Chapter 5

For The First Time

Chapter 5

 

Suddenly, standing outside of Daewoo hall was a bit unnerving to Seohyun. A little bit, she thought sarcastically. Back at the dorms, she felt driven, determined to make the most out of her night with Junmyeon since he promised to spend time with her, but now she refused to face the horrors that may be behind those doors. 

 

Hot tea…crystal chandeliers…and rich Yonsei girls that would love to use the first two items as weapons against her. With these thoughts in her head, she faced Taeyeon and Tiffany with a worried expression, but all she got back was a reassuring smile.

 

Aish. As if there was absolutely nothing to worry about!

 

To calm herself down, Seohyun fiddled with the fabric of her dress, creating a distracting symphony of rustles. The edges of Taeyeon’s eyebrows quirked in slight annoyance and she forcefully took Seohyun’s hands to stop her. “It’ll be okay, Seohyun-ah,” the older girl affirmed.

 

Before Seohyun could repeat Taeyeon’s words to self-assure herself, Tiffany was already tugging her arm through the door that led to the grandeur of the already full reception hall. The lights hurt her eyes. The mahogany floors thumped beneath their feet. Yonsei University students were dressed in lavish suits and dresses, dining on rice wines and seafood.

 

Tiffany’s eyes were sparkling in pleasure. “Party’s heeere!” she announced, arms high in the air as she walked in, Seohyun in tow unwillingly. Taeyeon pinched the space between her eyes, shaking her head and slightly amused by Seohyun’s tortured face.

 

Aigoo. As if I didn’t feel like an outcast already sighed Seohyun in her head. Looking around her, she didn’t see Junmyeon or any of his friends. And surely Taeyeon and Tiffany will be occupied with their own prestigious endeavors. How did she expect to occupy herself the entire night? Already, she was growing discouraged.

 

Lee Eunmin greeted them first, looking very pretty in her simple champagne-colored dress. With a sneer, she glanced at Seohyun, noticing that the scholarship student suddenly got a makeover. She pinched a section of the organza fabric with her right hand, and Seohyun quickly tensed up.

 

“It’s pretty, Seohyun-ssi,” she taunted. “Where’d you get it from?”

 

“U-um…” Seohyun didn’t know what to say in response.

 

“Is this all you could think of to impress Junmyeon oppa?” Eunmin scoffed. “How pathetic, you poor thing.”

 

Seohyun clenched her fists, feeling her chest constrict with sadness. She couldn’t help but let those words get to her, no matter how irrelevant Eunmin-ssi may be to her life. Suddenly, the rich girl was tugging even more forcefully on the material, as if threatening to tear Seohyun’s dress apart. 

 

“Yah!” Seohyun squeaked out. 

 

Tiffany reached out to get a hold of Eunmin’s hand, but Taeyeon was quicker and her grip was undeniably strong. “Let. Go.”  Taeyeon demanded of Eunmin through clenched teeth, her stare hard and cold. This aura of hers was known to the school as frightening and intimidating. But even then Lee Eunmin stood her ground.

 

“Aish, Eunmin-ssi, Taeyeon-ah said to let go!” screeched Tiffany, grabbing a fistful of her hair. The girls immediately engaged in a wrestle. But then the doors opened again, welcoming a new presence that was powerful enough to calm the four of them down.

 

Seohyun glanced to her left, as so did the rest of the Yonsei University students.

 

And it was like staring into the lights of heaven. Absolutely blinding.

 

Twelve divine beings, dressed in matching white suits. They walked through the entrance doors, so elegantly that everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Seohyun only stared wide-eyed, mouth open as they came closer…

 

Omo omo.

 

She shook her head to make sure she wasn’t dreaming.

 

Were they all walking towards her?!

 

All heads turned to follow the group of boys as they undeniably advanced towards Seohyun. Junmyeon, his hair slicked back impeccably like from the James Bond movies, and his figure perfectly accentuated by the spotless white suit he had on, led the pack with his usual large grin. Smiling Luhan, Minseok, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae weren’t far behind, followed closely by Tao, Yixing, and Jongin. Sehun, Yifan, and Kyungsoo stayed towards the back, radiating a cool and quiet demeanor that still enchanted many.

 

All hairstyles gelled back, all shoes polished, and all suits fitting them flawlessly. Absolutely gorgeous. A pathway was cleared in between the Yonsei University students, just for them. Completely stunned, Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Eunmin pulled away, leaving Seohyun out in front.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened, index finger pointing straight to Seohyun. “Pretty noona! Is that you?!” he exclaimed. Taking a deep breath, he eventually flashed her a satisfied smile. “You look so different!” Seohyun couldn’t breathe a word as she remembered the ridiculous fortune teller she saw not too long ago, now looking so beautiful and proper in his white suit.

 

“Yo, yo, yo,” then said Luhan, flashing her gangster-like hand signals. Seohyun’s knees grew weak as the famous Deer Lulu, the beautiful flower boy that was the total package with his dancing, singing, and acting skills, interacted with her for the first time. “Junmyeon-ah has said a lot about you. I really wanted to meet you!”

 

“Wow, hi there!” said Tao, leaning close to get a good look at her.

 

Yixing meanwhile popped up from behind, startling Seohyun. “Beautiful from the back, but cute from the front,” he observed, pressing a finger to his chin while smiling. “Nice to meet you!”

 

Seohyun then felt Sehun’s eyes glossing over her, to do his own inspecting. His sharp eyebrows relaxed while he pointed his nose up high in the air. A look of approval.

 

“Hello,” he said in a cold, empty tone. “Oh Sehun.”

 

“Hi.”

 

“Hihi, I’m Chen!” introduced Jongdae, holding out a cordial hand. With a hesitant laugh, Seohyun shyly took it and managed to give him half a shake. “Pretty noona, I hope we can be friends. Okay?”

 

The rest of Junmyeon’s friends also bid their hellos to Seohyun. Twelve charming boys… all treating her like a princess. This had to be a dream. It was much too overwhelming, too much to handle.

 

With a laugh, Junmyeon stole the show, became the finale, pushing them all aside. “Aish, guys, you’re suffocating her,” he chuckled. Before Seohyun could deny that they bothered her in any way, he went down on his knees and offered a hand to her. It was the most perfect, most sweet of invitations, wholly melting her guarded heart. “Sorry, but may I steal the girl away for a dance? You look breathtaking tonight, Seo Juhyun-ssi.”

 

Tiffany slinked in behind Junmyeon, snatching Seohyun’s attention for just a second. She pulled on the collar of her dress, fanning herself with her other hand, all while mouthing, “He’s hot!” which made Seohyun giggle. Pressing a hand to her lips, Seohyun bashfully nodded ‘yes’ at Junmyeon’s invitation, blocking out her classmates and their looks of disapproval.

 

Tonight was going to be her night. Scholarship student or not.

 

.

 

"dareun gongganui dareun siganijiman

nae sarangi majeulgeoya

barame seuchineun neoui hyanggirodo

nan neoingeol alsu isseo

But I don’t know

nae mamsoge eonjebuteo niga sangeonji

I don’t know

neoreul bomyeon seolleneun iyu~"

 

[It’s a different place, a different time

But my love is right

Even by your scent that passes with the wind

I know it’s you

But I don`t know

When did you start living in my heart?

I don`t know

The reason my heart flutters when I see you~]

 

Daewoo hall was dimly lit by the lanterns that lined the perimeter of the area, creating a simple and romantic atmosphere for the Yonsei students. Front and center on stage, Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Minseok presented themselves as a singing trio, “CBX” (standing for Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin, their respective stage names), and performed their first song for the couples to dance to, titled simply, “For You.” A large group had already gathered around them, admiring their charming talent and singing prowess.

 

Meanwhile Seohyun had her arms laced around Junmyeon’s neck, her head nestled comfortably in the crook of his shoulder as they quietly swayed to the music. There it fit perfectly, like they were predestined for this one moment. Junmyeon’s head rested similarly close to hers, his hair pleasantly tickling her cheek. Gently were his arms wrapped around her waist, treating her like a precious and delicate doll.

 

Following a few moments of silence, Seohyun buried her face inside Junmyeon’s shoulder, letting herself escape this harsh world and succumb to a state of comfortableness. If only she could be in his arms forever, no longer having to face the pain of being ridiculed, or looked down upon because of her lack of finances. She didn’t have to encounter any of this misfortune, because Junmyeon was there for her. She sighed in contentment while he closed his eyes, slowly trailing his hands up and down her back.

 

“Anything wrong, Seo Juhyun-ssi?” he murmured into her ear.

 

“Nothing,” she giggled quietly. Absolutely nothing. Ever since he caught her, everything had changed for the better. How could anything be wrong?

 

“Are you sure?” he asked to confirm.

 

“Mhmm.” She pulled away, looking into his eyes, her own face glazed with concern. “Why would you think something is wrong?”

 

The hair on Suho’s arms stood on end as Seohyun’s breath blew softly against his face while she spoke. He found the look in her eyes to be so alluring, so irresistible. Junmyeon chuckled, suddenly thinking of his loud dongsaengs. “Nothing,” he echoed in reply. “Nothing.”

 

Steadily Seohyun raised her hand and combed her fingers through his hair, showing gratitude for his concern. “S-seo Juhyun-ssi, I-“ There were a lot of words that Junmyeon wanted to say, but nothing came from his mouth. But Seohyun seemed to understand.

 

She bit her lip, and nodded slowly to him, as if to say, go ahead. Knowing that she wanted this as much as he did, Junmyeon began to move slowly, so slowly until their faces were so close that their eyes almost crossed, their noses almost touching.

 

Then they closed their eyes simultaneously as he pressed his lips against hers.

 

In a sudden burst of passion, his muscled arms coiled around her small waist as the softest touch of their lips connected them. She then deepened the kiss as he drew her closer to him, until their bodies were pressed against one another. When Junmyeon pulled away, he looked down at Seohyun as she grinned ever so slightly. 

 

His confession didn't need words, and the same went for hers.

 

.

 

"Suho-hyung and Seohyun-ssi really look good together," commented Tao in between bites of his pork wrap as the rest of them, minus Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Minseok, lounged around the snack tables. Together they observed the flourishing couple on the dance floor, feeling very happy for their hyung.

 

"They do!" agreed Jongin. He himself was scanning his eyes across the room, because he was looking for a potential dance partner. Every now and then, his eyes would fall on Suho and Seohyun, and that made him itch even more for a dance. Speedily granting his wish, a cold-looking girl with a piercing gaze and a pretty, chic face came passing by.

 

She was the well-admired and popular ice princess Krystal Jung. Little sister of the Ice Queen, sunbae Jessica Jung. "I'll be right back, guys," smiled Jongin. He really hoped that Krystal would dance with him. Sehun, too, slinked away to speak with Im Yoona, the girl with the best visual at Yonsei. Tall with a pretty and slim figure, her face was a perfect mix of sweet and fierce, perfect for the princely, picky, and demanding Oh Sehun.

 

“It doesn't surprise me, have you seen Seohyun-ssi in class?” asked Chanyeol, carrying on the conversation. "She's a pure genius like Suho hyung, ranked number one in the class.”

 

"Yah, that makes them perfect for each other!" gasped Tao.

 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement. "Let's all be the best man at their wedding," he suggested. Chanyeol really wanted to see them get married.

 

"Can we really, Chanyeol hyung?" Tao's innocent eyes glistened with great merriment.

 

Kyungsoo smacked Tao in the head, and Tao whined in pain. "Of course not, baegchi," he said.

 

"Owww. Don't do that, Kyungsoo-hyung."

 

"Yo, yo, Yifan-ah." Luhan stepped up. "What do you think of Suho-yah finally getting a girl?"

 

Yifan stuffed his hands in his pockets and hunched his shoulders, giving Luhan an "I don't care look." Luhan chuckled which made him even more annoyed. Yifan didn't want to say it, but he wished that he could find a girl, too. Sure, he's dated a few girls here and there, but he never really cared for them as much as Suho seemed to for Seohyun.

 

"OOO, you annoyed Yifaaan-ah," sung Yixing. Yifan turned to look at the stupid unicorn, threatening to hit him. Yixing cowered in fear and Luhan bursted out in laughter.

 


 

Aaand that's a wrap! Thank you all so so much for reading and giving me such sweet feedback! :D Please comment, vote, or subscribe if you liked, it'll make me so happy! I truly wanted to make this story longer, but I realized that I needed to add some drama or difficulties in the story to make that happen, and I wanted to keep the story light and cute and uplifting huehuehue. :3

I also have a new story up, called "Lover's Switchblade." :) Another EXO fic, in the form of a cool and angsty medical drama. :D Please check it out!

ALSO, HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE CBX TEASER?!?!?!?! LOOK AT MY JONGDAE! :')

 

Let's give the subunit all the love we can, they deserve it! MAMA awards are coming up soon too, and I'm so tense and excited and everything else. :3 ajldfkdjasdlk Hope that our boys win! ^^

HAPPY READING! ^^

-chennie_penpen