Chapter 3 - Stupid promise

Fight for blood, love and self.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seolhyun!"


The said girl stopped on her track while backfacing the person who called her. She had this kind of feeling that she knew who owned the voice. She continued her walk as she fasten her pace. 


Hyejeong who couldn't help ran to Seolhyun and stood infront of the nervous girl, in which caused her to stop immediately. 


Seolhyun shifted her gaze to her feet like that was the thing she could look at the moment. 


"Why are you avoiding me?"


"Em, what are talking about, Leader Shin? I'm not avoiding you" Seolhyun said, still with her low head.


"Then why did you run away when I call you?"


Seolhyun straightened her posture when she heard the stern voice of the leader. She could only bite her bottom lip and Hyejeong sensed it was the sign of nervousness and fear.


"Are you afraid of me?"


The girl took time to answer the question that could be simply to reply with 'Yes' or 'No'. However, she thought the answer of "I'm not sure"


Heavy sigh could be heard from the leader. "Look, I just trying...to be nice to you. It is rare for me to do this to other people so...please"


Seolhyun finally lifted her head, hearing the plead from the leader somehow made her soften for a bit. 


"What is it, Leader Shin?" She said slightly stuttering but Hyejeong smiled with those response. 


"And please, drop the formalities. Just call me Hyejeong" 


Seolhyun just smiled.


"I was wondering if it is possible for us to have dinner together after we do this? Well, late dinner actually"


"Erm-"


"Kim Seolhyun"


The two girls turned their head to the voice. Seolhyun's leader, Leader Irene had called for her name for them to get ready. 


Hyejeong mentally cursed for ruining the moment. She almost got the answer from the girl but got interrupted. 


"I'm sorry Leader Shin, but my leader is calling for me. Excuse me" Seolhyun saluted then walked away.


"I'll wait for the answer!" Hyejeong said, slightly shouted. 


Hyejeong thought she couldn't loss the chance. The only chance wouldn't came many times, so she needed to be determined. 


Hearing the voice, Seolhyun's lips curved upward a little. She also didn't want to avoid Hyejeong like this forever but she had her own reason that everyone didn't know. She couldn't like Hyejeong, more she couldn't fall in love with the leader, all because of stupid promise she had made. 


"I'm sorry Hyejeong" 

 


__________


The team had walked miles away from the city to the wall which separated them with their enemy. 


They stopped when Emily stopped. She lifted her head to look at the tall wall with her determine eyes. With a bow on her hand, she held it tight. She never came beyond the wall, this could be her first and she felt nervous yet eager. 


Her father once told her how it looked like behind the wall. The enemy's country had revolved and improved a lot. They were using many new techniques to protect their country and it went quite well for them. 


But here Emily and her team came to destroy all what they had built. 5 years ago's attack was a disaster for them and it was time for them to pay back. 


However, President Jung wouldn't ask to attack first, knowing that the enemy hadn't show their acts yet.


Meanwhile, everyone was waiting for Emily's order. 


"Captain Jung, we need your order" Leader Song spoke for everyone. 


Song Minho or Mino, was also one of Emily's friend for 2 years. He was good-looking, tall, hard-working, smart and muscular. He became a trainer a bit late than Emily, he was 18 years old at the time and she was 15. Emily treated this guy like her own brother, as well as Mino.


Since he lost his family during the war, Emily was the one who approached him first and comforted him. Day by day they grew closed.


The Captain also closed to his son. Yes, he was married man. But his wife died 3 days after gave birth to their son. 

 

Emily turned to the leader and stared at him with soft gaze. Mino swore he could see nervous shown clearly in her eyes. He quite unknown what the blonde Captain's problem as he busy training trainers. 


She let out a deep sigh. "Leader Song, Leader Shin, lead the way"


"Yes, Captain!" They saluted then matched away. 


Meanwhile, Irene had watching the blonde with worry expression. She observed this behaviour of her ex-girlfriend. The blonde Captain was kind of people who got nervous attack easily when it came to something she never experienced before. 


To look back into it, the break-up might be the worst decision she ever made. She expected it might be good for the blonde and everyone but not for her. 


The army climbed the stairs quietly that could bring them to the top of the wall. As soon as everyone already on the top, they followed their leaders's intruction which was to stay down for a while and looked surrounding if they suspected any movement or barriers. 


"Captain, all clear" Hyejeong whispered on Emily's ear. 


The blonde Captain took a breath then let it out slowly. "Okay, go down slowly. Leader Shin and Leader Irene, your teams are follow me. And Leader Song, I believe you to lead your team to the other side. Meet us at 5km from here. Understand?" 


"Yes, Captain"


"Now go"


The army slowly made their way down. They were like spiderman when they climbed down the wall but just they used rope. 

 

 

__________


"Do you think she can make it?" Sir Jung asked as he stared at the huge glass window, overlooking the night view, with his hands behind.


Ken nodded politely "Yes, Sir. She is just like you. Indeed a strong and smart girl"


"Are you sure?"


"Positive, Sir"


The father smiled ear to ear hearing Ken's answer, he was satisfied. He also positive about Emily's ability and she just convinced him to count on her this time. 

 

 

__________


Yuri came in to the room and saw no Madam Jung inside. She became panicked and didn't know what to do. Madam Jung didn't know that Emily were going to enemy's country because Sir Jung insisted not to tell her, afraid that she might be fainted. 


"What should I do? Is she going out to find Emily? Andwae" She ran her fingers on her hair in panic. 


Yuri wanted to go out to find for Madam Jung. What Emily was going to say when she tell her, Madam was missing before she got in the hospital. 


"Where are you going?" 


Yuri stopped her track just when she was about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter