Pray For You

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day-2 before wedding…….

“Donghae’s been brought to the operating theatre.”

The words echoed through Ryeowook’s empty head and heart. His mouth fell open, he attempted to say something but nothing was said. All he could do was feel, feel the hurt his heart was going through.

Leeteuk’s soft expression fell as he continued, “We… We don’t know what happened. Heechul and I were in the room when… When the machines went… Crazy and… His head… Started to bleed again…. They quickly brought him out to the operating theatre.”

Ryeowook clutched his shirt, knuckles going white. Leeteuk tried reaching out to Ryeowook only to have the younger stepping back, leaning against the wall. Ryeowook didn’t want to cry, he didn’t want to. But in a heartbeat, his vision blurred and he felt the warm tears running down his cheeks.

“Donghae,” Ryeowook cried quietly, furiously wiping the tears that refused to stop, “Please.”

Please.

My love.

Please be okay.

Please stay strong.

Please.

Come back to me.

***

His heart ached.

Kyuhyun watched with a heavy heart as Ryeowook curled himself up and sobbed quietly in the corners of the hallways of the hospital. The bright Ryeowook he once knew was gone and Kyuhyun swallowed a lump in his throat thinking that if anything ever happened to Donghae then… The old Ryeowook would be gone forever.

The Ryeowook that Kyuhyun fell in love with.

There was something about Ryeowook. There was something about him that when Kyuhyun first landed his eyes on the smaller man, Kyuhyun’s heart did a double flip. He’s the one. His heart believed it. His inner voice chanted it in his head and his soul felt like it had found it’s match. Kyuhyun was always a firm believer of love and soulmates and it felt like, he had found his very soulmate.

Until this very day, if you’d ask what was it about Ryeowook that made Kyuhyun fall for him, Kyuhyun would stutter and go blank. The truth was it was absolutely nothing and at the same time, it was everything about Ryeowook. They started off as strangers and colleagues who worked together. Kyuhyun would cross paths with Ryeowook and everything he did, Ryeowook would smile. Maybe there was just something about Ryeowook’s smile. Something that brought about this feeling in Kyuhyun deep in his heart.

When Kyuhyun finally plucked the courage to ask Ryeowook out, the shine in Ryeowook’s eyes were as bright as stars in the night. Kyuhyun loved it, loved seeing the look of surprise and elatedness emitted from Ryeowook. It was absolutely stunning, Ryeowook was amazingly perfect. Ryeowook agreed and Kyuhyun remembered how he spent every walking minute just dwelling on what he would wear for the date.

But things happened, Kyuhyun was forced to bail out on the date and….

Ryeowook met Donghae.

Everytime he thought about this, Kyuhyun would chuckle bitterly because who would have thought that it would be Kyuhyun that be the one who would drive Ryeowook straight into the arms of his soulmate? Ryeowook might have been Kyuhyun’s soulmate but… For Ryeowook, it might have been someone else, for Ryeowook, it was Lee Donghae.

The moment Kyuhyun returned back to Seoul, he wanted to apologize to Ryeowook about their cancelled date and not being able to call. He felt like a complete and knew that he deserved it if Ryeowook were to hate him for life. But… When he went back to work, Kyuhyun met Ryeowook and… Ryeowook wasn’t angry or hurt.

Instead, he… Was glowing.

He looked happy and smiled even brighter than he did before. His eyes sparkled and there was this fresh aura that was transmitted around him and it felt like a stab in his heart when Kyuhyun found out that those smiles and that spark in those beautiful eyes were not because of him any longer. Someone else had jumped right in and stole Ryeowook away from him.

Lee Donghae was everything Kyuhyun wasn’t. He was blonde, handsome, had a tough body and personality and was charming in every sense. It wasn’t a surprise to Kyuhyun when he found that Ryeowook had fallen for someone like Donghae. He was your typical bad boy and everyone loved a bad-boy every now and then. The only problem was that… Kyuhyun didn’t expect for them to last as long as they did. Perhaps, Kyuhyun had thought of Donghae a little too lightly because of the tattoos and the blonde hair. He didn’t think that Donghae and Ryeowook would last long and thought that he could still win Ryeowook over.

Kyuhyun held onto the hopes of getting Ryeowook back. Donghae was often overseas for his work and through those times, Kyuhyun made himself always available for Ryeowook. Kyuhyun ensured that Ryeowook always went home with a smile on his face and he wanted to make Ryeowook realize that this would be how it would be like if they were together. But it was foolish of him because at tht end of the day, it was still Donghae.

After some time, Kyuhyun found out that Donghae apparently wasn’t your typical gangster-looking bad-boy. He was an undercover-cop -bad-boy. All Kyuhyun’s hopes of Donghae and Ryeowook breaking up eventually vanished because Kyuhyun could suddenly foresee a bright future for the couple. Donghae had a steady job, he could look out for Ryeowook and there were no reasons for the both of them to ever break up.

Days eventually turned to months and then years and soon, Ryeowook announced that he was getting married. To Donghae. Kyuhyun had never felt so heartbroken. The person he was so in love with, the person that made him feel alive was getting married to someone else. How was he supposed to live with that? He couldn’t handle the pain and so, Kyuhyun did something selfish. He began to avoid Ryeowook. He didn’t think he could be able to stand the pain of knowing that his loved one was getting married to someone other than him.

Ryeowook didn’t understand. Sungmin didn’t understand. No one understood this lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter