Chapter 8

From Country to City

In the morning after a particularly beautiful night, Junhoe wakes up… and finds Chanwoo is not next to him!

He quickly runs around the house trying to find Chanwoo, but he’s just not there. And then, he suddenly discovers a letter on the dining table. In summary, Chanwoo’s leaving…

But why…? I thought he won’t leave? We love each other!”, Junhoe thought to himself. He then tries to call Chanwoo, but soon discovers that Chanwoo didn’t bring his phone. Frustrated, he checks Chanwoo’s phone, and finds out that… his dad called Chanwoo earlier this morning!

Of course! It got to be them!

He quickly gets dressed and leaves to confront his parents!

“What did you tell Chanwoo!?”, Junhoe shouted in rage immediately when he meets his parents.

“Don’t you realize what you are doing!? You are the only successor of this company, we need you to have a son!”, his dad shouted back in equal rage.

Eventually, Junhoe realizes that there is no use trying to talk sense to his parents.

“Fine! Either you’ll let me be with him, or you can make yourself another son.”, Junhoe said threateningly as he turns around and leaves.

“Hmm! Foolish son. Let see if you can live without my resources. And trust me, even if you go look for him, he won’t even want to be with you!”

Immediately after the confrontation, Junhoe starts to search for Chanwoo. “Well, he’s assigned somewhere far away… So, can I just assume that he is going there? Is he really that simple?

And bingo! Chanwoo is exactly where Junhoe thought he is. He is really that simple.

It hasn’t been a week since they got separated, however, upon seeing Junhoe, Chanwoo suddenly feels surprised, happy, glad, and yet sadness and fear at the same time. Before he knows it, tears start flowing off his eyes.

But he knows that their relationship is not going to last… So he wipes his tears and forcefully confronts Junhoe

“Why are you chasing me? I leave you for the better! You should go and live peacefully with your family!”

“Then, how about you? I cannot leave you just like this!”, Junhoe insisted.

“You don’t need me, Junhoe! You’re the next successor of a big real estate company, I’m just a nobody.”

“But I need you!”, Junhoe said. “Like, seriously. I cut off my connection with my parents, I don’t have anybody else…”

Hearing that, another stream of tears starts flowing off Chanwoo’s cheeks again.

“Stupid… stupid Junhoe! You have such a good life, why are you giving it up just for me?”

“Because… I love you? C’mon, don’t cry.”, Junhoe tried to console Chanwoo as he steps forward and pulls Chanwoo into a hug.

“Alright, you won.”, Chanwoo said.

“What?”

“You won my heart. I… I don’t think I can give you up now. You can do whatever you want with me. And I’ll do whatever you want.”

“Well, teaching me how to live in this middle of nowhere will be a start.”, Junhoe responded rather brusquely.

“Is that it? I thought you came all the way here to… you know… do me.”

“Or we can start with that as well!”


 

Author's note: Another half-assed Junchan story from me. I wrote this whole thing in one day; I'm even surprised of myself! If you're curious about my 'creative' process (although there is an obvious lack of creativity), I would sometimes discover a cheesy scene/quote before I sleep (like an eureka moment), then I'll write a whole story to justify using that scene/quote. Sometimes it develops further, making it chaptered fics, otherwise it stays as oneshot.

I made this whole story so I can use two quotes that appeared in later chapter. (Let see If you can guess which one. :P Hints: they're cheesy!!!)

And sorry if it seems rushed... Because it is. My biggest weakness in writing (whether fanfics or essays) is that I lack patience; I'll try to finish them ASAP (but this is the reason I can finish this story in one day). Oh well, I'll work on it... Maybe...