Chap8: Drunken kiss

Crossed Fates

The following day Eun-ji sat next to Shin Hye.

“Shin Hye… you’ve been looking lost these few days. Please, talk to me about it” Eun-Ji insisted, but she still didn’t want to talk. Instead of putting on a gloomy face she tried shaking it off and wore a smile on her face.

“Uhmmn… Eun-Ji are you guys going to any party today?”

“Ah? But you said you don’t like those kinds of things?” Eun-ji looked at her stunned.

“I know… but what’s the problem with trying something different, right?”

“I guess so…” She said to her. “Oh that’s right! Today’s Wook’s birthday, 4th of October”

“It is? I didn’t know about that….” Shin Hye looked surprised. “I should try and find a way to apologize to him and wish him a happy birthday…” she thought to herself.

“Ah yeah, Sehun, kai and D.O. told me yesterday when they went out partying with Wook. Those idiots are actually skipping classes together with him since they partied too much” Eun-Ji gave a small giggle.

“Anyways, we wanted to throw a party at his house to celebrate his birthday today only between us friends” Eun-Ji added.

“That’s cool” Shin Hye smiled. “I’ll be going home then and text me the details later”

“Okay…” Eun-Ji kept looking at Shin Hye as she left.

“Hmmnn… That was out of her character….” Eun-Ji mumbled. “Wait… she won’t be in-between lots of people, just us so…. If she drinks with us, then yes that will be out of her character” She corrected herself.

“Now… I need to go talk to Wook since those magnificent idiots are probably sleeping” she recollected herself.


Knock knock

“HEY WOOK! OPEN THE DOOR! I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE! STOP HIDING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL AND OPEN THIS GOD DAMN DOOR” Eun-Ji yelled her lungs out outside his house as he opened the door, since she also knew he's been avoiding Shin Hye.

“YAAH! I know that’s you Eun-Ji stop yelling like a market lady! We’re trying to sleep here!” Kai yelled from the back.

“What is it?” Wook asked after kai finished.

“Jeez, do you have to give such a gloomy face when it’s your birthday?” Eun-Ji hissed. “Anyways I wanted to ask if you want to celebrate it by throwing a party at your place”

“Why don’t we just go to a disco or something…” Wook commented.

“Eun-ji will be coming to your birthday” She added as he stared at her in silence.

“She doesn’t like partying” He pointed out.

“Yes, I know… but she said she wanted to go party today out of the blue, she probably is just wanting to go and take her hurt away… so I thought it would be better if it was just between us friends” She remarked.

“We can throw the party at my place then…” He ended up agreeing.

“Great… Tell the guys to bring the drinks and that I’ll bring the snacks along with Shin Hye” She told him.

“Okay… then the party starts at 4 pm” He said to her.

“Got it” She smiled as she texted the details to Shin Hye.


From: Eun-Ji

Wook said party starts at 4 pm! We have to bring snacks.

Shin Hye received her message and smiled as she had been trying to write Wook a happy birthday message, “I don’t know what to say to him….” But she ended up being able to come up with something.

To: Wook

Uhmmn… Hi Wook, I’m really sorry about last time… Anyways, I wanted to wish you a happy birthday and say that I’m really thankful you were born ^-^ I don’t really have anything to give as a gift at your birthday party but if you want I can cook something nice as a gift…”

 

And in seconds, he texted back...

From: Wook

In that case, you better get over here and start cooking ;) There’s only an hour left to start the party

So, she grabbed her ingredients from the fridge and cabinets and put them in plastic bags. She quickly headed to his place and knocked on his door.

“Knock it off Eun-Ji! People are trying to sle....” Kai opened the door abruptly. “….ep… Oh hey Shin Hye” He changed his expression to a good one.

“You guys can start waking up now and go fetch the drinks… we’re partying in an hour” Wook said from the back.

“What drinks do you want us to bring?” Sehun asked as he noticed that Shin Hye was at the door.

“Vodka, beer, fruity drinks to mix and whatever else you guys want to bring” He said to him.

“Got it” Sehun smiled as he smacked D.O’s back.

“Dude, I’m trying to sleep” he complained as Sehun Whispered “Let’s leave Wook alone with Shin Hye for a bit” and D.O quickly got up.

“Yo, kai! Let’s get some booze!” Sehun said from afar as he walked with D.O towards Kai.

“Now?!” Kai fussed about it.

“Yes, now!” He placed his arm around him and the three of them walked out. “See you soon, Shin Hye” Sehun smiled at her.

“See yah!” She did the same back. As she looked forward, Wook stood in front of her.

“Give me the bags, I’ll bring them to the kitchen” he said as he snatched it from her hands.

“Ah… thanks” She smiled.

Both headed to the kitchen and began taking out the groceries. “So what are we making?”

“Dumplings and spicy rice cakes” She told him. “And I’m making not ‘we”” she corrected him.

“Let me help you” he smiled.

“No... let me do it since I wanted to make you this as an apology for last time” she reminded him as she lift his spatula up, which made him chuckle since to him she was just acting cute.

So, he stood back and noticed the blankets all over the place, so he went to tidy it up.

“Where is his pots…” She wondered as she searched his cabinets. Until, she saw it on the very top row of the upper cabinet “So High…” she thought but tried reaching for it anyways.

And before she knew it a pair of long arms came from behind her and reached for the pans, which caused her to turn around and become startled with how close they were.

Wook took his attention off the pans and looked at her which caused both their hearts to beat uncontrollably. Both remembered when they were about to kiss, when he was tickling her which made Shin Hye go shy and Wook wanting to .

He then placed the pans on the counter and placed his hands on the counter as he cut the distance between them.

“You…you’re too close wook” Shin Hye couldn’t look him in the eyes.

“Don’t worry, I won’t kiss you” Wook smiled. “Unless… you let me help you”

“Here, take it” she gave him the spatula in nervousness and with cheeks as red as tomatoes. “It’s all yours” she added as he grabbed it and chuckled from how adorable she was acting.

After a while they finished the spicy rice cakes and were finishing the dumplings.

“Shin Hye” He called her which caused her to naturally turn to look at him, asking “What is it…” and she got hit with a bit of flour.

“Yaah!” She laughed and threw some back, which caused both of them to start giggling and continued to go into a flour fight.

“Take this!” Wook giggled as he was hugging her from the back trying to rub flour on her face.

“Wow you guys really floured the place” Kai commented as he walked in which made them to quickly push each other away.

“You guys sure had fun” Sehun smiled as he slapped Kai’s back “Let’s prepare the table in the lounge”

“Do you guys need any help?” D.O asked as he saw them.

“Ah yeah… take these plates of spicy rice cakes to the table” Wook gave him the stuff as Shin hye passed by Wook, bringing the dumplings.

As everyone went to the living room and organized the stuff, Eun-Ji also came in with the snacks.They all started their party and began drinking and eating.

“Aren’t you drinking?” D.O asked Shin Hye.

“Naah, I’m good” She smiled. “I’ll just drink water”

“This is a party” Kai said to Shin Hye “At least have a beer”

“Okay…” she smiled. “Drinking a beer won’t have much effect so it’s fine” she thought as Wook just watched her.

After a while everyone was joking and laughing while drinking and before Shin Hye knew it she was already on her third beer.

Knock knock

Someone else came knocking at his door, his cousin. He came in with a bottle of martini. “I brought you a gift dude!” He said to him excitedly with a big smile on his face as Wook opened the door and he came in.

Shin Hye didn’t really notice his presence in the beginning, because she was too busy remembering Seung-ho cheating on her. The more she thought about it, the more she was gulping down soju and beer down .

Everyone already knew his cousin since he usually joined them at night for partying.

“Who’s the girl?” He asked as he spotted Shin Hye. “She’s pretty cute”

“She’s my long-term girlfriend, we’ve been dating for 7 years” Wook responded to him smiling.

“Really? And you hid it from me all these years?!” His cousin was dumbfounded.

As Shin Hye over heard it, she quickly in a tiny drunken manner giggled saying “Stop joking around…. I’m not your girlfriend” she signalled it with also moving her index finger left and right.

“You lied…” His cousin looked at him sideways as he placed the martini on the table.

“Yeah, but don’t touch her…. She has a boyfriend” He warned him.

“Don’t worry…” He said to him as he filled a cup for each on the table with vodka mixed with gooseberry. “There’s mixed drinks here for you guys, if you want” he warned everyone.

“Let’s play video games for a bit” He suggested to all the guys.

“Great! Let’s take turns then” Sehun got all hyped as he sat near the TV.

“Whoever loses, drinks a shot” Kai implied.

“Deal” D.O and Wook agreed with him as the other two nodded along with it.

“Who goes first?” Wook looked at them.

“How about me and your cousin over here, Luhan” Sehun proposed as he wrapped his arm around Luhan’s shoulder.

“Okay, then Wook and I go next” Said kai grinning, confident that if it’s against Wook he’ll win.

“Take that grin off your face, you won’t beat me” He put Kai right off.

“Okay then I go against whoever loses in this round afterwards” D.O warned them smiling.

“Okay then let’s start…” Sehun rubbed his hands together all fired up to win the round.

While they began playing you could see they were really excited, they were making noises and insulting each other on how they were going to lose. And as they did so, Kai was talking to Wook and D.O was talking to Eun-ji, while Shin Hye without them paying much attention was just drinking her heart away without even thinking about it.

“Juice?” Shin Hye muttered as she looked at the gooseberry on the cup.

“OOOO….OOOOHH” Kai noticed Shin Hye as she drank 5 of those cups that were mixed with vodka in one shot.

Eun-Ji’s eyes widened “Yaah! Shin Hye! Did you drink all our cups?!”

“It’s juice” she smiled. She looked so loaded already.

“That’s pure vodka with juice!” She grabbed the cup from her hand.

“It was?!” She lifted herself up going a bit from side to side. “Oops…..” she mumbled under her breath as her head fell on Eun-ji’s shoulder.

“D.O help me place her back on the couch she’s weighing me a bit” She asked for his help and he quickly put her back on the couch and Wook quickly sat next to her.

“She doesn’t look like she can handle her alcohol” Luhan commented as he kept on playing against Sehun.

“….and she can’t…” Wook muttered as he patted her cheeks. “Yaah… why are you drinking like this when you said you don’t like really drinking”

“Shin Hye-ah….” Eun-Ji called for her gently as she crouched in front of her and pushed her hair behind her ear “What exactly did he do to you?”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to ask her that…” D.O warned her.

“Why not? She doesn’t really speak out when she’s sober and I’m worried about her, so I might as well ask her when she’s drunk"

“Well usually people are most honest when they’re drunk…” D.O nodded along.

“I won!” Sehun yelled in happiness. “Drink up my friend” He patted Luhan’s shoulder.

“Our turn, Wook” Kai called for him as he sat on the seat.

“Going…” He responded. “Watch over her for a bit” He said worriedly to Eun-Ji as he sat on the seat and began to also game with D.O.

“Yo Sehun, your phone is ringing” Kai warned as he was gaming since he left his phone next to the TV. So, he quickly answered.

“Okay, okay… I’m going” He responded diligently to a girl over the phone.

“Who was it?” Luhan asked out of curiosity.

“My younger sis, she’s needs me to go fetch her from the hospital”

“Let me go with you!” Luhan quickly grasped onto him.

“Why?” He looked at him sideways.

“You know I have a crush on your sis” He gave him a big smile which earned him another side stare.

“Help a dude out” He gave another smile.

“Fine” Sehun gave in. “We’re going out guys, we’ll come back later”

“Okay!” Everyone smiled.

“Talk to me Shin Hye” Eun-ji was trying to get her to take off some weight from her shoulders.

“Eun-Ji – ah….” Shin Hye spoke low and with cute voice.

“Hmmmn” Eun-Ji looked at her.

“Seung-ho… doesn’t love me” she giggled as Eun-ji just tried to hear her out. “Why is that?”

“All he does is hurt me….” She mumbled with her eyes closed. “Urgghhh…. I don’t feel to good” She added as she wrapped her arms around her stomach.

“Okay, okay. Go to the bathroom” Eun-ji told her as she helped her get to the bathroom.

Once Shin Hye got there, she looked in the mirror and felt like she wanted to cry. “Don’t go crying now…” She pointed to the mirror “You’ll only look pathetic” she gave a straight face until she let out a small giggle. “What am I saying… I already look pathetic…” she spoke really drunkly as she pulled her hair back and sat on the toilet. She thought she wanted to vomit but that wasn’t it. Although she was still feeling sick.

“Wook! I don’t think Shin Hye is feeling okay!” Eun-Ji called for him as she stood behind the bathroom door and quickly took a peek seeing her only sitting there.

