Hunger

Young Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every step I took felt more and more like a dance with an unknown partner that led both my body and mind deeper into the darkness of his shadow, forcing me to come closer and closer although I could never touch or catch him. And there I was, the subject of a dirty dance I was never aware I knew.

Every breath of fresh air woke in me sensations of past centuries and stories I didn’t want to listen to. Darkness was light, full of whispers of trees moving in the wind, of rain droplets dripping down their leaves, of wood basking in the moonlight. I could hear the stars sizzling thousands of miles away and I could hear them being born and die at the same time. My world was noise and movement, oh such dazzling existence that was driving me mad, hurrying my steps as if I knew the destination.

“Are you sure you don’t want some?” Taehyung asked one evening while he took off the fire the roasted meat of another rabbit. His fingers ripped a chunk, the sound of the bone breaking making me frown. Too loud.

“I’d much appreciate if you’d hurry,” I said instead, eyeing him his fingers. There was something attractive at him, something I couldn’t pinpoint yet. What I know is that him being always behind me, one breath away, struggling to keep up, loud and obnoxious – it was stirring something inside of me, like an itch that I couldn’t scratch, like a disease swarming inside of my veins, tickling my blood.

“Some of us still need sleep, miss Grumpy-Pants,” he replied cheekily. “Are you sure you’re alright? You’ve been scratching that wrist all day, still nothing?”

My left wrist was all red and yet no name had come out from my skin. “No,” I admitted. “We should move faster if we want to find that Namjoon.”

“We’re moving fast enough already, baby fangs. This superb body of mine needs some rest.” He just punched his backpack into a comfy pillow.

“Don’t call me ‘baby fangs’,” I mumbled, my now long hair covering my face from the fire’s warmth. “You know I hate it…”

“Just till dawn and then we’ll leave, alright?” He just smiled, eyes closed.

“Yeah, yeah…”      

***

I wasn’t asleep. I stopped sleeping the moment I woke up as… baby fangs. I was just thinking, wondering to be more exact, on how I knew where I was going. I could just feel it inside of me, that the direction we took was good or bad. It was as if I was strig attached to that Namjoon and his every move pulled me along too. It was interesting, but only a theory of course. A scary one if I may add. And while thinking of all of that, I heard it: the sweetest music filling the air, chords of guitar hanging on trees and swirling upwards accompanied by melodious laughter. There were lights in the woods and for a second I thought about waking up Taehyung and flee from the cover of the trees. But curiosity took over me much faster, making me step not towards my sleeping companion, but towards t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter