Ch #7

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I love you, Taeyeon and I am not going to allow anything or anyone to interfere that."

Taeyeon was about to close the door, but Jiyong stopped it with his hands and entered. Taeyeon walked backwards as Jiyong was forcing his way towards Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon, say something." Jiyong says as he took hold of her face.

"No." Taeyeon said in a monotone voice.

"No? What do you mean no?" Jiyong clearly showed his disappointment and confusion.

"No, Jiyong. You can't love me. There's a reason why I've been single all these years after you." 

"Doesn't it make sense though? I was the only one you loved and that was it." Jiyong says in disbelief.

"It's not the same anymore. Things have changed and people can change too! And I am one of those people."

"You love me, I love you, It's perfect!" Here we go again. Jiyong and Taeyeon felt like they went back to the day where everything ended. The day when Jiyong tried to work things out and Taeyeon insisting that it should stop.

"No, It's not perfect! You are just forcing yourself a-- you know what? This is exactly like that night eight years ago. I don't want both of us to go through another gush of pain." Taeyeon walked away from Jiying to get a drink of water from her fridge.

"You're unbelievable. If you actually think, accepting me will give us another chance to make things better and not do the things that ended what we had!" Jiyong was yelling across the room when it wasn't necessary. "Our love deserves a second chance! We have mutual feelings, isn't that enough? Look at where we-"

"Stop, Jiyong. Get out." Taeyeon says as she closed her eyes.

"Listen to me please." Jiyong looks at her with pleading eyes.

"I will admit that I love you too, but I just don't think we're both ready to go through this again. We are at our highest peak in our career right now. Let's not let this get in the way." Taeyeon holds on to Jiyong's arms to reassure him that she is being serious. "Please leave before my parents come back."

Jiyong looked angry at Taeyeon and at the same time, he was disappointed and she could tell. Jiyong didn't hesitate on turning his back on Taeyeon and storm right out the door.

-

When Jiyong walked out the door, he saw the Kim parents and he froze, So did the parents.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim, how are you?" Jiyong bowed deeply.

"We've been well. What are you doing here?" Mr. Kim asked in a serious tone which made Jiyong anxious.

"Well- uh- I- um- I needed to settle things with Taeyeon about the song since she hasn't been in the studio for a while." Jiyong hesitantly smiles, praying inside that they will buy it.

"Okay, do you want to join us for dinner?" Mr. Kimi welcomes Jiyong, but he politely refuses.

"It's okay. I don't want to disturb your family time." Jiyong smiles as he pats the father's shoulder.

"Aren't you our family already?" Mr. Kim jokes and Jiyong follows with chuckles.

"I'm glad to hear that."

"We will go ahead now, I need to start cooking." Mr. Kim startrs walking and before Jiyong could pass Mrs. Kim, she holds on to Jiyong's arm. 

"Honey, are you coming?" Mr. Kim turns around.

"I want to catch up with him. Go ahead." Mrs. Kim smiles and Mr. Kim gave a reassuring nod before closing the door.

Mrs. Kim and Jiyong looked at each other and Jiyong was clearly seen to have a confused face and was nervous.

"Tell me the truth, Jiyong. What are you really doing here?" Mrs. Kim lets go of Jiyong's arm.

"I-I came to tell her that, " Jiyong clears his throat before saying, "I lo-love her." Jiyong looked down.

"Aigoo... and I am guessing that she rejected you by the look of that poor face." Mrs. Kim pitied him.

"She said she loves me too though, I don't get it." Jiyong looks at the door of the Kim's home before looking back at the mom. "Maybe we're not meant for each other anymore. I give up."

"Don't you dare say that." Mrs. Kim points her finger at Jiyong. "You are the only man who can make my daughter smile. You are the only man who can make her feel safe and secured. You are the only man who can take care of her. You are the only man who can make her feel something called love. Never, ever give up. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter