Chapter 5 - Rapid heartbeat

Fight for blood, love and self.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-flashback-

After the Captain left, the two girls were in dead silence. 2 hearts were beating like crazy and 2 heads had the same thought. 


"Should I speak or remain silent?" Both mentally asked themselves. 


Couple of minutes passed and they still didn't utter any words. Hyejeong who countlessly took few deep breaths, couldn't stay still in her place. She puffed her cheeks in order to calm her rapid heartbeat. 


Seolhyun watched the leader then chuckled. Hyejeong who heard it turned her head almost immediately and it turned out the cute chuckle was from the girl who stood next to her. Her lips slowly curved upward. 


Seolhyun stopped as she could sense a stare on her. She cleared and slowly looked at Hyejeong who never tired to let her see those charming eyes and smile. 


"Who do you smile at?" Seolhyun said as she looked somewhere else but Hyejeong. 


"You" 


"Nae?"


"Is not it obvious?" Hyejeong said dreamingly while her eyes still on Seolhyun.


There was paused for awhile until Hyejeong realized what she just said and immediately covered it up as she let out awkward laugh "I mean, there is no one here so.. it is obvious I smile to you" 


Then she diverted her gaze to somewhere else to hid embarassment but her cheeks already seen with pink tints. She mentally curse for being so bold. 


"Seolhyun..." 


"I want to walk around, to see any enemy around" Seolhyun cut Hyejeong just before the Leader could finish her sentence. 


"See any enemy around? Why you want to look for them?" Hyejeong mumbled when Seolhyun already walked away from her. 


Just as Hyejeong in her own thought, gunshot could be heard. She immediately got up and ran to the sound. She saw Seolhyun hid behind the tree with gun on her hand and saw on the other side, there was one soldier from the enemy side. 


Hyejeong ran to where Seolhyun was hiding and pulled out her own gun then attempted to shot but missed. 


"Leader Shin, what are you doing?"


"Helping you, what else?" 


The shot kept coming to them and Hyejeong eventually lost her temper as she got out from the hiding spot and pointed the gun to the enemy. She ignored Seolhyun who called for her to get back. 


*bang*


"Aaah!" 


Seolhyun's eyes widened as she saw Hyejeong was laying on the ground, with her hand pressed on her stomach. Hyejeong just got shot. Feeling worried, Seolhyun got out from the hiding spot too, and went to Hyejeong. 


"What are you doing? Go hide, he is still there!" Hyejeong groaned in pain. 


Wordlessly, Seolhyun stood up and kept shoting the enemy but he was too good in dodging the bullets. 


Just when Seolhyun was about to shot him again, he already fell on the ground. She was surprised but then she looked on her left only to see her leader was there. With that she knew, the one who got the enemy down was her leader, Irene. 


-end of flashback-

 

 

__________


"Umma" 


Emily got into the room and closed the door behind her. She walked to her umma only to be greet by confused look on Madam Jung's face. 


"Junyeon?" 


Emily smiled. She knew Madam Jung slowly couldn't recognize face. Yuri had told her everything, including the part where Madam Jung asked the tanned Captain to take care her daughter. For Yuri there was no thing to hide. 


"Nae umma, this is Junyeon" 


Truth to be told, Emily was really upset but Yuri adviced her to stay strong and without any complain she obeyed what the older girl said. 


"You dyed your hair?" Madam Jung touched Emily's hair. 


"Nae umma, I dyed it to black again. Just when you said I'm more pretty in black"


"Aigoo, you're pretty in everything" 


Emily chuckled as her umma caressed her cheeks lovingly. 


"Where have you been? You didn't come visit me 2 days ago"


She was a bit taken aback with the question. Everyone was trying best to hide the fact that Emily had climbed the wall to enemy's country, afraid something worst could happen when she knew about it. 


"I was busy with trainers. Mianhae umma if this lately I rarely come here and see you. But I promise after this I will visit you always" 


Madam Jung smiled warmly "Anniyo. I know you're busy. You can come visit during your free time, I don't mind. As long as I can see your face, my presious daughter"


"Nae umma"


Their mother daughter moment was interrupted when Emily's PA came in to the room and informing the Captain that President Jung a.k.a her appa wanted to meet her. 


Emily nodded and asked the PA to wait for her outside. The PA bowed her head then got out from the room. 


Emily turned her eyes on her umma as she held the woman's hands. "I'm sorry umma but I have to go. Appa wants to meet me" 


Madam Jung smiled reassuringly "Gweanchana. I know you're busy. Go. You don't want your appa to turn into wolf right?"


They shared great laugh before Emily excused herself and went out from the room to catch up on her appa. 


As they were walking toward the elevator to go to her appa's floor, she bumped into Irene who was walking with head down. Emily stopped infront of Irene and so did the PA.


"You can go first, I'll catch up later" She told the PA with her gaze still on Irene. 


The Leader wasn't bothered to lift her head which made Emily to furrow her brows. Irene was about to keep walking but the Captain blocked her ways. 


When she went left, Emily went left too. When she went right, Emily went right too. 


Irene let out heavy sigh. Slowly she lifted her head and looked straight at the Captain's eyes, the eyes that she could melt on everytime she looked at it. 


Meanwhile, Emily could see sadness in those eyes and a bit... red and puffy. 


"Where are you going?" Emily asked sternly. 


Hearing the voice, Irene lowered her head again. Emily noticed that the Leader had tried to avoid her gaze. 


"I'm not asking this as your Captain, but as a friend."


"Friend? Yeah, I'm just friend to you" 


Minutes passed and the Captain still got no answer from the Leader. She heaved a loud sigh before spoke again.


"What's wrong? What's bother you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter