The Whispers

Young Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wish I were that strong, I wish that moment of cold realization would have lasted more than just a couple of seconds like it did in reality. But I am a being made of desires, one stronger than another, one more demanding than all others. So even though I knew whose body I was leaning over, whose face I was staring at, I still couldn’t stop myself from listening to the call of the blood.

“Stop, Kwon Ha Young! This is not you,” Jimin tried to talk me out of it as I gently lifted Seokjin’s body to bring it to my mouth.

“That’s exactly who she is,” I head Namjoon replying, somehow proud. 

“Is no one going to stop her?!”

“I don’t think there’s someone who wants to die, to be quite honest,” Yoongi’s voice gave him out, he too was on the edge.

Click!

“If you’re not doing it, I am!”

Bang!

Death is indeed painless and somehow sweet. The moon shone brightly above me as I collapsed and fell and fell and fell. My fingers curled stiff reached out for something to grab on just before I hit the ground with a loud thud! scaring the birds above in the trees. I was dead before reaching the pavement. Yet why was I so aware of the faces surrounding me? Namjoon holding me, Jimin shouting and Yoongi moving faster than ever before.

“Can you hear me, Ha Young?” My maker was calling me not just with words, but with his entire being, our bond twisting and turning around my soul, burning while looking for me to draw me out. Yet my lips remained sealed, my eyes closed like dead.

“Of course she can hear you! She’s not dead. She’s just paralyzed,” Taehyung puffed disgusted. “I shot her with one of these babies. She should be just fine in a day or two.”

Ah, my death meant being stuck in my body with no where to go.

“I’m going to kill you one of this days.” So serene, Namjoon’s promise was soaked in invisible poison.

“Looking forward to, monster.” And Taehyung laughed. “But we should really go. That was no normal attack and we’re exposed.”

“I’ll take Ha Young home and return for you.”

“I’ll be fine. I’m a vampire slayer after all.” Taehyung’s chuckle was visible even for the closed-eyed me.

Then it got silent, only wind rustling all around me. It felt like floating into open space, with nothing to hold onto. But I knew I was safe and sound because Namjoon kept telling me that. So I fell asleep once again.

At first it was like that static noise you hear in between radio channels. Then it got louder and louder until I could barely hear my own thoughts. So I had to open my eyes.

“Why are you so loud?” The words hissed out of me like sizzling oil making Yoongi turn to me with a cocked eyebrow.

“Pardon?”

“Why are you so damn loud?! It makes my head spin!”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Then you must have thought it. Has anyone kill that Taehyung bastard?” I stretched my stiff body as if having risen from the dead.

“Don’t think so.”

“Well then, the pleasure will be all mine. What?”

“You can’t leave your apartment.” It was, hmmm, a friendly warning. Yoongi’s hand was already on my shoulder the moment I showed the intention to stand up. His eyes were warning me not to move, his tensed body proved he was ready to tackle me down if needed.

“I’m not really going to kill him, what the heck?!” I tried laughing it off, but remained seated. “Will you stop already?! You’re thinking too loudy!” I frowned feeling as if I had a headache. Which should have been impossible.

“I wasn’t thinking of anything. I was listening. Are you sure you’re alright? Maybe that bullet you took was stronger than we thought.”

“What do you mean? I can still hear you. Or someone! It’s like a continuous buzzing. Can’t you hear it?”

“Nope.”

He was measuring me as if I was on the death roll or something. But the buzzing was there. And it wasn’t just a buzzing. It was more like a bunch of people whispering among themselves in the next room when the door is slightly ajar and you’re trying to sleep, so you can’t really hear what they’re saying, but you can still hear them being there.

“How’s Seokjin?” I hid my terror under an apparent mask of casualty while looking at my trimmed nails. Someone had cut my nails while I was asleep….

“Dying.”

“That’s not funny.”

“I’m not trying to be funny. It’s a fact. And we can’t save him,” he cracked his shoulders as if shrugging.

I stared at him long, trying to read something on his porcelain like face. Was it something that I did that was preventing them from saving him or what? “How about a doctor? That sounds like a good idea since he’s a human, huh?”

“Not with his wounds. How would we explain the biting marks that look nothing like an animal’s or the multiple fractures and other cuts? There’s no logical expla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter