She's Here

Live For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦She's Here♦

“I can’t believe it. Look at you!” His mother squeals in happiness.

“You’ve worked hard, Jiyong.” His dad says proudly.

It had been days since he woke up and going through a few tests, his body doesn’t show any sign of rejection although he needs to take several examinations for a week straight and then once every few months once he’s released from the hospital, but that's a small matter to him now.

He couldn’t wait spread the news to Yumi.

“Jiyong, I’d like you to meet someone.” His mother suddenly says, making Jiyong turn to her in confusion.

 “This is Doctor Ahn Heeyeon, the one who has been handling Yumi. These are Yumi’s parents.” His mom says.

“Hello, nice to meet you all.” Jiyong bows politely, “How’s Yumi doing?”

The room falls silent immediately. Jiyong watches in confusion as Mrs. Park sobs and leans over to her husband who’s trying to calm her down. He turns his eyes to his own parents who are avoiding his gaze. He then turns her eyes to Ahn who stays silent at the question.

What's happening? What’s with this scenario?

Just then, Kim steps into the room and approaches the bed, her expression is unreadable.

“Doctor Kim, where is Yumi?”

Kim merely takes a deep breath and closes her eyes as she speaks the following words.

“Park Yumi, age 20. Time of death: 15th of August 2000, 0314 hours.”

Jiyong feels as if his heart plummet into the pit of his stomach and shatters into pieces.

“…Wait…What? No, you're lying to me... Yumi's playing tricks on me again, isn't she? This isn't funny babe, it isn't. Come out now, baby. Come out, I promise I won't get angry.”

Jiyong whispers into the air, wondering if he’s hearing things as the side effect of the surgery, but judging from heartbreaking sight of Yumi’s parents, Jiyong knows that Kim was speaking the truth.

But he just couldn’t accept it.

“S-She told me that the success rate is 80%!” Jiyong snaps.

“Doctor Ahn, what happened? There was a high rate of success!”

Jiyong doesn’t realize that tears are already pouring from his eyes like a waterfall, his voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter