Chapter 1

Your Own Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE

 

 

“JOOOOOY!!!”

 

Bugh!

 

“Ouch! What are you doing!? Don’t you see that I was daydreaming?” Damn it Wendy! She internally shouted at her Canadian friend.

 

“That’s why I hit you, just so you could stop daydreaming, you fool!” Apparently Wendy was being more vocal with her thoughts. So she added,

 

“Don’t you see where are we sitting at? You could be possessed by ghost right now!” Wendy whispered to Joy’s ear with much horror.

 

Joy squinted her eyes and looked at Wendy like she’s the most disgusting person for thinking like that. “You actually believe that?” then the blonde added, “…and you call yourself a Canadian. I could barely understand when you speak English like you were gargling the toothpaste, but I’m quite sure that I’m more modern than you”

 

This time it’s Wendy who squinted her eyes, “You’re so missing the whole point.” She shook her head, “Just look at this place where we’re sitting right now!”

 

Ah, right, Joy just realized that. They’re currently at Wendy neighbor’s mango tree. She and Wendy had climbed up to entertain themselves, wanted to see the sun that will set in -at least- 30 minutes, with a knife in her hand. Okay, actually, to entertain their stomachs that had been craving for mangoes.

 

Joy glanced at Wendy who was getting ready to climb down.

 

“You’re already done? But we haven’t even eaten one.” She was surprised ‘cause usually, Wendy could eat 5 mangoes without sharing them with her. This mango tree has a quality that would suppress the ones in store.

 

“Wait a sec, I’ll change my slipper first. This one is dying.” The Canadian said which Joy only replied with nods.

 

Just like a Pro-climber, Wendy climbed down the stairs they put on the wall which separated Wendy’s house and her neighbor’s. Then, the Canadian rushed into the door -basically dragging her leg ‘cause of her dying slipper-.

 

Not long after that, Joy felt like her heart was about to burst from the shock, because the stairs just fell down with a loud sound and Joy accidently dropped the knife she was holding.

 

“Wendy! Wend- Wendy! Oh , I’m so dead..” Joy squeaked whilst holding her breath, staring at the stairs that already lying on the ground peacefully. “How am I supposed to get down now!?” Damn it Wendy! “…and the sound was so loud!”

 

She was getting anxious. Because the sound was so loud that it could possibly be heard by Wendy’s neighbors as well. And if she -forced herself to- climb down this tree, what would she tell them about her being at their backyard, more specifically on their tree? So with a trembling heart, she decided to wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter