Chapter 2

Your Own Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO

 

 

Joy flopped down onto her bed, burying her face on the pillow. She just stayed like that for a while until the latter decided to change her position and stared at the ceiling.

 

“Haahh…”

 

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she thought about what had happened today.

 

--

“Hey ert, give me my pants back!” Joy shouted as she crossed her hands in front of her thighs.

 

“I’m not in the mood for your joke, y. Return it back or els-“

 

“Park Sooyoung.” Joy’s voice was cut off by that bamboo-girl.

 

Joy furrowed her eyebrows, “How did you know my-“

 

“It’s on your knife, thief.” The girl wasn’t shouting but Joy felt this cold sensation coming through her. Something in that girl’s voice had sent her shiver down her spine.

 

Suddenly Joy got her sane back and realized that that girl had her knife. She didn’t care if someone called her a coward -apparently, she was-. It was just the image of a bamboo-girl holding a knife and running to her at the light of speed  -- halted Joy.

 

So she turned around and saw her Canadian friend was tilting her head, staring at the yellow she wore.

 

“Damn it Wendy! I don’t have time for your loving stare right now.” She shook her head, couldn’t believe that this stupid-looking friend of hers, once got an award from Obama.

 

...and yes, The President.

 

“Just lend me your shorts, I’ll be heading home now before that living bamboo stab me”

 

But Wendy was too focused on the yellow thing. Joy almost cried,

 

“Seungwan-ah, pretty please?” She was pleading in front of the Canadian.

 

“Huh? Wh-what?” Wendy was slowly getting herself  back, she looked up into her pitiful friend's eyes.

 

Joy sighed, “Lend me yours.” pointing out at her thighs, gesturing the shape of a pants.

 

“Ah, okay.”

 

Joy’s face lightened up a bit hearing her friend’s response.

 

“Hurry Wan-ah! That bamboo could kill me in a sec!” She headed to Wendy’s room, leaving the owner behind.

 

Wendy shook her head but she started running behind Joy as the yellow thing had gotten her attention back.

 

“What color do you want?” As soon as they arrived, Wendy threw all of her shorts to Joy.

 

Joy just chose whichever the closest to her, “it doesn’t matter!”, the orange one.

 

“Aha, so you love the bright ones... I see.” the Canadian formed a smirk as if mocking her.

 

Joy got annoyed but she had no time for it. So she just shouted ‘whatever’, grabbed her bag, and headed to the front door.

 

Wendy who was surprised at her friend's movements, ran after her. “Where are you going?”

 

“I’m heading home!” Joy shouted whilst opening the door “…the girl got a knife, must-save-my-life!” She emphasized each word.

 

“And you’re leaving me alone!?” The Canadian got panicked and headed toward the door.

 

Joy sighed for the nth time, “Your parents will be home in an hour, don’t worry.” She looked at Wendy with her satanic look, “…and if that bamboo-girl is after you, you got all size of the knives here. Good luck!”

 

Joy was heading toward the street when Wendy repeatedly shouted her name. After a while, the latter turned her back and saw Wendy neighbor’s door was opened. So she sped up her pace, ignoring her hamster-like friend.

 

‘Sorry Wan-ah, I will share my chicken with you from now on.’ She went home with that thought in mind.

--

 

“Haahh…”

 

Joy sighed again, she even lost count on it. Kept thinking that what she did to Wendy, was too terrible. With a pout, she grabbed her bag, looking for her phone. As soon as she got it, she clicked on Wendy’s name and called her.

 

“…tuuut …tuuut …”

 

“Oh, come on!” Joy shouted to the phone

 

“…tuuut …tuuut …”

 

She was getting anxious. Wendy not picking up her call was the last thing she wanted to happen. At the 5th call, and Wendy still wasn’t answering, Joy rushed to the door with a serious look on her face.

 

“…tuuut …tuuut …”

 

Damn it Wendy!

 

“…tuuut …tuuut…”

 

“...tuuut …tuuut … what!?”

 

Joy stopped walking and unconsciously shouted at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter