Chapter 3

For The First Time

Chapter 3

 

"Hyung! These clothes aren't Gucci. I don't like them."

 

Tao-ya, it’s the school’s uniform, you have to wear it.”

 

“Hyung! How will I sit in a boring class for so long! I only like it when you teach!”

 

“Baekhyunnie, you’re finally old enough to go to a university. There’s nothing left for me to teach.”

 

Junmyeon beamed at the group of boys in front of him. Today was their first day of school, and they looked damn good in their school attire, suits and ties and shiny shoes and all. They clean up well, Junmyeon thought as he helped Baekhyun adjust his tie. Today was going to be a good day, and nothing could ruin his mood.

 

Junmyeon nodded at his own reflection in the mirror with a smile. Perfect. Now he was ready to go to school. It felt like just yesterday when he was homeschooling all of them, and just two yesterdays when Minseok hyung, Luhan hyung, and Yifan hyung enrolled to Yonsei university themselves. Now they were all together, as twelve, under one university roof.

 

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jongdae were busy playing games together, taking turns at tugging each other’s school uniforms and making fun of how proper they each looked. It seemed like they were close to a fist fight as they debated who looked the most handsome. Those beagles. Kai was beaming brightly, already dressed, feeding and playing with his dogs before he had to leave them for the day. 

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo stood quietly to the side, his white-rich eyes busy glancing around the room, then down at his new, unfamiliar clothes. But eventually he smiled to himself, pleased that he was finally going to a real school. Junmyeon even applied for a cooking class elective for that awkward penguin.

 

But one of them didn’t seem as enthusiastic as the others. The youngest one out of the large group of boys, tall and blonde, with a princely face that seemed hard to impress. Idly he laid sprawled across the extravagant quilted couch, sipping on his all-time favorite drink, chocolate milk tea with boba balls. He looked like a true royal.

 

“Yah, Sehunnie,” Junmyeon called to him.

 

Oh Sehun didn’t say a word, only glanced over to Junmyeon for a second before calmly sipping on his tea again. He wasn’t even dressed yet.

 

“Yah!” Truly Junmyeon hated it when he had to nag them, but it was for their own good, as their guardian. “Get dressed, okay? You’re going to be in the same section as Tao-ya and Kai-ya. It’ll be fun!”

 

Sehun sighed. “Fine, you win, Suho hyung,” he mumbled. And with that he retreated for his bedroom to put on his school clothes. Junmyeon then glanced at his watch. They only had an hour left before class started. 

 

To make sure they were all here and ready, the protective leader counted them off. Sehunnie, Kai-ya, Tao-ya, Kyungsoo-ah, Chanyeollie, Jongdae-ya, Baekhyunnie- Junmyeon widened his eyes.

 

“YIXING-AH!” he exclaimed, scrambling and searching frantically for that clueless healing unicorn. 

 

.

 

“Seohyun-ah, where were you yesterday?” asked Tiffany when she met with Seohyun at the school gates. Through the mist of the fall morning, the crimson leaves were little more than a simple red haze. The sky was blanketed with the grey clouds from yesterday evening, and no more were the iridescent hues of spring and summer, only sepias and scarlets.

 

Did yesterday really happen Seohyun wondered, glaring at the dreary autumnal surroundings. Silently, she turned to face Tiffany-ssi, pressing a slim finger against her own lips. “I was with a boy,” she whispered with a dazed expression. And it was like dream. Never in her life had she been treated so well.

 

“A boy?!” abruptly Tiffany exclaimed, causing Seohyun to shush her in a series of frantic movements. “You really think I’d believe you?” she whispered. “I know you, Seo Juhyun-ah. Stop lying.”

 

“But it’s really true!”

 

“Oh, really,” Tiffany crossed her arms, still unconvinced. "What was his name?"

 

"It was - oh, no!" Seohyun gasped. "I forgot to ask his name!” Daaaaebak! With a whimper at the realization, she leaned her back against the gate, face towards the sky. She found her eyes tracing a certain string of words into the grey expanse. 

 

When will we meet again?

 

.

 

Seohyun-ssi, have you finished the literature homework?" asked Baekhee as Seohyun moved to sit in front of her inside the classroom. "I need to copy yours."

 

Seohyun’s hairband was out of place, disheveling her hair and her crosstie was slightly crooked. She hadn't rested much last night after working on that group project with Taeyeon-ah and Tiffany-ssi, so she was sleepy. "L-literature homework?" she repeated, stunned.

 

Baekhee showed her the sheet of exercises Mr. Hong assigned them after yesterday's class. Seohyun’s eyes widened when she suddenly remembered that she forgot to do them. Quickly she pulled out a pen and began filling out the assortment of questions.

 

"What's been going on with you?" asked Baekhee as she playfully patted Seohyun’s back. "Just look at you, you’re ranked number 1 in our section, and you're already falling apart!”

 

Seohyun bit her lip. "I'm fine," she replied, resisting the urge to rip Baekhee’s scalp out. If her hair was even real. Hul. Seohyun just couldn’t stop thinking about number one. Plus, it was only the beginning of the week, and she was already cramming. Get yourself together, Seohyun-ah! Hwaiting!

 

She was only halfway through the exercise before the door opened and Mr. Hong walked into the classroom. Seohyun cursed to herself as he found his place at his desk. How did this man always manage to be so punctual? 

 

"Today we have some new transfer students," he said. Seohyun continued writing out her sentences, not even bothering to look up to catch a glimpse of her new classmates. "Please welcome them, class.”

 

.

 

An entire flock of fallen angels. In one organized line the nine boys stood together in front of the class, all prim and proper in their school uniforms. They were breathtakingly, absolutely beautiful, each with their own distinguishing features that charmed anyone that laid his or her pair of eyes on them. Hul hul hul. 

 

“My name is Oh Sehun,” muttered the boy standing farthest to the left. He seemed very sure of his own beauty, aloof, and a little moody, tall, lean, and blonde. He looked like a Korean prince!

 

“I’m Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai. I hope we can all treat each other well,” said the next. Tall and muscular. Bronzed skin with plump, kissable lips. The most innocent smile. Daebak!

 

“Hello, I’m kung-fu panda Huang Zitao! Tao for short!” chirped the third. His face was sharply structured with protruding eyes that looked deep into one’s soul. By simply setting them on a person, he could melt even the iciest, most guarded of hearts.

 

“Do Kyungsoo, D.O.” His heart-shaped lips formed an awkward smile as he shifted his weight from side to side, like a little penguin. He looked happy just standing there and didn’t call much attention to himself, but his eyes were a little frightening, warning anyone that dared to mess with him.

 

“I’m the energizer, Park Chanyeol!” Coming from such a tall and lanky man, his voice was so husky and deep. So manly. And his teeth-rich smile easily stole the hearts of many. 

 

“Kim Jongdae, ChenChen!” This boy’s cheekbones were definitely eye-catching. And the way the corners of his lips curled up like a kitten’s when he smiled—aigoo, so much aegyo!

 

“Byun Baekhyun-ah!” the seventh exclaimed with a big thumbs up. He had a young and childish demeanor, surely the mood maker of the bunch. Unmistakably, he was someone you wanted to be around.

 

“Hello, I’m Zhang Yixing, it’s nice to meet you all,” the eighth boy stated politely. His tired-looking eyes were utterly endearing, along with his deep dimple. He looked so clueless, so naive. “But please don’t hesitate to call me Lay instead.”

 

And last but not least, he seemed to be the leader of the group. “Good morning, I’m Kim Junmyeon, but I go by Suho, too. Please treat my dongsaengs well, and I’ll return your good actions with just as much sincerity. Let’s look forward to a great year together!”

 

The class applauded at Junmyeon’s eloquent and well-phrased speech. His dongsaengs didn’t expect any less from him, quietly showering their leader with extreme adoration. Silently, Junmyeon counted to three and they all bowed politely in front of their new classmates. 

 

The girls were already giggling and turning beet red at the sight of the beautiful transfer students with impeccable manners. Meanwhile, the boys weren't happy at all since these new kids were just going to be another addition to the popular group of flower boys that stole the hearts of all the girls at school—with Minseok hyung, Luhan hyung, and Yifan hyung.

 

Everyone had their attention on those nine princes. All except for one student.

 

Seo Juhyun.

 

While spotting her, Junmyeon’s smile grew even wider. “Seo Juhyun-ssi!” he called out.

 

Baekhyun did the same, looking to where Suho was looking. Instantly his facial expression brightened. “It’s the pretty noona!” he gasped, pointing towards Seohyun and glancing back at Suho hyung eagerly.

 

The entire class turned to the poor scholarship student, faces green with envy. All those pranks, the bullying—in a single moment they wished they could take it all back. The poor Cinderella that was Seohyun, finally breaking her attention away from the literature assignment, silently looked up towards the group of transfer students at the sound of her name.

 

Hul, daebak! How beautiful, they all were!

 

But most surprising was dear Junmyeon. Seohyun stared at him with wide open. She couldn’t believe that the guy that she was looking for was now right in front of her. How could this have happened? Just minutes ago she was cramming for her literature class, and now the the man of her dreams was standing right in front of her.

 

Was he her good luck, like Baekhyun had said? Life was definitely full of coincidences. 

 

 

Thank you so much for all the subbies and comments! And thanks for reading! Please continue telling me what you think of the story, this was definitely the most fun chapter to write so far! ^^ <3
 
 
Omo, omo. Who wouldn't want to go to school with these handsome dorks? xD