"Business" Trip

Deals and Bets

Their lives didn’t change that much for the last month. Krystal and Myungsoo’s relationship was definitely getting better. But that would be at house and around their family only, at work it was still the different persona. Myungsoo had gotten used to the difference between “Soojung” and “Krystal”. As much as he wanted to go and strip off the mask of Krystal, he knew better than to rush her into doing things. He definitely did not want to create a barrier again. Honestly speaking, the way that they are now is still a long way from how their relationship originally was. As both pair of parents knows that they are a big reason for the gap between their children, they are using subtle ways to bring them back together. Like what was happening now.

 

Myungsoo had just finished talking to his father. He was pissed with how his father used the “I’m president, you have to follow me” tone with him. He just wants to retort with a “I was president too!” tone, but yeah, he thought it was too childish. He had to it all up. He was now going down to pick Soojung up. He was too bummed about it all and he had to tell Soojung.

 

“Hey. Wait for a while, I still have to send this last email.” Krystal was at the coffee table with her laptop. It seems that her desk can’t be used, it was piled up with files. Myungsoo sat down beside her.

 

“Don’t rush. I have to tell you something.”

 

“Oh yeah. Me too. I’m leaving for two weeks.” Myungsoo sat up, evidently startled.

 

“What? When? Why did you only tell me now?”

 

“Wait. Let me press send first.” Krystal closed her laptop. “Okay, easy there. The president just told me an hour ago. I’m leaving the day after tomorrow actually.”

 

If Myungsoo’d face had shown shock earlier, it definitely turned to a questioning eyebrows but a smirk forming on his lips.

 

“Are you going to London as well?”

 

“I’m afraid to say yes to that. How did you know?”

 

Myungsoo finally dat down again. Even threw an arm around Krystal.

 

“You know, before I came inside your office, I was more than ready strangle Dad for telling me that I had to attend a business ocular in London. Never knew I’d love my Dad more.”

 

Krystal could only stammer, “But, but, Dad said that I have to go to London to handpick the designs for the new resort he is thinking of!”

 

“Well, he did tell me that my next project is for the European luxury hotel. Looks like you and I are a team again.”

 

Myungsoo was full on smiling, but Krystal was looking dejected. “If you’re not going to kill your Dad, can I?”

 

“No can do sweetie. I still need to thank him for this.”

 

Krystal would not even look at him. “And I thought I had two weeks away from you.”

 

“Nope. Now come on. We have some packing to do.”

 

As he was dragging a reluctant Krystal down the building, they met his dad out in the hallway. Myungsoo ran to him and hugged him, was even going to kiss his cheeks if only his dad did not stop him.

 

“And I thought I heard you muttering the ways you could kill me earlier.”

 

“Did I? No, I was going to thank you!” Myungsoo was all but bouncing around. He was that happy.

 

“He is happy. He realized that you were sending him away.” Krystal just heaved a big sigh. She really missed the thought of going to London and shopping. By herself that is. Looks like the world has other plans for her.

 

“Two weeks away from work? And with Soojung! Of course I’d be glad!”

 

“Easy boy. That is a business trip okay?” His father was serious in his tone, but the wink and nudge to him after gave it away.

 

Krystal could not believe it. “Dad? You planned this? How could you?”

 

“Oh don’t worry Soojung. It is a business trip, you two are working on the Europe themed resort. And I guess London was the best choice.” Dad was having the same smirk as Myungsoo.

 

“Paris could have done the same. Even a more romantic scenery. The best for a resort for lovers.” Myungsoo pulled Krsytal and wrapped his arms around her.

 

“Now I’m thinking of ways to kill you.” Krystal was struggling around his arms. Finally, she just sighed. “You are too bipolar Kim Myungsoo.”

 

“And you love it!” Sealed with a quick peck on her lips. “We really ned to start packing though.”