Chap15: Let's stop

Crossed Fates

“WHERE ARE YOU?!” Seung-Ho blew his top over the phone.

Shin Hye took a deep breath as she responded coldly “Is that how you ask me where I am?” She let go of some air. “It’s not... Is everything ok? You haven’t come home for days... Did something happen?”

“DON’T PISS ME OFF! AND YOU BETTER NOT LIE TO ME EITHER” He warned her.

“...” She became silent.

“I’m no where...” She didn’t want to tell him.

Suddenly she heard laughter over the phone. “Waah.... you’ve become fearless... but wrong answer” which made her once more go quiet.

“Shin Hye.... maybe this will help you make your decision. Look to the end of your right”

As she looked to her right and looked between the crowd. She gulped.

“See me” He waved his hand as he motioned his hand signalling her to come next to him.

“How did you...?” She became worried as she looked back seeing Wook in line.

“Do I need to go fetch you or are you walking over here with your two legs” He threatened her.

“Just stay there... I’m coming...” She answered him as she smiled at Wook from the table and he smiled back innocently “I’ll put a stop to this today.... whatever the consequences may be...” she thought to herself.

By the time Wook turned his attention back to the counter to get attended, Shin Hye had left to meet up with him.

As Wook was about to make his order he felt his phone vibrating in his jeans pocket. He quickly checked his text message.

From: Shin Hye

Message: Thanks for having fun with me

“What is she on about?”he mumbled feeling something weird from the message. He quickly glanced back to just notice that she wasnt there anymore.

“Sir, are you not going to order?” the worker asked.

“Ah... sorry, no.” as he ran out to check where she was. He looked left, forward, right as he noticed her disappearing between the crowd with somebody, although he coudn’t decipher properly who the other figure was.

“She wouldn’t...” He thought of the possibility of it being Seung-Ho.

He tried calling her multiple times as he ran between the people trying to catch up to her but she wouldn’t answer.

“Arggh... he became frustated. She’s so stupid!” He muttered as he tried keeping up with them to make sure nothing would happen to her.


Shin Hye’s POV

I can’t believe I’m doing this.

I was standing right in front of the person whom I used to love so much but have come to hate so dearly.

“Let’s go” he grabbed my wrist harshly as I also took a grip of the wrist that was hurting me. “Let go!”

“I won’t run away... I’ll follow you” I said to him looking straight at his eyes.

“You better” He said with a pissed off expression as he let loose of my wrest and stuck his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket.

I began following his foot steps while looking at how cold his back has become. He was wearing the woolen hoodie that I had given him on his birthday.

By the time we arrived we were back to our supposed to be called ‘home’.

“Let’s talk inside” he said as the cold air surrounded us.

As I took each step going up the staircase that reached the front door, my nervous system was about to explode. It was nerve wrecking.

“Seung-Ho...” I mumbled as he was in the corridor already. I just stood next to the door leaving it open.

I was too scared to take any more steps forward. If I was going to do anything I would rather do it at the entry so that I would at least have time to escape.

“Close the door” He turned to look at me.

“No...” I gulped as he showed that nasty smirk of his and bit his bottom lip.

I might as well cut to the case since he’s only going to play mental games with me...

“Seung-ho...” I looked directly at him which made me stiffen.

Dot it now... don’t let him get to you...

“... Let’s put an end to this” I looked straight at him trying to show no fear.

“What?!” he reacted.

“Let’s break up”

“And what made you think I’d want to break up with you?” he responded.

“Seung-ho!” I became frustrated as i clenched my fists in fear.

“Bad beginnings lead to bad results! We were not okay from the beginning! The moment you cheated and I went back to you it became a bad start. It was the wrong the decision which is why you and I are the way we are right now!” I began blurting my feelings out as much as my heart hurt.

He moved his head in anger as I could see him gulping his saliva down his throat as if he’s trying to hold himself from laying his hands on me.

He slowly walked close to me as he changed his expression to a softer one and held my wrest.

“I was wrong I won’t hurt you anymore”

“No Seung-Ho... You’re trying to glue together a vase thats broken. No matter how hard you patch it together it will always have the cracks and it will only eventually break again”

He began laughing as he tightened his grip.

‘He’s gone insane...’ I mentally went in to a state of panic.

“Well I thought the sweet talk would work but I guess it didn’t. I don’t think you understand your situation but unless I say anything you can’t go anywhere”

“Yaah Seung-Ho! I told you it stops here! Let go!” He pushed the door to close as he began pulling me forcefully by my wrest.

‘Wook! Help!” I mentally called for him just to suddenly hear the door not slam but somebody’s tired breath and a hand wrapped on the side of the door stopping it from closing.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I could hear Wook’s irritated voice.