Scintilla : Chapter 3

Scintilla (Spark)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3
Scintilla (Spark)

 

“I feel like my first conversation with someone, I really get a good feeling
about who that person is and mainly about how open they are.”
                                                                                                - Elisabeth Shue

 

All three of them gathered in one table away from any windows and perfectly out of anyone’s sight when they enter the restaurant. None of them would want to see their unknowing faces on any social media and online tabloids with twisted headlines. One of the biggest downside of being an entertainer is that you can’t even hang out with anyone publicly without eyes scrutinizing your movements and even judging you with what you eat.

“How have you guys been doing, by the way?” Soohyuk asked the persons across them which are Seunghyun and Tiffany who just handed their menu boards back to the waiter after they ordered.

“I’m good, thank you.” An eyesmile. “Getting busier for the upcoming comeback.”

The man beside her stares at the oblivious woman for a few seconds before he asked. “Wouldn’t that be next month?”

Tiffany looks at him, still wearing her smile. “Yes, uh, Mr. Choi.”

A manly chuckle. “Oppa is fine though. You’re being too formal.”

“You can even call him ahjussi if you want to.” Soohyuk added before sniggering.

“Yah! I am not that old to be considered an ahjussi, thank you very much.”

She chuckles alongside with Oliver. “Okay, oppa.” She almost cringed.

He noticed it and chuckles once again. “It’s better than with formalities.”

“Okay.” A pause. “How about you, oppa?”

“I’m fine. Getting busier and busier with all the events that are going on lately.”

“This is a late greeting but congratulations on your successful comebacks! Truly love all the songs you’ve released so far.”

“Dang.” Oliver muttered while looking at his phone with a frown when Seunghyun was about to answer.

All their attentions are now directed to him. “What happened?” Soohyuk asked, worried that it may be related to their dinner. Maybe a paparazzo or a fan noticed them and uploaded something on social media.

“Oh sorry.” Oliver said whilst pocketing his phone. “I’m sorry I can’t be with you guys tonight. I forgot I have something to do after the show. Really did slip off my mind.”

“Oh.”

“I thought we got caught and people are already feasting on it for a second.” Soohyuk said, finally able to breathe properly.

“Sorry.” He said apologetically before he stood up and slightly bowed at the men and woman sitting in front and beside him.

“It’s okay, oppa.”

“You could escape without me right?” He grinned.

“Of course. Go ahead, Oliver. Thanks for driving us all here.” Seunghyun said.

“My pleasure and I’m really sorry. It’ll be on me the next time we get a chance to have dinner.” He bid them goodbye once again before he walks out of the restaurant to his car.

“I’ll cancel his order and..” Soohyuk stands up “..call of nature.” He continued before living the table.

There’s a brief awkward pause between the two remain persons in the table before Seunghyun decided to break it. “So where are we again?” Eyes landing back onto the woman.

“Uh, the congratulations on your comeback part?”

“Ah, right. You’re not being biased with your opinion, are you?” he with a grin.

Her eyebrows shoot up with a fake and playful gasp, finding their conversation a little bit comfortable than earlier, before shaking her head. “Definitely not. It’s true, the songs are really good. I especially like ‘Loser’.”

“I see.” He’s smiling now.

“I’d really thought the comeback songs were going to be hiphop-edm-rnb type of song.”

“Because that’s what we usually release?”

“Other than that, songs that are under those genres are the trend right now.”

“True but releasing a song that portrays or says something from what’s within you or your emotions is much better than just to get along with the trend.” He says nonchalantly and felt his thigh vibrating and being followed by a ringtone.

He stares at the screen for a moment before he looks up. “I’ll just take this, Tiffany-ssi. I’ll be right back.”

“Sure oppa, take your time.” She said with a smile before Seunghyun answered it before standing up, walking towards an unoccupied place in the restaurant.

Tiffany stares at the man who’s talking on his phone for a moment before she looks away. Finding what he said intriguing yet at the same time amusing. Intriguing in a sense that she knew and memorized the lyrics of the song, she knew his line and a question hits her.

 

So he really had his own share of one night stands huh?
A common question once you’ve heard his lyrics but uncommon when the one who wrote and rapped it is this man, Choi Seunghyun, the man people consider as reserve and mysterious. She saw his eyes earlier when he’s talking about it, she saw the longing, the pain and loneliness behind them. One of the things that Tiffany is great at is observing people, she saw those emotions before he expertly covered it by taking his phone. Another question formed.

How long have you been lonely, Seunghyun oppa?
She may not be able to get the answer of it since it’s a very sensitive and personal question, considering their status – merely an acquaintance – but she’s curious. Curiosity kills the cat they say and she might turn into that cat if she tries to pry. It’s an off limit question and she knows it but a woman can freely think of a question right? Answered or unanswered.

 

Her thoughts are interrupted when Soohyuk finally comes back.

“Hey. Where is hyung?” Soohyuk said, finally done canceling the order and gone through the call of nature. He takes a sit.

“Oh. He’s answering a call.”

Soohyuk’s about to look for him when Seunghyun came back. “Sorry for waiting.”

“You do not have any forgotten meetings or something, do you?”

“None. Just a call from my sister.”

 

The rest of the dinner became lively, much to their relief. There’s no dead air, each of them threw t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter