ah. What just happened? Where's everyone else? And our stuff?"

"I don't know. I have a weird feeling about this place. Don't you feel it?"

"Yeah."

Suddenly the door on the ceiling slammed opened. Jessica and the rest jumped down.

"Hurry! Come in here and close the door before they find us!" Jessica whispered and yelled at the same time. 

"Jessica? What's going on?" Taeyeon asked. Jessica didn't seem to hear her. "Jessica?" Taeyeon waves her hands in front of the her. It didn't seem like she saw the shorter girl. 

Tiffany ran to Jessica with tears in her eyes. "Jessi. I don't want us to get hurt. Why do they want your body for the ritual? They're gonna kill you!" Jessica hugged Tiffany's waist  trying to calm her down. 

"I know, i know. But you have to be quiet first."

The rest of the girls had fear plastered on their faces.

"W-What are we gonna do?" Sooyoung asked with a shaky voice.

"What if they find us?" Yoona said.

"We need to find something to protect us." Yuri said looking under the bed for her sword. "Here it is."

Sunny and Taeyeon looked to one another. 

"Taeyeon-ah. I think. We're in the-"

Before she could finish her sentence the door on the ceiling broke open. Three guys and one girl jumped in.

"Stay back!" Yuri pointed her sword to them.

The girl nodded to the three men. They grabbed two girls and walked out the room. Jessica tried to block the guy  from grabbing Tiffany but failed. 

"Jessi!"

Sooyoung punched the guy who was trying to get Hyoyeon and ended up getting slapped.

Yuri swung her sword at the guy grabbing her and got his  leg. But he was too strong for her to beat. She endes up being puched to the face and unconscious. Yoona had tears running down her face. "Yuri!"

Sunny and Taeyeon panicked. They ran out of the room and followed the three guys. "Wait!" 


I'd just like to thank everyone who's reading or re-reading my stories. Some of you messaged me and you guys are so sweet and nice. There is only a couple of more chapters left of this story so thank you guys again! :)