Chapter 1

From Country to City

Working in a countryside can only mean one thing: It gets pretty boring most of the time. Especially for a doctor like Chanwoo. Assigned to a small clinic in the middle of nowhere, he spends most of his time waiting for someone to get sick, which for some reason only happen once in a blue moon.

That is, until today.

There have been some construction works going on for the past few weeks. Some real estate company is about to make a resort or so, Chanwoo heard. And today, some high-ups from the company are visiting for inspection.

But, ‘town people’ visit to a rural area never ends well. At least not today.

“Doctor! Doctor! We got someone injured!”, a worker shouted as he runs toward Chanwoo’s clinic. Awoken from his small nap, Chanwoo quickly steps outside. “Bring him in!”, he said.

Immediately, he saw a young lad being carried by a few others. Full suit, nicely done hair; “Ah, this must be one of the high-ups…”, Chanwoo thought to himself. Following him, a few other ‘suit-wearers’ can be seen; they seem panicking.

As soon as the injured lad lands on the bed, Chanwoo starts inspecting him.

“Is he going to be ok?”, asked one of the suit-wearer. “We need him healed. Money is not the problem!”, he continued.

“I’ll try my best. Now please leave us alone, thank you.”, Chanwoo replied without averting his attention from the injured man.

Hmm… Did something fell on him in the construction side? It’s quite bad. But not something I can’t handle.

At this point, the man’s clothes have been taken off, allowing Chanwoo to inspect his surprisingly firm body, and Chanwoo can’t help but notice his handsome feature. “He’s young. How did he end up as a high-up this early? Oh, focus, Chanwoo! Focus!

While treating him, the boy starts to twitch a little bit. “Hmm? Are you awake?”, Chanwoo tried to ask.

The boy doesn’t open his eyes, but he replies, “Oh… Where am… Ouch… Where am I?”.

“In my clinic. I’m treating you; it’ll be painful, just go back to sleep.”

And the boy did just that.

After about forty minutes or so, Chanwoo is finally done! He then gets out to take some fresh air. To his surprise, all the high-ups from earlier are still waiting in front of his clinic.

“Doctor! How is he? Is he ok? Do you need some help?”, they started bombarding him with question.

“Ok, calm down, calm down. He’s ok.”, Chanwoo replied. As soon as he said that, he can see the high-ups all taking a deep breath of relief.

“Thank you very much! He’s the son of our boss. If the boss hears that his son got injured, we’ll be dead!”, one of the high-up said.

“But we can’t possibly bring him home like this… He would find out!”, another high-up said.

“Ah… about that…”, Chanwoo said. “If you want to, I could let him stay here for a few days or so. That should be enough time for him to recover. Well, good enough that you can hide his wounds, anyway.”

Hearing him, the high-ups take another breath of relief. “Thank you so much! You’re a lifesaver. We can pay you as much as you want, just give us the number! Thank you!!!”

After that, the high-ups leave some details about the boy, and where they’re staying and stuff, then they depart to continue their work in the construction site.

“So, Junhoe, eh?”, Chanwoo spoke to himself as he stares at the sleeping boy.