“I think it’s best for her to sleep” She suggested as he arrived to the bathroom.

“She can sleep on my bed” He said as he quickly went to the bathroom and picked her up in a princess like manner.

“Oh… I’m floating” she mumbled on Wook’s chest which cause him to chuckle as he heard her. Since his lounge and his bedroom were together it was fast to take her to the bed. He gently placed her on the soft bed and pushed the blankets to cover her.

“Try and get some rest” he whispered as he went back to gaming with Kai. But because she was so irritated with herself and so mad at Seung-ho, she did everything but sleep. Yep! She took off the blankets, walked forward and fell on her two cheeks “… I fell” she mumbled complaining.

She then saw her phone ringing and crawled towards it “ Tskk...” she hissed and turned the call down as soon as she noticed it was her boyfriend and threw it sideways.

“Yaah… You should be resting” D.O quickly helped her up as he noticed her on the floor.

“You’re so sweet…. D.O” she grinned at him.

“Okay… okay, your drunk go to sleep” He giggled and took her back to the bed. But, it only lasted a second… and out she was again.

“Yo dude, I need to go back to my apartment quick I think one of my roommates trashed my room” He said hurrying out as he saw a picture of a girl with his room upside down.

“O...okay, hey D.O come play with me” Wook said to him as he handed him the remote and saw Shin Hye out of the bed. “Go back to the bed Shin Hye” He glared at her and she quickly pouted “NO!”

“Let’s just let her move around” Eun-Ji suggested while watching her. “She’s probably just really bothered”

And so, they listened and went back to their gaming positions until she started getting a call again and looked for her phone. When she found it she saw it was him calling again, she started going ballistic and yelling at her phone “Why?! Why don’t you leave me alone?! You don’t care about me anyways!”

And next thing you know her phone flew across the room which caught all their attention. Just as she threw it she couldn’t hold her balance so she ended up stumbling against the centre table, and before you knew it “SMASH!” a full bottle of pure vodka smashes all over the floor.

“Yaah, Shin Hye!” Wook quickly got up and held on to her, while D.O and Eun-Ji began trying to clean the glass pieces.

“A whole bottle” D.O seemed like he wanted to cry. “She just smashed my heart into pieces… that bottle is expensive”

“Let’s just clean up, and quickly go buy a new one” Eun-Ji nudged him. Once they finished up, both of them left to go buy a new bottle of vodka.

“A whole bottle” D.O wasn’t getting over it. So, Eun-Ji just patted his back as they walked out the door.

“Shin Hye…. Just sit here and rest, okay? Don’t go moving all over the place” He told her as he placed her on the couch and walked back to the pc, grabbed the remote and went back to gaming.

“Wook….” She walked up to him and sat on the seat next to him.

“What is it?” He asked.

“I wanna play too” She smiled at him. “I want to also game”

“Oh okay… just let me finish up here” He said as he was playing against the computer.

“You’re losing” She mumbled.

“No, I’m not” he giggled.

“Wook…” She called for him.

“Hmmmn…”

“Why doesn’t seung-ho love me?” She asked him, out of the blue as she looked down and began tearing up and he just paused the game and looked at her.

“Why didn’t he keep his promise?” she kept asking him questions. “Why? Why… why does he just hurt me” she couldn’t control her tears.

So, Wook lift up from his seat, helped her get up and hugged her “Don’t say those things….”

“Why doesn’t he love me? Am I not lovable?” She asked another question as she kept crying and Wook pulled her a bit from a him and held her face “Look at me”

“Are you looking at me?” He asked as she had her eyes closed.

“Hmmmnn…” she opened them for a sec and closed them again.

“You’re lovable, okay? He just doesn’t see that” He tried explaining it to her and as he looked at her crying face he just wanted to kiss her.

“Stop crying, okay?” He said as he kissed the tears on her eyes and cheeks.

“Nobody loves me” she mumbled and he ended up kissing her warm lips.

 


HI BEAUTIFUL READERS! :D

What do you think of this chapter? I made it much longer this time ^-^

It looks like Shin Hye might really break up with Seung-Ho very soon!

Please comment by telling your thoughts on the story :D

And thank you for not giving up on me and supporting my story! hehe Saranghae! <3