Chap3: Fate

Crossed Fates

Narrator’s POV

After the call, Shin Hye felt a bit surprised since it’s a bit out of his character to go partying. Actually that’s one of the things they had in common, they both didn’t like partying or drinking really.

Actually Shin Hye likes drinking but it’s more of a thing she likes to enjoy with her family since she knows nothing will happen to her if it’s with them. Because when it comes to a matter of drinking outside her room, she doesn’t even touch a cup.

“I wonder what time he’ll come home…” she worried as she looked at the clock on her phone. It was almost nine and her stomach grumbled.

“That’s right… I should feed you…” She smiled as she patted her stomach and walked to the kitchen and scattered the fridge for food. But it didn’t have much it only had 2 pieces of wrapped meat and a bit of kimchi stored in a plastic container.

“Ugggrr…. I guess this will have to do”

She quickly grabbed what she had, grilled the meat after spicing it up and ate it along with the kimchi.

“I seriously need to go with Seung-ho shopping at the nearby store” Shin Hye thought to herself as she finished her meal and washed the dishes.

By this time, it was already ten o’clock. She grabbed her piece of paper that contained her course’s schedule and looked up what she was going to have the next day and as she looked her face turned sour.

“Math again…. Looks like it’s the same time and room again” She mumbled as she looked at her next subject which was Financial Accounting.

“At least this class should be fun….” She thought to herself as she placed her schedule on the side table and laid in bed until finally she went to sleep, just to suddenly hear a noise in the house at something in the morning.

She looked at her alarm o’clock and it was already 5 in the morning. The door creaked and she kept in her sleeping position so that he wouldn’t know she woke up. He simply threw himself on the bed and immediately knocked out.


Beep Beep Beep

Her alarm once more sang in the morning as her boyfriend grumbled in his sleep complaining about the noise.

“Turn it down” He complained between his breath while his face was stuck on the pillow.

“Aren’t you going to your morning classes?” Shin Hye asked as she got dress in a white flexy dress along with camel knee high boots that had some fluff on the inside coming out at the top.

“Too tired.. I’ll go in the afternoon” He spoke just as he grabbed the blanket and covered his face.

“Okay, try not to skip too many classes” She worried as she grabbed her keys and her bag and quickly marched to her class just to arrive and nobody being there.

It's 9:05 and the teacher seemed like the type to come right on the mark. But I guess some teachers have their days where they themselves arrive late.

After another five minutes nobody was still around, neither the teacher or her classmates. Until Wook appeared.

“Oh, how come you’re alone? where’s the rest? Hasn’t the teacher arrived?” He threw her a bunch of questions.

“I don’t know and it’s almost 9:15” Shin Hye checked her phone to make sure.

“Maybe they changed rooms…” He tried guessing as he grabbed his phone and went to the online schedule “Let’s see…”

“Oh…” He gave a surprised look on his face.

“What?” Shin Hye asked.

“We don’t have class, they moved it to 11 am” He looked at her as a smile formed on his face.

“Why are you giving such a weird smile?” her eyes frowned in suspicion.

Shin Hye’s POV

What is he up to….. Is face is telling me “trouble” all over the place.

“I think you and I are fated” He blurted nonsense out.

“What? And what the heck makes you think that?” I asked. Seriously this guy must be like my grandma, he must be suffering from dementia.

“Well… think about it. Yesterday you and I collided. Then we find out we’re in the same class and now only the both of us mistakenly came to class at the wrong hour” He brought out a bunch of possibilities.

“That’s just pure coincidence” I rolled my eyes as I walked away from the classroom door and down the corridor.

“I’m telling you! We were really meant to meet” He said happily.

“Well I guess we all meet a bunch of people for a reason…” I mumbled as he quickly popped up in front of me. What the heck?! Teleportation?

“Let’s go to my house and get to know each other” He once more is able to dream on.

“No”

“We’re fated anyways so let’s go and have some fun” He excitedly spouted nonsense out of his mouth.

“First, let me repeat myself… NO! Second just because you believe we’re fated doesn’t mean I’m going to jump right away into bed with you and THIRD of all I have a boyfriend” I warned him as I brushed my shoulder against his and continued walking.

“Wait? What? You’re lying right?” He quickly once more stopped me from walking by standing in front of me once more.

“Lying about what?” God! What does this guy not understand?

“The boyfriend thing….”

“That wasn’t a lie” And I kept walking until he grabbed my arm.

“Well then have a coffee with me” He said smiling.

Hmmmn…. I guess having a coffee with him, wouldn’t kill. It’s not like I’m cheating on Seung-ho I’m just having a coffee with someone, so it should be fine right?

“Come on, it’s not like we have a lot to do here and there’s still like two hours until actual class starts”

“I guess it’s okay…” I ended up agreeing to his offer.


“I’ll pay for my coffee” I told him since I didn’t want him paying my stuff. I know Seung-Ho wouldn’t like that.

“I’m a guy, let me do my job. I may like playing with girls but I don’t like a girl paying for her stuff when I’m the one that invited” he firmly said as he quickly paid for my coffee.

The both of us took a seat as we placed our coffees on the table and began sipping on it.

“So where exactly are you from?” He started asking me questions.

“A village” I answered.

“Any brothers or sisters?” He threw another question.

“I have an oppa named Jung Il Woo he’s 23 and he’s an engineer; I have a unni, Son Na Eun, she’s 21 and just finished her analysis course and I also have a donsaeng, he’s Park Bo Gum and he’s 17. He’s really smart he’s finishing high school and he’s also planning to be an engineer” I explained.

“That’s cool, so you’re all a bunch a smart people” He chuckled.

“Not really, since I’m the black sheep of the family as one would say”

“What do you mean?” He sipped his coffee.

“I at math” I giggled as I scratched the back of my head. I feel kind of embarrassed for being the dumbest in my family.

“I’m really good at it want me to help you?” He kindly offered to help me.

“Hmmmn…. Are you really wanting to help me or are you just trying to find ways to just flirt with me?” I don’t trust him…. He’s too much of a flirt, and if I hang out with him too much Seung-Ho will probably get jealous….

“I’ll genuinely help you with no tricks up my sleeve” He quickly held my hands while stating that.

“…. Fine I guess, I do need the help anyways. But for starters try not to get too touchy touchy with me. Like I said I have a BOY-FRIEND” I reminded him.

“God you don’t have to remind me” he pouted.

After some time, passed I finally went to classes but like I thought…. Maths seems too complicated for me it’s like, a language invented from out of space. I feel like it’s worse than alien language. I’d probably learn that much better.

For the rest of the day I had classes until 7 at night and it seemed like the sun was fading away faster and darkness began knocking in much earlier.

As I got into the house, once more no sign of Seung-Ho. I went to check his schedule and from the looks of it, his classes ended at 5 pm, so I tried to phone him but this time he didn’t answer.

I tried again one hour later and still nothing. What the heck is he doing?!

Since Eun-Ji gave me her number I quickly phoned her “Uhmmmn… hey”

“Hi, what’s up” She gave off a bubbly voice.

“Do you want to go to the mart with me? My boyfriend doesn’t seem like he’ll be home so soon and I didn’t want to go alone…” I explained. Seriously I didn’t want to go alone at night it’s too scary. Plus, I overheard someone say that some student got knifed a few days ago near here during the night.

“Uhmmm okay, go stand in front of the starry night coffee shop that’s near the school’s canteen building in half an hour”

“Thanks, Eun-Ji” At least I don’t have to go alone anymore.

After half an hour I waited in front of the coffee shop like she said but I didn’t see any sight of her. Instead Wook appeared before me.

“What are you doing here?” I curiously asked.

“To take you out” He smiled.

 


Hey my lovely beautiful readers!!! <3

Thank you for not finding it boring so far ^-^ I get worried sometimes haha

I hope you're enjoying the story :)

Please leave a comment if possible I'd love to know your thoughts on the story, plus it lights up my spirit to continue writting :3

Love you all!!!! Saranghae <3