Chapter 4

Your Own Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOUR

 

 “She sure knows how to dance! Wow!”

 

Wendy exclaimed. They already at Wendy’s house again -on Wendy’s bed to be exact-, lying down while staring at the ceiling.

 

“Her moves were just Bbam! Bbam! Bbam!” The Canadian shook her body continuously, making the bed shaky.

 

“Stop moving! I’m going to fall off of this bed anytime soon!” said the blonde furiously.

 

“Then let it be.” Wendy replied.

 

Joy just hit her and the Canadian laughed, they stared at the ceiling again.

 

“Hhaah…” Both sighed at the same time. Shocked at the jinxed, Wendy started to laugh again. This time, Joy joined her.

 

Then suddenly Joy looked at Wendy, “What should I do, now?”

 

“About what?”

 

“You know, make her willing to teach me.”

 

Wendy turned around, now her back was facing the ceiling. “Just ask her, maybe?” sounding doubtful.

 

“But you know Wan, our history wasn’t that good.”

 

Wendy laughed, “What is this ‘history’ you’re suddenly talking about?”

 

“She once tried to kill me.” Joy exclaimed.

 

“No, she didn’t.”

 

“Yes she did. The evidence is that shorts of mine. You fixed it, remember?”

 

“First of all…” Wendy suddenly sat on her bed. “…it was our fault. Just admit it, we kind of… stealing from her. Though they’re just fruits, duh!” her eyes widening in a cute way.

 

She then continued, “And second of all… you didn’t get hurt.”

 

“My pride was hurt.” Joy blurted

 

“Okay, do you want her to teach you or do you want to heal your injured-pride?” asked Wendy. “Just lock that pride in your bathroom or somewhere else for the next two months, and everything will be fine.”

 

“So, what do I do now?” the blonde asked seriously

 

“How about you try to apologize to her?”

 

“Wow, that’s lame.” Joy snorted

 

Wendy put both her hands on the waist, “You’re being hard here, Park Sooyoung!”

 

“Fine, but at least give me something else.

 

The Canadian furrowed her eyebrows and put one finger on her forehead, her habit when she was thinking hard. She’s about to tell the blonde her idea, but the bell rang,

 

“That must be the delivery guy!”

 

Her brain worked faster when it came to food

 

***

 

“You need to seduce her”

 

Joy sat down in her room. Eyes not focusing on any specific object as she re-call her conversation with Wendy.

 

---

 

“You need to seduce her.”

 

Wendy said, still chewing her chicken. Joy bought it as an apology for that one time she had left Wendy alone.

 

“I need to what!?” Joy shrieked out. She accidentally spat her chicken on Wendy’s face.

 

The Canadian froze, before realizing what had just happened,

 

“YUUUCK! YOU ARE DISGUSTING! PARK FREAKING DISGUSTING SOOYOUNG!”

 

The Canadian screamed her lungs out and ran to the washroom to clean herself. Joy followed her close behind,

 

“Are you seriously thinking that I’m willing to sell myself to that gurl!?”

 

“I didn’t say ‘selling yourself’, I said seduce.” Wendy took out pieces of chicken from her hair. “what is- A BONE!?” she looked at Joy.

 

“They’re delicious.” Joy shrugged.

 

“A-FRICKIN-CHICKEN-BONE-ON-MY-HEAD!?”

 

“Okay, let’s focus. What was exactly inside your mind when you told me that?”

 

Wendy sealed her lips, not saying anything for a while. She just stared at the mirror with her most annoyed look. Minutes had passed and Joy knew what she had to do,

 

“Hey, I’m sorry, you cranky.” She said that softly and smiled. Started to help her friend

 

The Canadian pouted. Joy pinched on that pout with her thumb and index finger. When they were done, they headed up to the living room and started the talk again.

 

“So what’s your idea?”

 

“Seduce her.”

 

“You’ve been saying that for a while” the blonde sighed. “What did you mean by ‘seduce’?”

 

“I mean…” Wendy looked straight into Joy’s eyes. “Se-du-ce her!” emphasizing each word.

 

“Damn it Wendy! I swear I’m gonna kill you someday!” Joy lost it, she grabbed Wendy’s shoulders and shook her friend.

 

“Yeah, kill me, but you gotta seduce her first.” the Canadian ran away from Joy.

 

She stood by her room, bent down a little and patted her as if mocking the blonde.

 

“Catch me, fool!”

 

“Damn it Wendy!”

 

---

 

***

 

The next day, Joy had set her mind to do what Wendy told her. She woke up earlier than usual, took her time in the bathroom bit longer. She put her clothes, makeup and applied some red lipstick on her lips. She then ready to go.

 

When the blonde arrived, she found Wendy was waiting for her at the gate.

 

“Wow, you look amazing.” the Canadian looked surprised.

 

“I know.” Joy just said that cockily

 

They walked into the class and not long after that Seulgi got in.

 

“Morning.” Seulgi smiled a little while staring at the whole class.

 

Joy who thought that this was her chance, was getting ready. When their eyes met, the blonde tilted her head, squinted her eyes, and smiled widely to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi who saw that, frowned “Ehem, okaaay… shall we begin?”

 

“Psst, what’s with you?” the Canadian whispered.

 

“I’m seducing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter