Ch #1

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They looked so in love with each other. Everyone thought that they would end up spending their lives together. They thought they had it. 

But, they were proved wrong. Always expect the unexpected.

 

"Please, don't let our 3 years go to waste." He begged and he really did. If anyone saw this poor man, they'd pity him with all their heart. He held on to her hand so tight as if there was no tomorrow. His face felt sticky with all the dried tears that he has weapt but, that did not mean that it stopped. He took hold of her face and tried to lock eyes with her, but all she could do was look down.

"Jiyong..." The way she said his name broke his heart. He felt her hands guide his hands on letting go of her face and his emotions were everywhere. 

"Jiyong," Her voiced cracked as she continued, "listen to me. I know that I am not the one to make you happy. I know that we were not happy in this relationship-"

"No! Are you hearing yourself right now?" Jiyong was taken aback and continued on by saying, "If I was not happy in this relationship, I would have left years ago! But look! I'm here! I'm begging for our love."

"I can't make you happy. Other people can and I know that it won't end up being me." 

"Taeyeon..." She couldn't take it. She broke down as soon as she heard her name come out of his mouth with such a painful tone.

"Taeyeon, please don't do this to me. Don't do this to us!" Jiyong tried his very best into making his love believe that they are meant to be.

"We've had a rocky relationship from the start, Jiyong. We never had that perfect relationship and I know that it is normal, but there are times where I think that there is another partner out there for you that will lessen the burdens I put onto you." Taeyeon wiped her tears and looked up to finally meet his eyes. 

"Jiyong, you deserve better. I realized just how unhappy we were and I want you to be happy and I can't make you happy." Taeyeon's volume fainted during the last part of her sentence. Every time Taeyeon said that she couldn't make him happy, broke his heart.

He could not sink in what was happening. "Taeyeon, I am the happiest guy whenever I am with you and-"

"But this is what I feel needs to happen! Jiyong, I didn't want this to happen. I wish that I could turn back time. This ! But making the right decision can sometimes be the hardest decision."

"Taeyeon, listen to every single word I am about say to you right now." With that, he held her shoulders and that made Taeyeon freeze in her spot.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened in my life. Cliché but, ever since you came into my life, I felt stress-free. You brought happiness to me whenever I was sad. You encouraged me whenever I told myself that I couldn't do it. While I was courting you, you even gave up your first kiss to me because you couldn’t wait anymore!" Jiyong chucked with sadness and Taeyeon looked to her side because she really didn't want to meet her eyes with him.

"Taeyeon, there is so many things I want to do with you. Whenever, I try to do those things, you tell me to wait because you believe in the traditions. I was willing to wait! This year we even talked about marriage and our future kids! You said that we would get married in front of this beautiful island that you have seen on the internet and have a honeymoon in Greece!. When we have kids, you said you would name them Taeji, Jiyeon, Yeonji, Yongtae, and Taeyong because we wanted five kids. I know that we are still young. We just started out career as leaders and idols for 3-4 years already and I know that if the public knows about this beautiful story that we have, they will think that we are immature but I know more than a handful of people who believe in our relationship. Our companies even allowed us to break this rule of the contract. That's rare, Taeyeon. So, please... let us strengthen our love together as we grow older and I promise you that we will be happier than now."

Silence was taling over for a very long time. All you could hear is the breathing, sniffing, and sighing that is happening between the two. Jiyong waited so eagerly. He was really praying in his head hoping that Taeyeon would reconsider their relationship. 

After 10 minutes of waiting, she said, "I'm sorry, Jiyong."

She let go of his grip and turned around quickly and walked really fast because she really wanted to be out of Jiyong's sight. As she walked her could hear Jiyong faintfully yelling her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter