012 - Once Again

Spring Awakening

"You nervous?"

Johnny's arms s round Ten's waist, his chin balancing on the shorter's shoulder, a goofy grin on his lips. He stared at the pair in the mirror as Ten messed with his fringe, giving him a light squeeze round the middle.

"Me? Nervous? Never!" Ten returned the grin, spinning himself in Johnny's grip, arms now tying round his neck as he reached up to peck the elder's lips sweetly. "Nothing I haven't done before. What about you, are you nervous you might get stuck in a secondary role?"

Johnny scoffed. "You're an ."

"I'm your ." 

"Damn right." They kissed once again, a little longer than the first, Johnny's thumbs rubbing small circles into Ten's waist, muttering against his lips, "Happy eight months."

It was audition season once again and both Ten and Johnny had expressed interest in rejoining the company, especially with the excitement of the choice of musical: Hairpsray. It was one of Ten's favourites, he loved anything to do with the sixties. Johnny was a little more reluctant as it meant more dancing and jazz hands but Ten persuaded him and of course, the rest of the crew had agreed to join them. 

Johnny had moved out of his parents' house shortly after the final show of Spring Awakening and found his own tiny yet cheap apartment closer to the main city. It didn't take long for him to offer Ten to move in, which he happily accepted. It seemed rushed and risky but they made things work, Johnny crashing on the couch with Ten in the bedroom until they were both comfortable enough to share a bed with one another. Once they finally were, one thing lead to another and... Well, Johnny gave Ten another reason to drink for the next Never Have I Ever game.

The pair left the apartment, deciding to walk into the city to meet the others outside the auditorium. They'd all discussed the roles they wanted and, thankfully, there were no clashes in desires. Libby wanted to go for the lead this time round, which Kayla was satisfied with, her eyes on the role of the Amber. Everyone agreed she was perfect for it, earning a round of slaps across the arm. Mark was undecided, he was just going to audition with whatever song he was given and hope for the best. Ten wanted Seaweed, knowing he had the dance skills perfect for it. Which left Johnny, desperate to prove himself with getting Link, the male lead. Once again, everyone agreed he was suited for it, it would be a surprise if he didn't get it.

The auditions went through swiftly with familiar faces from last year's show mixed with fresh faces they'd never seen before. There was a lot more talent than before but they knew they still had the best chances.

"She'd make a perfect Penny." Kayla leaned towards the group as a skinny girl slid up on to the stage, long silver coloured hair stopping above her waist, clearly nervous. The girl wanted Penny and everyone shot each other a knowing look. Her voice was sweet and clear, she was a definite candidate for it. 

"She's quite tall though, Ten's gonna need stilts to dance with her." Libby watched the girl as she sang, head tilting to the side.

"If I get the role, you mean." Ten was nervous. Out of all the people that had auditioned, he had the most competition. Seaweed was a popular role and each boy who'd auditioned could sing. He just had to show off his skills when it came to the dance audition. He wasn't that worried. As long as he was in the show, he was happy.

"You are going to get it. You're the best. Psht, everyone else ." Johnny wrapped his arm round Ten's shoulders, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"You have to say that. Besides, if I do get this part, you're gonna have to deal with me kissing someone else."

Johnny's face contorted in disgust before he smiled. "So are you."

"If you get it. You may get knocked out once again and stuck as Edna." Kayla teased.

"Oh my god, Johnny in drag. I really hope you get stuck with that!" Mark couldn't hold back his laughter as the thought crossed his mind.

"If I get Edna, I'm quitting and my career ends today. It's Link or death."

"So dramatic, darling." Ten cooed softly, reaching up to ruffle Johnny's fringe.

The auditions ended, leaving the groups to disperse whilst decisions were made. They didn't want to seem cocky but the group were convinced they'd secured their desired roles. The talent bar was a lot higher than last year but there were less people, less competition. It'd be a shock of they didn't all at least get some role.

Ten glanced around at the group as they were lost in discussion about where they were going to eat after auditions, but he had no interest in contributing. He kept smiling but inside he was nervous. He felt like his audition wasn't strong enough, he slipped whilst dancing because of a wet patch on the floor. He could only blame himself. He wanted to remain positive but the nerves were eating him alive. He carefully stood up and slipped out of the auditorium into the corridor, pacing as he bit on his nails out of anxiety.

He didn't go unnoticed, Johnny excusing himself seconds after, slipping out to join the younger. "Hey... Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Ten nodding, mumbling between his fingers, teeth still attacking his nails."

"Ten.." Johnny took ahold of Ten's wrist, slowly pulling his hand from his mouth before settling both palms on the younger's cheeks. "It's fine. You were great."

"I wasn't. I slipped up, everyone saw."

"You think one little slip is going to erase all of your hard work. She knows how talented you are, you're going to get it."

"But what-"

"But nothing. You are Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul; dancer, actor, singer, extraordinaire. You are an incredibly talented person with so much potential, you have to think positively. Believe in your skills, believe in yourself."

Ten sighed softly, dragging his eyes up to meet the elder's gaze. His chest tightened, heart beginning to pound as he stared into the glistening dark pupils, unable to stop the smile on his lips from forming. He felt his worries temporarily melt away, Johnny always had that calming effect on Ten. He reached up, pressing his lips on to Johnny's, arms sliding round his waist. They remained in each other's embrace for a few long, beautiful moments before Johnny pulled away, pecking his nose gently.

"Come on, they'll probably be putting the list up soon."

They slipped back inside and rejoined the group, Ten refusing to let go of Johnny's hand, his head resting on his shoulder. He didn't contribute to the conversation but he smiled to himself as he watched them converse, silently thanking whichever angel helped him meet such wonderful people. 

The director finally grabbed everyone's attention, causing Ten to sit upright, the nerves building up in his stomach once again. He felt sick but he stayed quiet, wanting to be brave in front of Johnny.

He didn't want to wait. As soon as the list was up, Ten shot up out of his seat, racing up on to the stage, heading straight for the cast list. He swallowed, eyes darting across the hand-written scribbles, biting down on his lip.

Seaweed............ Ten Leechaiyakul

.

He'd done it.

Again.

B with joy, Ten quickly bounced over to his approaching friends, a smile growing furiously on his lips. He tugged on Johnny's hand, leaning up to peck his lips before hugging him tightly.

"Congratulation, Tenny! I told you, didn't I? I'm so proud of you, baby."

"Okay, go, go, find out who you got!" Johnny nodded, pulling himself from Ten's grip, giving Kayla a high five as they passed each other.

"You are looking at the new Amber Von Tussle!" Kayla posed with one hand on her hip, the other palm on her forehead before she laughed, pulling Ten into a tight hug. "I get to hit you with dodge balls, I can't promise it won't hurt!"

"It's okay, I get to gate crash your crowning ceremony!" The pair fell into each other laughing before glancing at the crowd gathered. About to speak up, Ten was stopped by the loud, rather annoyed voice of his boyfriend.

"Are you ing kidding me?!" Johnny slammed his hand on the board as he stared at it in disbelief. "Corny Collins?!"

Ten couldn't help but laugh, the de ja vu bittersweet to him. Sighing, he excused himself from Kayla to attend to a grieving Johnny, a smile on his lips, trying to come up with words to say to soothe the elder.

It was going to be an interesting three months, that's for sure.

 

 

***

AHHHHHHHHH!!! I do apologise for the delay for this ending but here it is! I wanna say thank you so so much for reading my ty writing and enjoying it! I know it's pretty rough around the edges but I'm still grateful for all my readers and subscribers!!! I am currently working on a few others things, you can expect them to pop up some time soon! I love you guys!! <3