Chapter 4

For The First Time

Chapter 4

 

“Since Kim Junmyeon is new here, Seo Juhyun, you should look after him for the time being,” commanded Mr. Hong. “It’s great that you two already know each other.”

 

Seohyun instantly bit her lips while looking down into her lap, turning red from her cheeks all the way to the tips of her ears. She internally prayed that her hair covered it well when the rest of her female classmates looked onto her with jealous glares. “Ah- y-yes, seongsang-nim,” she croaked.

 

As the rest of the nine princes left for their respective sections, Junmyeon bowed to Seohyun in thanks before occupying the seat next to her desk. While she felt his warm presence so near, she almost couldn’t think straight. With a small cough, she cleared and tried to act normal, because she knew she had to say something at the very least and hold a decent conversation. She opened to greet Junmyeon, but then-

 

“Tonight, there will be a welcome reception in Daewoo hall,” announced Mr. Hong suddenly. “That shall give everyone ample time to get acquainted. Now, please turn your books to page 376.”

 

Seohyun was astonished and her eyebrows twitched slightly. A welcome reception? Just for the new students? Hul, daebak. Yonsei University really lived up to its esteemed, expensive name. And it would definitely give the new students more time to shine. 

 

That made her think, would Junmyeon still want to be her friend once he found out about her status here? Ever since he stepped foot into the classroom, he was loved and respected dearly. They were on two different sides of the social spectrum. Would Junmyeon still need her then?

 

Aish. These thoughts were giving her a headache. She rubbed her temples while the other students opened their books and did what they were told, and Junmyeon nudged her in the rib slightly, causing her to jump. Hesitantly, she swiveled her head to face him. 

 

Omo. He looked even more handsome than the last time she saw him. Was it the school uniform? His plump, coral lips curled at the corners to form a sincere smile. “You’re coming tonight, right, Seo Juyun-ssi?” he conscientiously whispered. “Let’s have fun together. And you can show me around, too.”

 

Looking into those deep brown eyes, how could she refuse? She in a deep breath. “Okay,” she managed to respond coolly, flipping her hair behind her shoulder. She smiled softly. Not bad, Seo Juhyun. If she could just compose herself, she could make good progress whenever she interacted with Junmyeon, and eventually not get flustered whenever she was in his presence.

 

“Daaaebak,” he said back. And with that, he turned to his book dutifully, looking like a true model student.

 

Omo omo.

 

He really was perfect.

 

Did Junmyeon even know about the effect he had on the people around him? That effortless, sometimes awkward yet charismatic, and princely effect that could make any girl fall head over heels for him. Aish. Seohyun truly admired him.

 

.

 

“We need to find you a dress!”

 

Once classes were over, Tiffany had Seohyun by the wrists and never so quickly had she dragged her off with her towards the dorms. When Seohyun was finally settled on her plush pink queen-sized bed, cross-legged with her hands in her lap, immediately Tiffany retrieved three extravagant party dresses from her armoire.

 

Like a pro, the effortlessly stylish Tiffany speedily examined each one against Seohyun’s body before finally settling on a gorgeous white dress made of organza, with frilly lace details running down the front. “I think this one will suit you the best,” she mused excitedly. “It’s white. For purity. Definitely suits you.”

 

Seohyun shook her head so sharply that her hair became scruffy. “Aish, Tiffany-ssi, I can’t borrow one of your dresses!” she huffed. And it was true. She’ll be ridiculed once her classmates realize that she’s been wanting to play Cinderella ever since the gorgeous transfer student singled her out on his first day of school.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous.” Tiffany rolled her eyes. “With this dress on, Kim Junmyeon-ssi will definitely have his eyes on you the entire night. And if he really is the gentleman you say, he’ll protect you from any vipers—cough cough Lee Eunmin-ssi!”

 

“Fany Fany is right,” said a third voice. As if on cue, Taeyeon had entered the room, also laying herself on the Queen-sized bed and comfortably resting her small head in Seohyun’s lap. Her hair, which fell in gorgeous blonde locks, tickled her calves as she looked up to face her. “Plus, we’ll be there, Seohyunnie. Trust your unnies, alright?”

 

During lunch period today, Taeyeon and Tiffany basically attacked Seohyun and requested that she do some explaining. In one deep breath, the maknae had told them everything that had happened and everything she knew about the drop-dead beautiful creature that was Junmyeon. At least now, it was really true that she was with a boy last night, which in turn made her late to their project meeting.

 

And now, the two of them couldn’t be happier for their dongsaeng. And they wanted to do anything they could to help. Taking on their sincerity, Seohyun eventually nodded in defeat. The stars were finally in alignment, and she had to take advantage of it. What was the worst that could happen? “Okay,” she sighed, gingerly grasping onto the dress’s hanger.

 

Omo. How much did this cost Tiffany-ssi she thought as she the expensive organza. While she quietly went into the bathroom to slip on her dress, Taeyeon and Tiffany did their own getting ready. The dress was surprisingly light and it felt nice on her body, too, despite its opulent exterior.

 

With similar grins, Taeyeon and Tiffany nodded in approval. Tiffany fake-fanned herself. “Yes, that’s the one.”

 

Then, Tiffany helped her with her make-up while Taeyeon did her hair. When everything was finished, Seohyun gasped at her reflection in the mirror. Her hair melded in pretty curls that fell loosely around her shoulders. Her already milky skin was now a flawless porcelain. Was this really her?

 

She smiled in satisfaction. For the first time, she was definitely ready to face anything and everything.

 

.

 

Junmyeon had a completely different after school experience. When the bell rung to signify the end of classes, a large group of girls were already crowded over his seat, asking him all the questions they could think of. This in turn caused Seohyun to hurriedly walk off, and, being the polite man he was, lose the chance to say goodbye to her because he couldn’t just brush off the rest of his classmates.

 

Besides, Seohyun possibly couldn’t hear him over all their voices. He decided he’ll make it up to her by giving her his full attention tonight at the welcome reception. So, he decided to address all of their inquiries with a big smile.

 

Did you come from another country, Junmyeon oppa?”

 

He simply shook his head with a chuckle. “No. I was in an accelerated program and graduated early.” After that, he had a couple years off before finally enrolling in a university. And, well—that was when he started tutoring his dongsaengs.

 

“How do you know Seo Juhyun?”

 

Junmyeon scratched his head. “A funny story. But it’s personal.” He figured it was an embarrassing situation for Seohyun, so he decided to keep those private details under the wraps. Despite that, a couple of his classmates snickered. The corners of his eyebrows rose in confusion.

 

“She probably had to pay someone to meet up with Junmyeon oppa.”

 

“Does that charity case even have the money for that?”

 

“Whatever. She could keep dreaming. Junmyeon’s too good for her. She’s dirty.”

 

Like a switch, Junmyeon’s expression darkened at the malicious remarks. “Yah-!” But before he could say something in Seohyun’s defense, Baekhyun had caught up to him and was already pulling his hyung towards the lunch room. There, he saw his eleven friends together for the first time in a while, but even that couldn’t clear his part-confused, part-angry mind.

 

“Suho-yah! You’re all really here!” greeted Minseok with the biggest hug he could give from his small body. Despite being the eldest of them all, he was the smallest, but he made it up with his muscular build. When he pulled back, he gave Junmyeon a wide, toothy grin.

 

Junmyeon returned his hug while patting his shoulder. “We are, hyung. All together now.”

 

“Yo, yo, yo.” Luhan, the prettiest flower boy of the twelve, nudged Yifan and Minseok to gather everyone’s attention. “You all got taller,” he commented, nodding with a look of approval.

 

Yifan wrinkled his nose while crossing his arms and leaning against their table. “I don’t see it,” he responded coolly like the cold-city boy he was. He was the tallest of the group, and wished to stay that way. “How was your first day?”

 

Suho didn’t say anything while his dongsaengs began rambling off without any reserve. Chanyeol was asked to rap for his class while Jongdae and Baekhyun were asked to sing. Kyungsoo cooked a meal for his teacher and Tao complained about the lack of Wushu equipment in the gym. Sehun thought his classmates were stuffy and talked too much while Yixing and Jongin quite couldn’t understand the sudden influx of girls trying to get their attention. Wasn’t school about learning?

 

“What about you, Junmyeon-ah?” asked Luhan.

 

“’S fine,” he answered without looking at him.

 

“Is everything okay?” asked Minseok.

 

Baekhyun shot up from his seat while raising his hand. “Yah!” he exclaimed. “It must be the pretty noona.” 

 

“Noona?”

 

“What noona?”

 

“Omo, is Suho-hyung finally interested in a girl?”

 

Baekhyun pouted. “You don’t like her, do you?” He became disappointed that his well-thought out plan failed despite all his hard work. He really had hoped that Junmyeon would finally find someone that would make him happy, because he deserved it after taking care of all of them so well.

 

“Ani.” Junmyeon quickly shook his head. He really did like her. But his classmates didn’t seem to. And he wanted to know why.

 

“Who is this noona?” asked Tao curiously.

 

“Seo Juhyun-ssi,” Junmyeon replied.

 

Luhan’s eyes widened with a sudden revelation. “Aish, the scholarship student? Everyone gives her a hard time. Is that what you’re worried about, Suho-yah?”

 

He nodded silently. Everyone turned to their hyungs to explain.

 

“If you don’t have money here, you’re scum,” explained Yifan. The younger ones furrowed their eyebrows, confused with the new concept. “Luhannie, Minseok hyung, and I never did anything about it because-“

 

“It’s just how things went about here?” cut in Junmyeon. He clenched his fists, suddenly growing angry.

 

Yifan nodded silently. Luhan was quick to occupy Suho’s side, patting his back comfortingly. “Yo, yo, does she mean that much to you?”

 

“I really do care for her,” Junmyeon answered. The rest of them grew excited at the thought of Junmyeon finally falling head over heels for a girl.

 

“Then let me tell ya what. Us and the dongsaengs can help you out.” Luhan smiled his beautiful disjointed smile. His visual was truly no joke. “We have that reception tonight, right? We’ll treat Seohyun-ssi well. Then she’ll have nothing to worry about. We can do that, right, guys?”

 

“Mm!” Baekhyun nodded eagerly.

 

“Count me in,” said Jongdae.

 

Junmyeon looked up to his eleven friends thinking about Luhan hyung’s idea. “Then let’s get ready for tonight,” he said. He was determined to protect her, at any cost, and in any way he could.

 

 

Ahh! 30 subbies! And an upvote! SO MANY SWEET COMMENTS TOO!

Thanks so much guys!!! :3