[FINAL] 5 years After College

Cool Hot Sweet L.O.V.E. (1.5) - A spin off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene woke up with a start at the ring tone of her handphone. She glanced at the clock (4.32 am) before glaring at the offensive phone. She rose immediately upon seeing the name on the screen. He had almost never called her in the middle of the night anymore since he had gotten himself a girlfriend. And suddenly this. 'It must already be six months,' Irene mused to herself. With Changsub, six months in a relationship was an achievement. She must admit, she thought this one would finally last, but it seemed she was wrong, and she must again admit, deep inside her heart, she was somewhat pleased by the turn of events.

The phone had stopped ringing at one point and she waited patiently for him to call again. She should never give him the impression that she would be at his beck and call everytime, especially in the middle of the night; she reminded herself all the time.

Right on cue, the phone rang again. She waited until the third ring before answering, "Hello?" She mustered her best croaky voice.

"Baechu...~, please let me in.... (pound,pound)"

She straightened on her bed. "Changsub? Where are you?" She dropped the pretense of having just woken up. He was obviously drunk from the singsong voice she heard on the other side. It was not the only thing she heard. She listened carefully, he was not saying anything particularly coherent and he was pounding on something. As she listened, her ears caught a light pounding from outside.

"No way.." Her eyes widened, as she slowly opened her bedroom door, and sure enough, there was a pounding sound at her front door. In the middle of the night (or morning, whichever you preferred). She rushed to open the door to reveal Changsub on the other side, almost lying down on the floor, grinning up to her.

"There you are.. pwetty Baechu~"

She grabbed his shoulders and pulled him inside, closing the door behind him. "Are you nuts, man? My neighbor will call the cops on you! It's not like you don't know what a prick that old lady is... oh my God, why do I even bother talking to you when you're this drunk." She threw her hands up in frustration.

"Pwetty Baechu~~"

She sighed. "Come on. Let's get you to bed." She hauled him up as best as she could. He must have decided to be cooperative for once; he got up without much difficulty, leaning on her slightly, ("Baechu is so pwetty, pwetty..") "Oy, keep your hands to yourself." She swatted his hands away as he attempted to her "pwetty" face.

"What happened to you?" She asked when they settled on the bed. He was snuggling up to her and wrapping his arms around her body.

"She leftz me. 'Said I wasy using her as a disytraction." She turned to him at the statement. She tried to peek at him but he shielded his face at the crook of her neck.

"What distraction?" 

He raised his eyes to hers, eyes that were surprisingly clear despite the slurring of words earlier. "You." He said. "I need a distraction from you." Then he passed out.

***

Changsub woke up with a pounding head. He groaned as his head threatened to either blow or crush at any sudden movement (or just any movement to be exact). He tried to feel for a glass of water which he found at the side table and he drank greedily. Holding his head, he hoisted himself up before attempting to open his eyes. The room was dark and familiar. It was not his room, but it was familiar all the same. He was in Irene's room, he almost chuckled (but could not because he knew his head would explode if he even try). He must have gone to her when he was drunk.

A knock on the door stopped h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter