Chapter 8 - Impossible

Fight for blood, love and self.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A certain Captain was strolling around the rooftop of headquarter. She just finished having a meeting with President, Board of Directors, Colonels and other Captains for the nth times. She could be the youngest Captain the country had ever have, but for the country who needed defense more than anything else, age didn't matter as long as the person had ability to protect the country and the people.


And that included Emily as a Captain. The sense of dauntlessness and 'never give up' motto in her life made her the perfect choice on protecting the country. Even the President himself was proud to have her as his daughter. 


For the simple problem of missing chip didn't make her flinched on continuing the fight. Yuri was right when she said this was just the first challenge for her to keep moving forward. She wouldn't let such an easy obtacle blocking her way to pursue the nation's dream to make the country at peace. 


"There you are, I was looking for you like the entire building! First, I'm sweating hard you know from jogging around. Second, People began to give weird looks as if I was some kind of crazy woman who mumbling alone non-stop while searching for you. Third, I almost cursed on your PA for not knowing your whereabouts. What's the point of becoming assistant when she don't have any idea where her boss is. And yet here you're spacing out like a person who just losing everything. Lastly, why didn't you answer your phone?!" 


"Wohoo, relax. What are you rambling about?" Emily laughed. 


Yuri took a deep breath to calm her rapid heartbeat from jogging too much only to find Emily. She became panicked when she couldn't come in contact with the latter, afraid she might did something stupid. 


Emily was amused with the state Yuri was in now. It showed the older one cared about her. 


"Yah, why are you smiling? Do you have any idea how worried I was?" 


Emily nodded, still wearing a grin, making Yuri's jaw dropped. Yuri was panicking yet the younger Captain just played innocent like nothing was really happened. 


"You're so cute when you were rambling like that" 


The words made Yuri stopped her urge on hitting the younger. Her hand was hanging mid air and stunned clearly shown on her face. Slowly she let her hand down.


"W-What are you talking about?" Though she was stuttering, her heart felt like jumping in joy. 


"I said you're cute" Emily said dreamingly.


"Thats nonsense. No one ever said I'm cute before-"


"Thats why I'm the first"


"Nae?"


"I'm the first person saying you're cute and the first one always the special one. Right?"


Yuri laughed as if Emily just told her some kind of joke. Well, it was a joke for her. 


"Yah, stop talking and lets go"


"Where to?"


"Aish this brat. We are having dinner with President, after finish we go home to our own house. Kaja"


With that, Emily followed the tanned Captain like a cute little puppy followed her owner wherever the owner headed to. 

 

 


__________


"That's why we are perfect together"

 


This statement, never failed to remind Irene. It still lingered inside her head and kept repeating like a broken disc. 


Irene was confused on what the Captain meant by her words. Did she still has feeling for Irene? If so why she hadn't take any moves? Or she still loved Irene but didn't want to be together. 


"Then why did she say that?!"


"Because I suggested it to be that way. Leader Irene, which part of my talk that you're not satisfying with?"


"N-Nae? That's.... I didn't say I don't satisfied..."


"Then what did you say?"


Irene felt her breath stucked on as she saw many eyes directed on her. She unintentionally screamed her mind out loud, making the entire meeting room turned into quiet. 


"N-nothing. Sorry" She muttered. 


"Focus please"


They were currently having a meeting regarding the issue. Captain Jung (Emily), Leader Irene, Leader Shin (Hyejeong), Leader Song (Mino) and not to mention Captain Kwon (Yuri) were in the meeting room, discussing what should be done on handling the issue. 


Emily pointed some ideas on installing their new chip on the system without  rushed on taking reckless action. Since they hadn't received any sign of warn from the enemy, she suggested they should did it once again to avoid possibility of getting caught. 


Meanwhile, Yuri suggested they had to find out first who the culprit that dared to betray the country. 


"Whoever did, he/she is really not afraid of dying" Yuri said coldly. 


Upon Yuri said that, Emily glanced at Hyejeong who lowered her head, directing her eyes on the paper. The Captain closed her eyes for a second. 


"Anniya, it is not her, not Seolhyun" She assured herself.


Everyone came to conclusion on Yuri's suggestion. Some of them would check the spot first while the others would find the culprit then could do what Emily had suggested. Except for one person who didn't say his word out loud whether he agreed or not. 


"Leader Song?" Emily called, but got no reaction from the Leader.


Irene who sat next to him nudged him by her elbow, making him jolted up. He watched as everyone looked at him with frown on their face. 


"What are you doing, Leader Song?"


"I-I'm sorry Captain Jung. I...I don't feeling well" 


He was sweating hard and it didn't go unnoticed by Hyejeong who sat infront of him. 


Emily sighed heavily "Why you didn't tell me? You can rest at home"


"Anniyo. I need to attend this meeting, it is my responsibility" 


"Yes, you're attending but your mind is not here. So what's the point of coming when you're not focus at all" 


Emily indeed a strict Captain, but she cared about her soldiers. She wouldn't  force her soldiers if they felt unwell. 


Mino lowered his head "I'm sorry Captain Jung" The only words he could say. 


"It's okay. You can go now. Go home and rest. And oh! You can let Minguk stay at my house, I'll take care of him for you"


"Anniyo, it's o-"


"Assistant Kim will come and pick him up later" 


Mino had no choice than obeyed. He packed his things, stood up, bowed his head a bit, then walked out from the meeting room. 


Hyejeong watched every movement that he did. She frowned as she saw Mino was shaking for no reason. His mouth too, when he spoke his lips were trembling. What did he afraid of?


All came to conclusion right during lunch time. Emily asked to dismiss and everyone began to walk their ways out. 


"Leader Shin, may I have a minute?"


"Yes, Captain?" 


Emily scratched her head for she didn't know how to start the conversation, but she knew she wanted to talk about this matter so she wouldn't have this suspicious thingy inside her. 


"I don't want to assume thing but... I need to ask you something"


"Yeah" Hyejeong was too anxious with the situation. 


"Do you, by any chance, did...that...you know?"


Seeing how Hyejeong's mouth wide opened and how her expression freaked Emily out, the Captain quickly retorted


"No! I mean... *sigh* Just answer yes or no, please"


It took few seconds until Hyejeong could absord everything and said her answer. "No"


"Gosh" Emily heaved a sigh in relief "Thats what I want to hear. Thanks Leader Shin... and sorry. You can go now"


Hyejeong bowed her body then turned around to get out from the meeting room, feeling betrayed. She completely stunned with the question, but to think about it, the Captain had a right to question her for she and Seolhyun were tagging along with Emily throughout the mission part on installing the chip. 

 


She was heading out from the headquarter when she saw a familiar figure outside the building. She squinted her eyes a bit to recognize the figure and wide smile immediately appeared on her beautiful face once she knew the person. 


She walked or more like jogging out and there she was, standing infront of her crush; Seolhyun. Seolhyun bowed her head with smile which made Hyejeong a bit surprised. The smile looked sincere and lovely, she could feel it.


"Are you done for the meeting?" Seolhyun asked. 


"N-Nae"


Seolhyun chuckled lightly for the stuttering girl who stood like a statue infront of her. 


Hyejeong couldn't believe her eyes that the girl who right infront of her was really Kim Seolhyun, her crush who always played hard to get and now gave her such a creepy but pretty smile she had never seen before. 


"Do you free for a lunch? Want to be my lunch date, Leader Shin?"


Silence. No response from the Leader. Hyejeong was absorbing the words that Seolhyun just uttered. Did she heard it right? Seolhyun was just asking her for lunch date? For real?


([A/N] Yes Hyejeong, it is for real. Aish, what can I do with this girl? Hahaha)


"Ah...uh..."


"Ah Uh what?" Seolhyun pouted. "It's okay, if you can't I'll find someone else who can-"


"Yes! I mean...Yes, I'm free for lunch and yes, I want to be your lunch date"


"Great! Lets go!" Seolhyun exclaimed excitedly.

 

 

 

__________


Irene was sipping her coffee with her finger kept tapping on the table, making the girl sat across her knitting her brows. Irene somehow acted weird as if there was something that bothered the Leader. 


"Yah, can you stop that? It annoyed me" Seulgi slapped Irene hand lightly. 


The leader sighed heavily and fidgeting her fingers below the table. Seulgi couldn't help to scoff, feeling disturbed. She didn't has a chance to speak when Irene bet her first 


"I wasn't agreed with the decision they made. They shouldn't just jumped to conclusion like that without everyone agreed right?" 


"How could they do that if you didn't voice out your thought? Seriously, you've to learn to say out loud what you're thinking, not say it inside your head, they won't hear you. And even if it is infront of Emily. Now you regret it?"


Irene pouted. 


"Let me guess, Yuri unnie was there too?"


Irene nodded. "I don't know why she was in the meeting, for the one who led this mission is Em"


"Maybe because of Captain Emily" 


"Seulgi~~~" Irene whined, earning loud chuckled from Seulgi. "You supposed to comfort me not make it even worst"


"Arra arra, mianhae" 


For nth times, Irene let out a sigh. And this times she buried her face against her forearm. 


"What should I do?" She mumbled. 


"But, what is it?"


She abruptly lifted her head then glared to the oblivious girl. Right, she hadn't told Seulgi yet which part that she wasn't agreed on the meeting.


"She will go there, with Yuri"


"For what?"


"What else, to check on the chip!" Irene back to her position. 


Seulgi was shocked. "Huh? Is not it too dangerous? They will climb the wall, again?"


Irene nodded. She turned her head to the right, still with the pout, facing the outside of the café. 


Seulgi almost spilled her coffee when Irene suddenly jolted up from her position and hit the table. 


"Yah! What was that?!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter