Back to Normality

Deals and Bets

“Stop barging in my office!”

 

“I don’t think it’s called barging in if I repeatedly knocked and you just did not respond.”

 

Myungsoo was already sitting at the top of her desk. Paper bags in hand.

 

“I thought I cleared up yesterday that you won’t interfere when I’m working.”

 

“Of all the things that happened last night, that phrase is the least of my concern.” He was back to smirking down at her.

 

“Was not one of the conditions being that what happens at home does not mean anything while we’re at work.” She stopped typing at her laptop to look at him straight in the eyes.

 

“Yeah. That and the one where I said it would only be followed if and only if you wear our wedding ring.” He stood up and went behind her chair to look over her laptop. “Change those tables to those wood ones. I’m afraid glass might break.”

 

Krystal just gave him the iciest glare she can muster at him. “You agreed…”

 

“Yeah yeah, no ual innuendos or anything of such during working hours. Geez, you sure are strict.”

 

“And you became cocky and carefree. Why are you even here?”

 

“Because my loves, it had been past 12 o’clock and you are going to have lunch with me. So get up.” He already offered his arm for her to latch on.

 

“No can do. I’m not yet finished. I had to redo one of the designs myself.”

 

“Honey, for this whole courting you to be my girlfriend again scheme to work, you have to go and agree to have dates with me.” He grabbed her and began to pull her up from her chair. Krystal was planting her feet on the floor.

 

“I’m not standing up from this chair. I’m working Myungsoo!”

 

“Okay. If you’re not going to agree that it is a date. Then maybe the reason that I’m not letting you skip lunch and faint again will make you do.”

 

Krystal stopped squirming and just let out a groan. It was Myungsoo’s victory.

 

“See Soojung, wasn’t that easy? Now we have ten minutes until our reservation is up.”

 

As they were going down the elevators, Krystal could feel the stares pointed at her, or him, ot doesn’t matter, it was an awkward situation for her. She was thinking of ways to talk herself out of lunch when Myungsoo beat her to it.

 

“Don’t even think about excuses to skip lunch. Not even an emergency would stop me from eating.” Before she even opened up , he continued “If you even try to run, I’ll carry you to my car.”

 

“I was not going to run… I was just going to use the bathroom.”

 

“No chance.”

 

Since Krystal was still adamant on continuing to live as she were, they got on separate cars. It was one of the non-negotiables.

 

They went back to Myungsoo’s office after lunch since they had to finish some plans. When they inside the office, they were in for a surprise: there was a kid playing with a stuffed toy dinosaur at her couch. With eyebrows raised, Myungsoo once again was the first one to talk.

 

“I’m pretty sure last night would not produce that one.”