The Search

Young Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean ‘gone’?” I frowned, my eyes registering every little detail: his pale face, his trembling lips and restless hands toying with his phone.

“Gone as in now here, loading the bags in Jimin’s car and a second later nowehere to be found while the groceries roll on the asphalt of the parking lot. Listen, if this is the doing of any of your kind I’m gonna hunt your all down!” His dead eyes suddenly sparkled with hatred and disgust.

“Now, now, Hoseok, I’m pretty sure none of us would do that,” Yoongi stopped me before I could say something that I’d regret later. “Did you hear anything? Feel something strange? Did you see any signs that would indicate who took him?”

“Maybe it was that mad maker of yours,” he was still looking at me, still hating the guts out of me.

“Namjoon would never do that.” If there were sides to pick, I didn’t have much choice on who’s side to take.

“And how do you know that, huh?! He’s out there right now, probably emptying some poor soul of life just as we speak! How can I trust him when he tried to kill you?!”

“Hoseok,” Jimin stepped in to push him backwards, “you know I’m not his fan either, but I sincerely doubt he would touch any of Ha Young’s friends. I mean, look at me, I’m alive and well, ain’t I?” He tried to joke, but only made me swallow hard as  my heart felt like being pierced by a harpoon although already dead inside of me.

“If indeed he was taken by a vampire, we’re all in danger,” Yoongi whispered near me, his eyes a bit lost beneath his frown.

“But how can we know if there’s another vampire in the town? It’s not like we can go look for vampire nests in broad daylight!”

“You’re right, we can’t. But I know someone who can,” he moved just a bit, reaching out for something hidding from us. “Taehyung here will be more than happy to help. Aren’t you?” He revealed his pray.

“Leave me out of this!” Taehyung just struggled to escape from Yoongi’s grip while the later just grinned.

“Our friend here is a vampire slayer.” The sentence resonated in between the walls of the kitchen like profanity inside a church. “He was planning to kill you, Ha Young, from the moment he laid his eyes on you during the beginning of your vampire life. But then he realized how lucky he was as you were going to lead him inside the lair of his most hated enemy. So he saved you for later, for after he’d kill Namjoon, when you’d be already broken just like he was when his best friend was transformed into a vampire. Oh, he’s a ville one!” Yoongi couldn’t stop grinning while Taehyung’s face kept changing colours. “But you owe me one, little hunter, ‘cause I’m about to save your life,” the elder added, reaching out his hand just as I motioned towards them, prepared to tear him apart.

The impact between my chest and Yoongi’s hand could have easily crushed a wall, but instead I was just halted, my hands reaching out to clasp around Taehyung’s neck. His betrayal, his distacing self – everything made sense now. Was I hurt? Yes. But above everything he was planning to kill Namjoon. And that I could not allow.

“What now, little hunter?” Yoongi managed to keep himself between us as I felt words were no longer needed as I could just snap off his head. “Should I let her kill you?”

“Please do so,” Taehyung’s disgust was now visible as if a mask had fallen from his face. “I’ll no longer be able to go anywhere near that piece of tash anyway, so I guess there’s no point in me living anymore.”

“Oh, you bet!” I used all of my force to get past Yoongi and finally, he was in my hands. The wall cracked a bit as I threw him across the room. “Not only you won’t be able to revenge your best friend, but you’ll also never be able to meet him. ‘Cause while he roams the world doing what you hate the most,” I whispered from above him, while pulling him up from the floor with no real effort, “you’ll serve as the first meal for the creature you hate so deeply.”

Taehyung’s betrayal was like a needle sting while the thought of Namjoon dying of his hand was driving me closer to madness. I didn’t think much as I allowed myself to pick on the fregrance of his blood flowing in the artery of his neck. Such delirious murder, my first meal!

“Ha Young, stop.” Yoongi was suddenly annoying me. So I let a low growl escape my lips, like one of those savage cats that do not allow anthing else around their prey. “He’s the only one who can find Seokjin.”

***

“I don’t like this, Yoongi,” I complained for the nth time as I watched Taehyung from the corner of my eyes as he was giving instructions to Hoseok and Jimin. “Can he really be trusted?”

“I don’t know,” the elder admitted. “But right now he’s Hoseok’s only hope. I wonder what’s keeping Namjoon for so long,” he added with a whisper as we both watched the light dimming outside our windows.

“You’re not keeping me away from looking for Seokjin! He’s my best friend!”

“He’s my friend as well, so I’ll do my best. We’ll all do out best to find him. But I need you to –”

“Na-ah, it’s not happening! I’m going on my own if you don’t want to take me!” I could hear Hoseok’s desperation in his cracking voice. He was on the verge of tears, barely holding on. “What if he’s… gone? What if something bad happened to him? He’s a weakling, can’t do for himself! I need to be there, Jimin. I need to!”

“Hoseok…”

“Let him be,” I spoke, startling the two. “If it turns out he was taken by a vampire we’ll just have to devide out attention between saving Seokjin and keeping Hoseok safe. But that’s totally fine with you, isn’t it?”

“What are you…?” Hoseok’s eyes were swimming in tears, widen with the shock.

“I mean, if we’re attacked or have to attack, we, you know, the ones with supernatural powers, we’ll have to protect you, a human as well as save Seokjin,” I looked him straight in the eyes just to see my words hitting the right spot. “And if we can’t, will you be alright with us choosing who to save? You or Seokjin.”

“No! Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter