Long Day Ahead

Deals and Bets

Unforunately for Krystal, the day had not yet ended. It was barely lunchtime when Myungsoo messed up her life again.

 

“Luna, please send these files to the Marketing Team. Then come back here to help me preapre for tomorrow’s presentation.” Only a  minimal amount from the stack of files from Krystal’s desk was finished. She still had a long way to. It would mean that she would have to skip lunch again to meet the deadlines. Well, not so much as the official deadlines, her deadlines to herself are a three days at least.

 

“If you’re going to get lunch Luna, be sure to be here at 1. Thank you.” A cheerful “okay” was heard from Luna. She is Krystal’s secretary, but Krystal prefers to call her assistant. Even though she does not have formal training about the job that Krystal’s job entails, she was of great help to her to contradict her sternness by mixing happy thoughts and positivism.

 

Krystal was left alone in her office again. The blueprint of the new resort had been given to her, and she has to put in the details of the place on the blank structure. She had taped the large blueprint in her window. For her it serves two purposes: to keep her focused on the project; and to block the sunlight. She turned her chair so that she is facing the windows.

 

It was the only time she had some time for herself. The events that had happened earlier entered her mind again. As much as she does not want to think about it, she had no choice, the whole morning was already ruined by him.

 

“So much for the peaceful and quiet years ahead of me.” She knows in herself that this day would eventually come. He was bound to return to his parents. If only he gave it two more years, she’d have left the country by then. And by the way Myungsoo was acting earlier, no way would he let her go. She could always use the rumour card and have her way, but honestly, it does not bother her that much anymore. Being in the company for years had taught her the cruelties of business world. But no way would she let him know that and forgive him. Let him suffer first.

 

“I might just have to report you for slacking during office hours.” Myungsoo spoke. He was making his way from the door to her desk. She does not face her, deciding to just ignore his presence.

 

“I think if I let it alone, it will go away.”

 

“You’re not going to get me away that easily. You know better.” He sits at the desk and bothers her by playing with the bubble head matching it with “boing” sounds.

 

“Go away. Let me have some peace.”

 

“Then where would be the fun in that? Besides I’m just here waiting for the break time. You’re having lunch with me.”

 

Krystal now spins her chair. What she did not notice before doing that is how close their faces were again. She kept her cool and put into his mind to neglect everything Myungsoo asks her too.

 

“Please just look at my desk. And the coffee table over there. And even the board. I need to finish that today. So shoo.”

 

“If you have not changed that much, I’d guess that these are at least two days still away from their deadlines.”

 

Krystal just rolls her eyes, but honestly, it kind of warms her heart that Myungsoo still knows that much about her.

 

“Whatever. Just go away. People might actually see you slouching in my office. I’d rather not have them talking.”

 

“So? Let them. By the way, where’s your wedding ring?” Myungsoo took Krystal’s hand and stared at the vacant space the ring should be.

 

“None of your business.” Krystal tried to free her hand from his grasp but to no success.

 

“It is my business when I see a dude from the Marketing team ogling at my wife.” Myungsoo was serious with his words.

 

“Eric? Like I’d do something with him.” Krystal scoffed at the image of Eric from the other department.

 

“Glad to know.” He stood up and went to the door. “Oh yeah, see you at home.” With one last smirk, he managed to get out of the room and miss the bubble head Krystal threw.