Ch #6

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong ran as if his life depended on it. As he arrived at the elevators and frantically kept pressing the button. He looked up and noticed that the elevator was being occupied and was coming down, but he knew that he didn't want to wait so he tried to find the nearest stairway. As soon as he left to the stairs, the occupied elevator opened, revealing the upset Taeyeon walking to her car.

Jiyong arrived at the studio was welcomed with no one's presence. He hit the door with frustration and began to whisper insults to himself. Jiyong quickly tried to take out his phone and dial Taeyeon's number.

After a few rings, she picked up.

"Taeyeon, where are you? I need to talk to you now." Jiyong said in a stern voice, but it didn't shock Taeyeon.

"I don't know what you are doing, Jiyong." Taeyeon said in a painful tone. "I don't want to know and I know that I don't want to talk to you."

"That's impossible! We have to finish the song!" Jiyong said.

"Well, I have my ways and you can't stop me." Taeyeon hung up first and she drove off to her home, Jeonju.

Jiyong threw his phone harshly on the couch next to him and began yelling curse words.

He dropped himself on the couch and began reflecting back to his relationship with Taeyeon. He misses her to death. 

I never knew how much she meant to me until she's gone...What the heck, Jiyong? What are you thinking?  He thought to himself as he kept hitting himself.

-

Taeyeon drove all the way to her hometown and as she parked her car, she tried to compose herself and calm down as she wipes her tears and created harsh sniffles.

When she arrived at the doorstep, she slowly entered the passcocde and walked in. She sneakily walked and peeked around the corner to find her parents cooking together having a normal conversation. They knew nothing about the arrival of their daughter so this would be a surprise.

Taeyeon decided not to let her presence be known yet because her heart warmed up when she saw how her parents interacted. They cooked together side by side and began making jokes against each other. From time to time, they would remind each other that they loved them and a quick kiss would follow. Their love was stilll fresh.

All of a sudden, her dog began to bark at her.

"Ginger! What's wrong?" Taeyeon's mom said with her back still facing Taeyeon. On the other hand, Taeyeon was frantically shooing away Ginger.

"Shh! Go away Ginger!" Taeyeon whispered, but the dog just didn't want to listen. He was just too excited to see Taeyeon home.

So he kept barking.

The Kim parents began to become annoyed and when they both turned around, they were suprised to see Taeyeon scolding the dog.

"Taeyeon!" Mrs.Kim immediately dropped her cooking utensils, wiped her hands on her apron, and ran to give Taeyeon a big hug and the father follows.

"Mom, Dad, nice to see you!" Taeyeon smiled widely after hugging both of them.

"What's with the unexpected visit? Aren't you preparing for a project?" The father asks as he was petting Ginger in his arms.

"Well, I've been stressed lately so I came here to just clear my mind and relax with my family." Taeyeon said.

"Omo... my poor little girl." Mother said in a pitiful voice, "let me get you your favorite tea." She quickly walked to the kitchen and prepared Taeyeon's favorite drink ever since she was a kid.

"I hate to say this, my little girl, but I need to go to work. I'm on overtime shift right now." Mr. Kim looked at his watch and gave Taeyeon a disappointed look. Taeyeon, being the understanding daughter she is, she smiled and hugged her dad.

"It is okay appa, love you and take care."

"You too! Please watch your health! Love you my little princess!" He let go and kissed her cheek before he said his goodbyes and left.

After a few seconds of silence after her father left, the mom spoke.

"Taeyeon-ah... what happened?" Her mother asks with great concern.

"What do you mean?" Taeyeon tried to play it off, but the morther was being insistent.

"I am your mother. I've been look in your eyes for almost twenty-eight years. I can tell every single situation or emotion you are feeling. Now spill and explain."  Taeyeon gave up and sighed as she sat close to her mother.

"You remember Jiyong right?" Taeyeon began to tear up as she said his name and she started to lose her voice.

"Of course."

"Well, he sure has his ways in coming back to my life, eomma." She chuckles as she wipes the tears that rapidly falls down her face. This worried her mother.

"What happened?"

"Eomma..." Taeyeon put down her tea and held her mother's hands while locking eyes with her. "what was your opinion on me and Jiyong's relationship?"

The mom sighed before saying, "I was happy. You two were my favorite movie to watch. It was as if you two brought love to a whole new and different level. I-I knew that this relationship was going to last a lifetime because I finally found someone else, besides your family or your members, who could make you smile with sincerity." Mrs. Kim smiled whild Taeyeon continued t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter