Just Her Luck

Deals and Bets

The next day following all that had happened yesterday, Myungsoo is in a chipper mood, full contrast to the scowling Krystal. It had been testified that when it comes to the precision of work, she could be a devil with no mercy. Now with the addition of an idiot to her life, her attitude leveled up, going full-ice stone cold on her employees. No, she’s not a terror boss that would curse and embarrass them, her tone and stare is likened to those princesses that would not stop until she gets what she wants and how she wants it to be.

 

Currently she had locked herself in her office. Telling the employees in her department that she would only open to those who had sent her the right kind of files. She does not want to face the people in case that she would lash out on them. Krystal had the best of luck having to finish the designs for the new resort, the time of the month had already came. And add to that the annoying man who lives again with her. She just wants to rip that smile off his face when she first woke up this morning. He just had to get his way inside her head.

 

How you may ask? She managed to get away from him as she heard when the car came in. She dashed off to her room but she had to come back because she left her phone.

 

“Really? No need to greet me as soon as I come in. I did miss that, but a kiss would also do as much.”

 

“No way. I just forgot my phone.”

 

“Not even a welcome home hug?” Myungsoo grabbed her and hugged her. She kept on squirming to get away from him, but he held on to her. Just when she thought he would let go, he picked her up, bridal style mind you.

 

“Stop! I’m not even kidding. Put me down!” Krystal was in no mood to even tolerate his playfulness. Although it seems that Myungsoo did not even hear her and proceeded to go upstairs while carrying her. Krystal did not stop squirming and screaming.

 

“Jeez, just a few moments and were at the door, no need to be excited. Want to have me so badly?”

 

As if the moment stopped, Krystal went stiff and quieted.

 

Myungsoo dropped her to the bed and quickly covered his ears. Soon enough…

 

“WHAT?!” and a few more curse words followed that exchange. Krystal grabbed the pillow and started hitting him.

“What even went through your mind that made you think I would want to sleep with you? In what part of the day gave you that idea? For what I remembered I did all that I can to be away from your presence.” She was furious and kept on hitting Myungsoo. It could have been effective if Myungsoo was not laughing so much.

 

“Hey, hey, hey those pillows hurt. And what made me think that?” He took her hands and pinned her down the bed. He is still much stronger than her. Even though she can’t fight back, her eyes are shooting daggers to him. He went closer, “Maybe that we were making out in your office just earlier this morning. You were clearly enjoying it.”

 

“Ugh. I don’t even see the point in fighting you.” Krystal was fighting off the blush creeping up her face. That smirk on Myungsoo’s face is not helping at all.

 

“Get out off my room!” Krystal was finally free from Myungsoo and tried her best to push him off the bed. “You’re getting dirt on my bed! Get out!”

 

“Your room? Last time I was here, it was ‘our room’ was it not?”

 

“For the last five years, no. Get out.”

 

“Well time to reclaim my side of the bed. Don’t you think?

 

“No. you go sleep in the guest room or the couch. I don’t care, just not here.”

 

“You love this bed so much. Makes you remember all the loving we made here?” He just had turned the tables around, sort of. He’s getting the room.

 

“I can’t believe this! Sleep here for all I care. I’ll stay at the guest room.”

 

“But we did that there too! And the couch in the living room too.”

 

Blushing, Krystal could only scream at the pillows. It was Myungsoo’s cue to leave her, for a moment at least, and went to the bathroom.

 

It was not yet over. The guy had the guts to sleep next to her.

 

“The pillows are the barrier. If this bed is not the most comfortable of all and I am tired of all your shenanigans from the morning, I will not even sleep here. Stay on your side, I’ll stay on mine.”

 

“Fine by me. From what I remember, you are a cuddler. Keep that warning to yourself, Sweet.” He reached out to kiss her goodnight but the look Krystal had given him made him stop. “Okay, okay, going to sleep now.”

 

Krystal just wants to scream to her pillow all over again. Especially since he did win again. When they woke up this morning, Krystal was hugging him, too tightly too. She did not even have to look up to see that he is smiling brightly at their positions. And that is the reason why she needs to lock herself out from anybody. No one deserves to feel the hell she is in right now.

 

The phone inside her office beeped and Luna’s voice came, “Miss Krystal, the Vice President is asking you to come to his office in 10 minutes. It is about the new project that you are finishing. Also, he mentioned that it is mandatory, no excuses.”

 

As much as she just wants to hang up on her and scream her lungs out. No, Krystal is a professional. She would face this man even if she knows it is far  from being a professional meeting. Instead she mustered up a “Okay, inform the team of this meeting and have them send me the files after lunch.”  

 

With one last glance to her safe and peaceful life in her office, she stood up to go to his office.