Chapter 4

Behind The Mask

Baekhee stared at him for 3 minutes straight, until he turned around to see Baekhee staring at him.

 

    Baekhee immediately looked away as she saw him walking towards her.

 

    ‘Oh , what the hell is Kai doing now!? Is he going to talk to me? Is he going to bully me? Making fun of me? Damn it! What the hell am I supposed to do!? Freeze? Move?’

 

    Baekhee’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted. Kai walk passed her, shoulders brushing together; she felt a sudden shiver.

 

    “Hi dear,” Kai smiled widely, spreading his arms as wide as he could before giving his new ‘girlfriend’ a tight hug behind her.

 

    Baekhee rolled her eyes, pretending that she doesn’t care. But deep in her heart, she still hasn’t moved on from him. For the past 2 months, he was still strongly stuck there in her fragile heart.

 

    Baekhee walked out of the school gate in anger, bombarding herself with questions.  “Why do you even care Baekhee? He doesn’t even love her. He probably dates her just because of her money and wealth. But he did the same to you…”

 

    Baekhee was too pissed that she kicked a palm tree nearby her. “He did the same to you but you’re still like this? You didn’t even get rid of him yet? For two months? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid Baekhee. Why is he too handsome that made you hard to get over him!?”

 

    “Handsome? You mean, me?”

 

    Baekhee widened her eyes as she saw Sehun beside her. “Sehun? You were here this whole time?”

 

    He nodded and smiled.

 

    “You heard everything I said?” Baekhee embarrassingly asked which was responded with another nod.

 

    Baekhee started hitting her head with her own hand and showered herself questions.

 

    ‘Baekhee-yah why are you so stupid? That’s probably why people say that word describes you perfectly. You could’ve complained at home since you nearly arrived but you just have to embarrass yourself like this?’

 

    “Still not over your ex?” Sehun asked which she replied with her head shook.

 

    “Hey Baekhee” Sehun patted Baekhee's shoulder, “Don’t worry dude. There are plenty of fish in the sea. He was probably just an ordinary one. Maybe not an ordinary one, but a fish corpse that’s eaten by other fish because he was a douche and girls still chase him”

 

    Baekhee glanced down and pouted.

 

    “Hey don’t think about him. Let’s go. I’ll take you home” Sehun smiled and grabbed Baekhee's wrist.

 

    A guy was spotted, sprinting in a rush towards Baekhee and Sehun’s direction. He ran past Baekhee and pushed her to the side of the road. She felt her ankle twisted and yelled in pain as she fell to the ground and bled, but the guy just kept running without looking back.

 

    “What the hell!?” Sehun kneeled down in front of Baekhee, “Are you okay Baekhee?”

 

    Baekhee forced a smile, “Yeah I’m totally fine.”

 

    ‘Ugh, it hurts! It freaking hurts! Stupid runner. Stupid.’

 

    “Okay let me help you stand up” Sehun held both of Baekhee’s hands as she tried to force herself to stand up. She succeeded but as soon as she took a step her foot was immediately burning in pain especially with her bleeding wound.

 

    Baekhee tried walking normally but every step she took, it hurt her even more as she fell to the ground and cursed.

 

    “ing hell!”

 

    “Baekhee! You’re so stupid! Why did you say that you’re fine when you’re actually in pain!?”

 

    Baekhee looked down, “I’m sorry.”

 

    Sehun sighed in worry, “Where does it hurt?” His tone of voice made Baekhee want to tear up.

 

    She has never seen anyone worried about her, excluding her brother who took a great care of her. Although her brother is just younger than her by 2 years, she felt like the younger one instead. She thought she couldn’t take care of herself, she depended on Joongki most of the time. All she received are pranks, bully, names, glares; She has never felt love or care from others until she met Sehun.

 

    “Here” She pointed at her right ankle.

 

    “Let me see first” Sehun pushed it as Baekhee shouted in pain. He immediately pulled his hand away from her ankle and repeatedly apologized.

 

    “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I'm really sorry Baekhee!”

 

    “I’ll carry you” Sehun looked at Baekhee while he kneeled in front of her with his back facing her.

 

    “No way! I’ll walk!” She disagreed. When Sehun stood up, she thought he would let her walk on her own but instead he carried her bridal style.

 

    “Sehun! Put me down! I’m as heavy as a pig!” Baekhee whined as she put her hand around his neck to avoid herself from falling.

 

    “I’ve carried things heavier than pigs! Now shut up or I’ll throw you there” Sehun pointed at a puddle of mud that was seen few meters away from them.

 

     “God damn it! Fine!” Baekhee was quiet like what Sehun told her. “My house is right there by the way”

 

    Sehun carried Baekhee to her house while they both talked about things occasionally but it seemed like the walk had gone too fast for them and now they’re both are already in front of the door of her house. Sehun put Baekhee gently as she pulled away from him.

 

    “Thank you so much, I’m really sorry for being a burden” Baekhee shyly said.

 

    “Happy to help” Sehun smiled, “I’ll get going now”

 

    “O-okay… Um.. Thanks again by the way!” Baekhee hesitantly stuttered. She didn’t want him to go too fast but she couldn’t bring herself to say it.

 

    Sehun nodded and turned his back as he started to walk away.

 

    “Uh..Sehun!” Baekhee called while she blushed. He turned around with a confused face.

 

    “Maybe you could stay here for a bit? Let’s have dinner?”


 

Posting 2 chapters on a day because it's my birthday today! :D 

I just turned 14 and... I feel old now XD

But thanks for reading!