Chapter 5

Your Own Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIVE

 

 

Today had finally come. It marked the day Joy would be doing her training with Seulgi. She’s half excited – half nervous about what might happen.

 

They went to some sort of dance studio. To her surprise, Seulgi knew almost all the teachers and students here. It seemed like she had quite approachable personality, considering she just moved to this town.

 

But surely, that side of hers won’t ever make an appearance in front of me.

 

The blonde sighed.

 

They began to prepare for the dance. Seulgi browsed through her mac, looking for the song she had already prepared. Just in time, the song could be heard from speakers.

 

My heart will go on

 

“What?!” The blonde quickly faced her professor

 

“What, what?” Seulgi raised her brows

 

“We’re going to dance with this song?”

 

“This is a warm-up”

 

“A Titanic’s song?!”

 

“You better shut up, Ms. Park.” The orange-haired seemed to be annoyed

 

Seeing that, Joy immediately zipped her own mouth. She was alone with Seulgi in this practice room, the latter could probably kill her for real this time. They then started the warm-up session

 

“Bend forward, more. Your waist, your waist!” Joy’s surprised. Her professor was yelling at her, “Why are you so stiff?!”

 

The blonde tried to bend her waist, trying to be more flexible. But Seulgi didn’t look impressed by her effort.

 

Oh god, this doesn’t look good, -at all.

 

The blonde thought while trying to kiss her own knees.

 

And she was right. The whole warm-up session was filled with Seulgi’s voice. Either she’s yelling at her or throwing something on the floor if she wasn’t satisfied with the blonde’s move.

 

“Alright, now we’re going to do the real thing.” Seulgi ran a finger on her mac and changed the song with an upbeat one.

 

“Watch me for now. After that, do it yourself. Is that clear?”

 

“Y-Ye…”

 

“Watch this!” Seulgi cut her off

 

The professor began to shake her body in rapid movements. Sometime it was so slow, but suddenly it got too fast for Joy to follow. The latter scratched her head few times when Seulgi’s dance got incredibly fast.

 

Is she trying to teach me or kill me?

 

Joy never got her answer.

 

The song slowly reached its ending. Seulgi stretched one leg up in the air, bent her knee, and then twirled her body three times before she jumped to the right and did her ending pose elegantly.

 

“Your turn.” Seulgi simply said

 

With a confused look, Joy tried to follow what she’d remembered. But her memorizing skill wasn’t that good so she ended up messing the dance

 

“Again!” Seulgi yelled

 

Joy obeyed it and danced again. The result still the same, a mess.

 

“Your waist, I told you to bend it more!”

 

“Geez!” The blonde snorted exhaustedly and continued to dance.

 

She danced over and over again but that didn't seem to impress her professor. The evil teacher kept telling her to do it again.

 

“I said, bend-your-waist-more!” Seulgi suddenly stood behind her.

 

Joy screamed. She caught a glimpse of her red face in the mirror before facing Seulgi who just touched her .

 

“What do you think you’re doing?!”  The blonde put both hands on her butts to protect them.

 

The professor shrugged, “Why? You once called me a ert, though. Just want to make your dream come true”

 

“I- I..” Joy stuttered

 

“What? You don’t like it?” Seulgi smirked. “Oh, that’s new to me. I thought you’re just like my friend who loves these kinds of things, by seeing how flustered you are now.”

 

Joy’s face was boiling red. She somehow felt the intimidation in Seulgi’s eyes and decided to just continue her dance.

 

One hour and half had passed but she didn’t make any progress. She messed up the dance here and there, making the orange-haired girl kept yelling at her. Slowly Joy reached her limits, getting annoyed of the evil’s demands.

 

After the only-god-knows-how-long she danced that day, she’s exhausted. She touched her knees, bent down a little while gasping, longing for the oxygen.

 

“Again!” Seulgi shouted.

 

Joy gasped.

 

“How do you expect me to do this, after seeing it just once?” she couldn't take it anymore.

 

Seulgi glanced at her for a second and walked up to the blonde. Joy dared herself to stare back into those eyes, getting ready to get scold once more. But never did cross her mind that Seulgi wasn’t planning to stop in front of her.

 

Joy gasped, again. She began to walk backwards because Seulgi seemed to not going to stop anytime soon. Her back hit the wall, causing her to groan in pain. Seulgi put her right hand on the wall, giving the blonde an intense stare.

 

Joy looked away. All of a sudden the atmosphere around her was turning hot, especially on her cheeks.

 

“I have pretty much low expectation on you. So don’t be such a whiny and expect me to repeat myself just because your-stupid-brain couldn’t catch up.”

 

Joy felt Seulgi’s breath hitting her lips.

 

“Mint…” She muttered softly

 

Seulgi’s brows furrowed, “What?”

 

The blonde jolted, realizing what she had done.

 

“Ah, n-no. I- I was j-ju…”

 

Seulgi smirked. “So, you like this kind of stuff…” She leaned forward so close Joy could feel Seulgi's breath getting warmer on her lips, “…don’t you?”

 

Joy gulped. Her dry mouth made aching. With a slight pain, she looked away, averting her gaze from Seulgi’s.

 

“Fwuuh…”

 

The professor blew out her breath on Joy’s face, making the blonde’s eyes opened wide, -she’s shaking. But what concerned her the most was something inside her chests, those thumping sounds which beating incredibly fast, scared her.

 

Am I gonna die?

 

With satisfied look, Seulgi turned around and positioned herself at the center of that practice room, “Again, from the top!” she clapped.

 

Joy put one hand on her left chest in hope the scary sounds would stop,

 

but it wouldn’t.

 

Damn it! Wan, help…

 

***

 

 

Ding dong! Ding dong!

 

“Ugh…”

 

Ding dong! Ding dong!

 

“Argh… who-”

 

Ding dong ding dong!!

 

“WHO IS THAT?!” Joy yelled out loud

 

She’s annoyed because s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter