4 years After College

Cool Hot Sweet L.O.V.E. (1.5) - A spin off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Whatever happened between you and Changsub?" Joy uttered out of the blue. Irene almost sprayed her with the apple juice she was drinking.

"What do you mean? Nothing happened." A standard denial, an easy way out to avoid further interrogations. 

"No, something must have happened." Apparently, this time it did not work for Irene. "Today marks the second week I've not seen Changsub at our place. This has never happened since.." she paused, "well ever since I can remember." Joy finished.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you but nothing happened. He's just probably busy with his new girl." Irene said, almost bitterly. Suddenly she wished she was holding a glass of soju in her hand instead of juice.

"Really?" Irene watched as Joy's eyes became rounder, if that was even possible. "Wow. This girl must be something else. He's never done this before. Remember that girl he used to date? What's her name again? Right, Chorong." Joy paused for a sip before continuing, "I thought he was head over heels for her - he even bought her a ring, didn't he? - but even then he had never been so absent. He even brought her here for a date, poor girl was so confused."

"Yeah," Irene said absently, trying hard to down her drink for an excuse to escape. "Umm.. I have to go.. ummm somewhere. I'll see you later." She quickly disappeared into the kitchen before hurrying up towards the door of their apartment. She gave a quick wave, grabbed her purse on the way out and slammed the door shut, grateful that Joy did not decide to pursue her with more questions - she can be relentless, that Joy.

Now that she was finally alone, Irene allowed herself to wallow in self pity. She did not really pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter