It's All or Nothing

A Dream Come True?

 

HyoAe’s POV:

 

"Viola?" Ms. Nowlin asked. 

"Present Miss!" the girl at the front with her thick frames on her nose waved at the teacher. 

I had nothing against glasses honestly, as I wear glasses myself but you have a choice of what frames you can choose… Why choose those?

Yes, I am not a pretty girl with flowing brunette hair to have all the boys swooning for me. 

I'm just a normal girl with a bad past. I have nothing against other people wearing glasses, but I hate myself for wearing glasses-

'Oh here you go with your depression moment...’

-__- As I was saying, I feel as if I’m hiding behind them sometimes. I want to take them off but SooRi’s mum won’t let me get contacts until I’m older, preferably never. –sigh-

"Robert?" Ms Nowlin asked. 

"Yeah? Oh… present…" the boy at the back joked as he continued conversing with his friends. 

He was a TOTAL jerk for cheating on Ellie going on a date with another girl one hour after he only just asked out Ellie, who had a MASSIVE crush on him.

"Hya-Hyi-Hy--" 

"HyoAe Miss…" I sighed. Even though I loved performing arts I found Ms Nowlin one of my worst teachers. 

I had already been taught by her for 2 years yet she still couldn't pronounce my name. 

I mean my name wasn't THAT hard to pronounce… was it?

"I knew that, don't have an attitude young lady! Let's see who is next… SooRi?" Ms Nowlin diverted the topic. 

"I'm here, Miss." SooRi replied. 

"That's the end of the register... hmm... 26 present and 1 absent. Has anyone seen Ellie?" Ms Nowlin swiveled her head towards me and SooRi. 

I hmphed in anger, "She is so dead..." I gritted my teeth as I whispered to SooRi. 

"We don't know Miss." SooRi answered. 

"Well what are you going to do about your performance? I’m sure you didn’t initially prepare your performance as a duet without Ellie? Will you do it another day or what?" 

"We'll do it as a duet only!" I announced.

Everyone stared at me wide-eyed as if I just committed a crime or worse. 

"HyoAe I know we prepared something just in case but I'm not sure if we will be fine." SooRi stated. 

"We will be fine unnie trust your dongsaeng!" I reassured her while using my aegyo pout. Mwaha no one can beat me in an aegyo contest.

"Fine but we will perform last, if that is okay with you Miss, because we need some more practice." SooRi sighed. 

"Okay go to the practice room quickly." Ms Nowlin impatiently shooed us away. 

We walked into the practice room which I had to admit was the best room in the school. 

It was a room with the sides covered in mirrors, the floor always looked freshly polished.

It was really different from all the cracking, dirty rooms in the rest of the school. 

I walked into the changing rooms on the side and got changed out of my uniform and into a long baggy t-shirt with leggings.

I was free! Boy did I hate my uniform… it consisted of a V neck jumper and a checkered kilt with a random long slit on the side. I meant WTH?! That slit just caused trouble, like if you had to run for the bus your skirt would open up… well you know what that would look like. SooRi’s mum persists in us wearing it below the knee because it looks more conservative o_o

"Let's start then." SooRi woke me up from staring at the room in awe. 

We both practiced the first half of the performance until I lay down on the floor, tired. 

"Geez Ellie better run the next time I see her! This is the second time she has ducked out on us!  

Then there was constant taps of knocking at the door. 

"Who is it?" 

-knock knock- 

The knocking wouldn't stop and it had increased in volume. 

"HyoAe answer it!" SooRi nudged me who was still in a huff about Ellie.

"Okay, I swear if it is Ellie I give her 5 seconds head start to run until I open this door!" I mumbled walking towards the door. 

I opened the door to see a man in a black suit standing in-between two tall well-built men, "Hello HyoAe." 

His English pronunciation sounded not too bad but there was distinct accent, a Korean accent. It sounded like he had maybe studied in America; you were good at doing this kind of analysis. You could read people well. 

"Erm hello guy-I-don't-know." I nodded into a mini bow.

I had to be respectful since those two well-built men looked like their hands could snap me in half if they wanted to.

He nodded back and walked through the gap between me and the door as he confidently walked past me. 

"You must be... SooRi?" he motioned his hand towards SooRi

"Yes and you are?" SooRi immediately shot up from sitting lazily on the floor. 

"I am Kim Jung Hoon, nice to meet you. I understand that you can speak Korean right?" he gave SooRi a soft smile.

"Ne." 

-The next part of the conversation is in Korean.-

"I have a proposition for the two of you." he signalled for us to sit down.

"What kind of proposition?" we replied at the same time.

"Wait, how rude of me... Let me introduce myself. My name is Kim Jung Hoon. I am the manager of Suju, a popular band in Korea. Have you heard of them?" we looked at each other, with faces of confusion.

"I don't think we have, we don't really listen to Korean music I’m afraid." SooRi answered.

"Ah I see… don’t worry though that makes things easier for us. Like I was saying, I have a proposit-“

“SooRi and Hy- and her partner! You are next for your performance!” Ms Nowlin burst into the door without knocking. Rude.

“You are performing?” Kim Jung Hoon questioned.

“Ne, it’s kinda a big deal for us so can we talk about this proposition after the show?” I so envied unnie, she was so comfortable in speaking to others. I on the other hand find it hard –facepalm-.

“Okay, you may do your performance so we can speak later. Can we see the show too? It will be good to see your talent in dancing.” Kim Jung Hoon smiled at me.

“Sure you can see- wait... How did you know that we are performing dance?” One thing came to my head… he was a weirdo.

“I will explain everything afterwards.” he calming answered.

He walked away with the two men in long strides.

Okay, let me tell you about our performance. It's nothing extreme and nothing minor.

Ms Nowlin had already informed us that doing this performance well may involve a big step to our futures. Ms Nowlin never joked around with stuff like this. No matter how much I hated her, I believed what she said.

She gave us all a strong glare notifying that this was our chance and that we should grab it.

As you may or may not know already, myself and unnie would absolutely love to be on stage, Broadway, ballerina, in a band. Anything as long as it involves being on stage. Of course we are hesitant; as after all it is only just a dream...

We were next, as we were waiting backstage. I kept twiddling my thumbs in nervousness then SooRi held my hand. We had a light layer of make-up and our outfits were comfortable but glamorous.

Ms Nowlin gave us the OK sign.

I walked out to see the awaiting audience; they sat there staring at me to begin.

‘It’s now or never HyoAe.’

The arteries felt like they were going to detach themselves from restraining my heart’s endless pumping. Here I go…

I lay in the middle of the stage in a foetus position closing my eyes waiting for my song to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qouslUylP8 – River Flows In You- Yiruma (Vench Remix)

I lifted my arms in the air mimicking me playing the beginning piano bit gently and softly playing each imaginary key.

As the tempo rose, so did I as SooRi entered the stage.

The dance consisted of gentle ballerina footwork and sharp, contemporary arm movements.

The audience clapped along with the beat of the song.

Near the end of the song SooRi held out both her arms infront of her as I back flipped over her arms.

Then SooRi threw me into the air and caught me as we both did a finishing arabesque.

The audience went wild with applause as we smiled in glee.

‘Hmm, well done for once HyoAe.’

We had a ton of standing ovations. It felt outstanding. I held SooRi’s hand so we could both bow. This was my dream and I would live to make it happen.

We walked off the stage with massive smiles on our faces then we saw Kim Jung Hoon giving us a small round of applause, “I’ve chosen the right two back-up dancers.”

Before we could question what he was talking about, he smiled at us and said, “You did brilliantly in your performance. That’s why I have decided you should come to Seoul and become back-up dancers for the new concept we are trying out. I strongly advise you to take this opportunity.”

SooRi pulled me away from Kim Jung Hoon before I made a hasty decision like I usually do. Okay, I admit, I REALLY wanted to take this opportunity.

‘I don't blame her, he is a after all.’

-He isn’t… stop your over thinking, it pisses me off. I really want to take this opportunity. I could never have this opportunity again!-

‘…’

-Oh so NOW you agree with me.-

Now I have to persuade SooRi unnie to agree with me. Oh dear this is gonna be a hassle. I stared at her awaiting for her scolding.

“How are we gonna persuade omma and appa?”

“E-excuse me, what did you just say?” I can’t believe unnie just said that…

 

AN: Anneyo~ I hate writer's block so much. It might start to be a little bit rushed, as I need to progress in the story. Mianhe~ I love you my subscribers & readers (: