011 - Prison Break

Spring Awakening

The second half of the show went off just as brilliantly as the first except this time, there was a little something in the air that changed the atmosphere. Ten had returned and everyone had perked up, ironically, for the less than cheerful content of act two.

When it finished, Johnny didn't care about hanging around to talk to people. He wasn't the star of the show, he probably wasn't even a favourite. Instead, he wanted to find Ten and figure out how he'd escaped the clutches of his disapproving mom. By the way Ten beamed at him as he was questioned, Johnny knew it had to be something even slightly comical.

He found Ten waiting in the dressing room, sitting on top of the table, the lights around the mirror glowing behind him, making him look like an angel. It was cheesy but true. Johnny strode up to him, catching Ten's attention as he approached, earning him a sweet smile. He didn't want a smile though. Cupping Ten's cheeks, Johnny pressed a firm kiss to Ten's lips, the younger's hands settling gently on his waist. They kissed only for a few seconds before Ten broke it, laughing softly.

"Johnny, your mic-" The elder pulled back, quickly tearing off the tape attaching his mic to his cheek, setting it on the dressing table.

"Let me get changed then then we can get out of here, you can tell me everything."

Johnny took no longer than five minutes to change and hang his costume up, coming to find Ten. He grabbed his bag, slinging it on his shoulder before tugging on the younger's hand. They managed to slip past the cast and leave the theater hand in hand, heading round the back to the car park. They couldn't go too far, Ten said he had to go back and see Kayla afterwards. Perching up on the wall, they sat side by side, arms brushing as Ten kicked his heels against the bricks.

"I bet you're wondering how I got out." The way he spoke made it sound like a prison escape which amused Johnny. 

"Mhm, last I head you were locked in your room."

"That's a bit of an exaggeration. I just stayed up there so I wouldn't have to face my mom."

"No offence but she scares the out of me."

"Yeah, she scares me too. That's why I stayed away from her. But then when you came to visit, I just knew I couldn't stay up there. I know family is supposed to be the most important thing but sometimes families can be wrong. Sometimes they don't always know best. Maybe I don't know best either but I know I don't want to go back to Thailand."

"I don't want you to go." Johnny whispered, turning his head to look at Ten.

"I'm not going." Ten made eye contact, a subtle smile on his lips. "My sister lent me her phone but the only number she had was Kayla's because she lost her phone when she was over so Kayla called her number and- Yeah, you get the point. But I called Kayla and told her to come to me in two hours when my mom goes out to her book club, since I didn't have much time to talk on the phone. When Kayla came, she called her mom and explained the situation, to which her mom suggested that I come live with her, since Kayla's older brother moved out a few weeks ago with his girlfriend and they had an empty room. We quickly packed up the rest of my stuff and ran out before she got back. Even managed to find my phone and my laptop in mom's room."

"..." Johny processed the story, unable to imagine just exactly what Ten had been through. His own parents were open-minded and accepting, they'd never kick Johnny out for how he felt, for who he was. He just wished he could've helped Ten, he wished he could protect him from such prejudice and hate.

"I would've called you as soon as I got my phone but it was dead. And besides, surprising you was nice." Ten gave Johnny a gentle nudge with his elbow, causing a smile to brim on the elder's lips. 

"The best surprise." Johnny swallowed, his hand reaching across to take ahold of Ten's squeezing his fingers softly. "I'm glad you're out of there. I'm glad you don't have to go."

"Me too. ... This sounds so damn cheesy to say but I'm finally content with my life, you know; good friends, a job, the musical... It gave me a reason to stay."

"The musical?"

"No. You." "I gave you a reason to stay?"

"You are the reason to stay, ." Ten laughed, returning the affectionate squeeze.

"Do you think I'll be allowed back in the show?"

"Hm- Not sure. You didn't miss much. You should come to rehearsal tomorrow."

"I will. It'd be a shame to waste the last three months. And besides, it wasn't fun watching you kiss someone else."

That made Johnny grin. "Oh? And why not?

"Because- Well... I mean, you can if you want but I was just... I dunno. I thought we were like... I don't know."

"Ten.." Johnny lifted his leg up on to the wall, turning to face the smaller boy beside him. He looked up at the mention of his name, a shy expression on his face, cheeks tinted pink only visible under the faint street lamp. "Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

The pink blush on his cheeks only deepened at Johnny's words, a smile stretching widely across his lips. "God, I dunno... I just moved in with this girl, things are starting to heat up between us. She's pretty cute, you may know her actually!"

Johnny rolled his eyes, "Oh, shut up and say yes."

"Do I not get a choice in the matter?" Ten grinned as Johnny stood up, the elder's arms snaking round Ten's waist.

"Nope. You don't."

"Ah, fine then." Ten slid his arms around Johnny's neck, sighing as he tugged him down a little closer. "Yes, I'll be your boyfriend."

The younger lent up on his tiptoes, sealing the deal with a sweet kiss.

 

a/n: this is a little shorter, i do apologise! be prepared, the end is near but I'll treat you guys for reading and enjoying this! it is much appreciated ^^