Jin

Young Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My fall had been like a continuous delirium, with no one reaching out to catch me as I approached the ground at the speed of an asteroid. Now, roles reversed and I was the only safety net for the becoming vampire Seokjin. And as he was falling I could only see him, our bond a thin string wrapping around his limbs and body, slowing his dive to calm floating. Everything else was a continuous waiting.

The moment we shared blood I knew him for what he had been till then point his heart stopped: his dreams, his hopes, his feelings, everything exposed to me like a dissected heart for me to see every chamber, every corner. And when his heart stopped I saw what he was becoming: a dangerous predator, oh, so beautiful and ready to bring damnation!

Anger?

Maybe.

Anguish?

Perhaps.

Bitterness?

Close enough.

It was like a black hole pulling both of us in an infinite vortex, each on the other side without being able to reach each other. Yet another love was seeding inside of me, proudly sprouting on what was almost barren land. But with all the light that was growing in between us, there was darkness too, a bit too much for my liking, making me feel uneasy when Seokjin opened his eyes to stare right into mine. Because only silence followed through.

***

“I don’t know! How many times do I have to say it?! I just don’t know!” I hissed, exasperated even by the slightest sigh coming from Hoseok. “I can’t hear him. It’s just… dead silent. I think I got something wrong,” I whispered, looking at Namjoon who was leaning against the wall, keeping his distance from my troubles.

“There’s nothing that could’ve gone wrong. I watched it. I saw him and there was nothing wrong with him,” Yoongi tried to calm me down, unfortunately unsuccessful.

“Then I’m the one who’s broken!”

“Ha Young…”

I hid my face behind my palms, trying to feel something that would stop the spiral pulling me down. Believe it or not, I was having a panic attack. Seokjin was freaking me out, the silence flowing from him into me emptying me of all emotions. And that’s all he was doing: staring at me with dark eyes, pressuring me with his stillness. If only he would have smashed something, throw a fit or go bananas for blood!

Jimin’s burning hand on my shoulder sneaked some light into my veins, stopping the madness from going too far in. “It’s alright, maybe he needs Hoseok and not you right now. He is his best friend after all.”

“I don’t think that’s too safe,” Taehyung appeared out of nowhere, after being MIA for days. “I think the others did something to him, break him or something like that. What?” He frowned when Yoongi zoomed right at him, pushing him against the wall. “It’s just that I’ve never heard of makers not being able to hear their offspring, that’s all. Look, he was right about dead when we found him and if the one who bit him before you –”

“No, it’s not like that,” I shook my head. “I can feel him, it’s just that… he’s faint, barely there or very far away. It creeps me out!” I admitted for once out loud.

“That’s why you should let Hoseok go to him,” Jimin spoke again.

“Yeah, let me go to him. He’ll speak to me. He must…”

But Hoseok too was afraid, reeking of fear from miles away, the perfect prey.

“Namjoon,” I called out for the first time, noticing he too was quiet on the inside. Only when he turned his eyes to me I understood: it wasn’t him, it was me. “Excuse me, I’m going back to Seokjin’s room,” I just walked away before hearing something I wouldn’t like.

Seokjin was there, sitting by the window as if waiting for the darkness outside to reach in or maybe for the moon to fall on Earth. Perhaps he too was waiting for an understanding of what was happening, of why was everything so broken.

“Hello there,” I smiled a crooked smile and sat right across from him, on the floor.

“Don’t say ‘darkness my old friend’,” Seokjin said, startling me.

“You can speak!”

“Duh!”

“Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter