Square One

Deals and Bets

The meeting did progress at the Multi Purpose Hall of the building. Each employee was there to welcome the son of the President. He was introduced to being the Vice President of the company, the position held open for Myungsoo.

 

All the while that his father was talking and all the other board members were seated at the stage. His eyes went to Soojung, or Krystal as she calls herself now. It didn’t take a genius to figure out the deal between the parents and Soojung. She got herself a new name and was not seated at the front with them. He smirked when he finally got her eyes locked on. He’ll definitely ask that when he talks to her later. Well, he hopes more talking could be done, but he thinks his lips could have a mind for their own. He his lips as he knows she is still looking at him, she just rolls her eyes in response.

 

“And now, a few words from the new Vice President himself. Myungsoo, please take the floor.” His father had finished his speech and it was his turn for the spotlight. He hates speeches and the attention. Got to make this quick and easy.

 

“First of all, I would like to thank everyone here that have welcomed me. It has been years since I stepped on this company. A lot had changed and I need to adjust to those for the better. Then again, I believe that this is still the company that had held their values and integrity to run a peaceful working situation for all. Thank you very much.” He smiled at the audience and went down. True enough, those words also apply to her, he hopes that she follows, though.

 

As the meeting ended, the employees went back to their stations. Krystal was just about to stand up when the prince of cockiness had poofed himself in front of her. She rolls her eyes at him and tries to pass through him.

 

“Show me around.” He simply says to her.

 

“And why would I do that? I actually have work to do. So please excuse me.” She deeply inhales and tries to keep in her annoyance with the New Myungsoo.

 

“Come on, just a few minutes.” She was going to say something but he went nearer to her face, her ears rather, and continued “or else, I might just slip out that I’m your husband.” He moves back to see her face.

 

“And that should scare me? What, your fangirls going to chase me and kill me? This is not high school Myungsoo.” She laughs at his choice of threat. But it subsided when she saw the twinkle in Myungsoo’s eyes.

 

“Oh, but are you sure that’s okay? It looks like someone had been hiding under a false name for quite some time now. What would the people say now?” It was his turn to laugh. They are back at it again with rumours.

 

“Like the same one that actually led me to this? Whatever Myungsoo. 10 minutes. Finished or not, I’m going to leave you wherever we might be.” She was now thinking of where she could actually leave him. In Myungsoo’s mind, he knows it was an iffy move to use those words, but seeing her react like that, it seems that the hate is not quite as deep as back then. That or she just turned into an emotionless stone.